PDA

View Full Version : New VU Solo/Duo coming soon !

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 11:05 AM
http://www2.vuplus.com/
I thought it was just a rumour to :-)

digicon
9th June, 2012, 11:34 AM
Yes there is still time to get shut of your old ones before the secondhand price plummets on these, expected release date around December 2012

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 11:37 AM
Glad there's no new Ultimo Digi, would of been well pi$$ed off :-)

digicon
9th June, 2012, 11:43 AM
Glad there's no new Ultimo Digi, would of been well pi$$ed off :-)

I doubt it would VU want to piss off customers with a box thats relatively only going to be 12 months old by the time theses come out i would hope not but you never know.

The spec sheet just mentions a new chipset so will it be the same as what is in the Uno/Ultimo Broadcom 7413 or a newer one i am sure we will find out in a few days when the Anga Cable show starts in Germany.

My fear is if the rumours are true and its a newer chipset then it beats the Uno/Ultimo hands down and so literally reverts them to being older models like the Solo,Duo are now.

Its wait and see what happens all will become clear very shortly.

RuberDuck
9th June, 2012, 12:08 PM
The other thing to look at is what exactly will this do to the clone market especially as we all assume that once the new line come out the older ones will either be dropped or prices slashed significantly maybe even out pricing the clones ?.

rupeshbmnoob
9th June, 2012, 02:08 PM
The other thing to look at is what exactly will this do to the clone market especially as we all assume that once the new line come out the older ones will either be dropped or prices slashed significantly maybe even out pricing the clones ?.
That's just exactly what went through my head. Also, I'd be interested to see just how much more expensive a Solo II is compared to a Solo I when it was first released and likewise with the Duo.

Also, if the new line of boxes are announced in under a weeks time, why is there a massive delay until December 2012 before the boxes are released to the general public? (I know Vu isn't Apple but when Apple announces a new product/new generation, the release date is followed closely after the 'announcement' date.)

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 05:42 PM
People will either buy another make/model or wait until December, cant see anybody buying a Vu+ Solo or Duo now, unless the price is halfed :-)

digicon
9th June, 2012, 08:20 PM
People will either buy another make/model or wait until December, cant see anybody buying a Vu+ Solo or Duo now, unless the price is halfed :-)

I suspect as soon as these are announced say 2-3months and your probably right these should drop to start clearing stock ready for the new models, Also take into consideration the price of secondhand if you have one and are thinking of selling then dont wait as prices will drop on these too.

cactikid
9th June, 2012, 08:49 PM
boxes are like cars always a new model coming out so why should people get pissed off with boxes,things are changing all the time,maybe if people dont do any research first then they may buy old stock.

dell_xps
9th June, 2012, 09:01 PM
Point being, drop the price now, people who want a Vu box can
buy a genuine product for the price there selling clones, win win for Vu, then in
6 months time, new customers can purchase the newer box at higher price or
buy old stock if any left.
If I knew a new model was coming out, Id probably wait and pay that wee
bit extra, but thats just me :-)