PDA

View Full Version : mysql & Plugins development

baderh
28th January, 2009, 11:26 AM
Hi there,
I am developing a plugin to connect to mysql database and retrieve some data based on each box mac address.

I am done with the mac address side and password protection and generation side.

Now, i am trying to connect to mysql using the same plugin, however it gives me some errors (mysql_init() not valid or initialiezed) when executing the plugin in the box.

anyone have any idea about how to connect to mysql using cdk? or if it doesnt support mysql, is there any other database engine that it does support???

danci
28th January, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi there,
I am developing a plugin to connect to mysql database and retrieve some data based on each box mac address.

I am done with the mac address side and password protection and generation side.

Now, i am trying to connect to mysql using the same plugin, however it gives me some errors (mysql_init() not valid or initialiezed) when executing the plugin in the box.

anyone have any idea about how to connect to mysql using cdk? or if it doesnt support mysql, is there any other database engine that it does support???

Hmmm is database in box or on server? If on server, you must create special user that have rights for that ...

baderh
28th January, 2009, 08:04 PM
the database is on server and the user have all the rights..

actully the plugin doesnt work at all... when i press on the to start it... it gives the error "undefined symbol: mysql_init"

danci
29th January, 2009, 07:32 AM
the database is on server and the user have all the rights..

actully the plugin doesnt work at all... when i press on the to start it... it gives the error "undefined symbol: mysql_init"

Try to put mysql libs in /var/lib folder...

If I use curl, I put libcurl.so.2 in /var/lib for same reason :) If I don't put this file, plugin breaks on error undefined symbol.

My advice is use scripts for storing and retrieving data from mysql...

baderh
29th January, 2009, 08:33 AM
I am going to try this...

I will arrange everything after I get connected to mysql and see my data.

so you mean I have to put the files in var/lib folder in dreambox?

osborne82
29th January, 2009, 05:03 PM
I am going to try this...

I will arrange everything after I get connected to mysql and see my data.

so you mean I have to put the files in var/lib folder in dreambox?

enable sql via the prepare file in your cdk m8 enigma will be built with sql support then hopefully your plugin will get there :) follow fergys advice aswell m8 (seen your post on my dev forum lol)

cheers

osborne82

horvi78
9th February, 2009, 08:14 PM
s

1234567890 dfdfio

Hi there,