PDA

View Full Version : Vu Solo Mount USB

mrblue
9th June, 2012, 10:38 AM
Im trying to mount a 4gb usb stick on my solo. I want it for epg and pause/rewind/record, just til my external hard drive arrives.

I initialize the drive, then go into mount manager to mount as media/usb but box crashes.

This happened on vu duo box but finally got it mounted out of pure luck.

Just not sure exactly what to do to mount it correctly..

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 10:43 AM
You have to create a folder in the media folder called movie m8, you'll get this buy going into the root of the solo, then finding the media folder, usb folder then creating a movie folder, once thats done go to recording paths and change it to usb/movie folder, think you have to do the same in time shift but just select usb folder, now try and record something, had a lot of trouble yesterday trying to initialize a 16GB stick in an original solo, see my post below.Give it a go let me know if it works as I was unable to try it as the solo I was doing yesterday was a m8's, and he's away home with it...lol
HTH

mrblue
9th June, 2012, 09:14 PM
Cheers mate. Though you mention in your thread that it fails at 99%. When I initialize my drive it just comes up with a message you can continue watching tv etc.

There is no percentage counter, its seems to be just running in a background...

Will give it a go..but the movie folder is only giving me the recording, I cannot set up epg as its not mounted right...

cactikid
9th June, 2012, 09:46 PM
i have no usb or hdd attached and still have epg.

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 09:48 PM
Hi m8, if you exit out when it's initializing, press the blue button on the remote, you'll see it has a percentage that it has done, click on that brings up another box on the screen, it will then say how much percentage it has done and what its doing m8.
In epg settings, set it to usb not internal flash m8, see how that goes.
HTH

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cac your saving yours to internal flash m8 thats all:-)

mrblue
9th June, 2012, 10:53 PM
Thats my problem, usb drive will not initialise, stops at 99% with error alongs the lines of hdd/movie, no such directory.

So its looking for hdd/movie but that location does not exist, I want media/usb.

But when I go to mount manager to change mount from /media/sda1 to media/usb box just crashes and reboots.

Doing something wrong, just cant figure out what. Have formatted usb drive to fat 32 several times just to start over again from scratch but no luck..

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 11:07 PM
Exactly the fault I had yesterday m8, except the solo I was doing wouldn't crash just got to 99% then failed, do you have another Vu receiver you can initialize the stick in ?, thats what I ended up doing m8 then managed to get the epg and picons onto via the network, picons via network, epg just changed via the menu to usb, not internal flash.
Here is something for you to try m8, go into the Vix menu, mount manager and select the usb stick and mount it, now try recording to it, then if that works try downloading your epg onto , then see if you can view it on your network via your PC, remember the usb shows up in the root menu under media then usb folder.
Let me know how you get on m8, thanks.

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 11:10 PM
Also if you can can you post the error log for me, so I can post it in the vix forum please, m8's away with his box and need the error log to let the guys over at Vix forum see if they can suss out whats happening.

satsmo
9th June, 2012, 11:13 PM
Can we not sort out a path issue here????

Did anyone look at fstab?

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 11:31 PM
It should just be a case of initializing the stick sats and then creating a folder in root/media/usb/movie, for you to record, the problem we are both having is that the usb doesn't initialize, gets to 99% then you get an error message, I tried 4 different usb sticks all failed in a brand new original solo, however they all worked in my Ultimo, I was able to initialize all of them no problem.
Thinking it might me an image fault, latest 2.4 build as I cannot find anything on the net with the same fault as us 2 are getting.

mrblue
10th June, 2012, 01:09 PM
Full reboot solved it. I do not know how but when I rebooted the box, usb was mounted as media/usb. I could then do epg...

Only thing that annoys me now is I have to redownload epg everytime I loose power or even boot from standby..

Is there anyway round this, if not then is it wise to put epg on internal flash...

RuberDuck
10th June, 2012, 01:24 PM
Full reboot solved it. I do not know how but when I rebooted the box, usb was mounted as media/usb. I could then do epg...

Only thing that annoys me now is I have to redownload epg everytime I loose power or even boot from standby..

Is there anyway round this, if not then is it wise to put epg on internal flash...

as i said in your other thread the EPG data is held in live memory and only written to it's storage device upon a proper shutdown, If you cut power unexpectedly that data is lost forever as it could not save it self to it's storage device. There is nothing you can do about this. as for loosing the epg during standby thats a different matter that can be corrected with the proper setup.