PDA

View Full Version : Xsara VTS 167hp - porting an already tuned dump to an other ECU

VTS_Tibi
8th June, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I have a Citroen Xsara VTS with the 2.0 16V 167hp XU10J4RS engine. Loong time ago I had the original ECU mapped by a professional company in Hungary. Chiptuning / ATC Tuning Kft. - Aut? szerv?z ?s tuning (http://www.atc.hu/chiptuning)
I paid a silly amount of money for the remap, and the difference was noticeable - they also did dyno runs before and after, showing +12hp difference.
Since, I've moved onto a standalone ECU, but a friend of mine bought a similar car to mine, and we would like to put the tuned dump onto an ECU he bought from the scrapyard, so he could run his car with the remapped software.

The ECUs are Magneti Marelli IAW 1AP.10

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k545/TestorVTS/label.jpg

The engine parameters are stored on a TMS28F512A, and the immo is on a TMS374.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k545/TestorVTS/inside.jpg

So, there are two tasks:

1. Port the engine dump (28F512) to the new ECU

What would I have to do to make this work? Can I just simply copy the map to the new ECU's chip as it is, without any modification?

I've attached the engine dump from the 28F512.

2. Make the immo off from the new ECU

I had made the immo off from an IAW 1AP.40 last week. Is the process the same? The ECU looked the same internally!

bondiblu
8th June, 2012, 03:26 PM
Not sure on these, but I would think you could copy the tune across if hardware is the same (28f512 PLCC), then either immo off or swap the immo chip between them

gzk
9th June, 2012, 04:33 AM
you can no problem
immo is on the tms so no problem we have plenty of car with this ecu and done many time .
immmo off is same tms374 you can do the same
what solution do you use to immo off ?

VTS_Tibi
11th June, 2012, 07:11 AM
Won't there be any kind of problems with the checksum? Or should I correct it before loading the engine dump onto the new ECU?

you can no problem
immo is on the tms so no problem we have plenty of car with this ecu and done many time .
immmo off is same tms374 you can do the same
what solution do you use to immo off ?

I've used the IMMOTool software to make the immo off. IT was necessary to read out the TMS374 with XProg. But the program lists only the IAW 1AP.40 60 80, so not the .10!?

gzk
11th June, 2012, 11:49 PM
how do you read tms you desolder it or what ?
no problem with cks if it ok one the previous ecm it will be ok

VTS_Tibi
12th June, 2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah, desolder it and then read with a suitable adapter using a Willem.

So, I would only have to copy the map to the new ECU as it is, right? :)

gezame
13th June, 2012, 12:23 AM
Hi
Yes, you are rigth.
Br.

Marmes
13th June, 2012, 02:35 AM
no need to dessolder. there is a file that you put in 28f512 ,turn the ignition on for a few secs, don't start the car,turn the ignition off, remove ecu , then put the file you want. I don't remember the next step. But i recall 2 things, or you cut the immo pin or you keep it and the car pairs with your original immo. Either way should work

VTS_Tibi
13th June, 2012, 07:23 AM
no need to dessolder. there is a file that you put in 28f512 ,turn the ignition on for a few secs, don't start the car,turn the ignition off, remove ecu , then put the file you want. I don't remember the next step. But i recall 2 things, or you cut the immo pin or you keep it and the car pairs with your original immo. Either way should work

yep, but I can only upload the dump if I desolder! I don't know any kind of other solution which I could do.

I've heared about the "switch ignition ON, then cut the immo line" trick.