PDA

View Full Version : I've forgotten my NTL STB PIN how do i fix it???

vinod
9th May, 2008, 11:15 AM
hi i have forgotten my ntl stb PIN and i use to be able to fix/change it from the engineers menu however now you cant do that what else can i do.
can it be fixed from the funcard.

Donnie Darko
9th May, 2008, 05:45 PM
What box/provider?

vinod
14th May, 2008, 09:53 AM
im in the exC&W area with a pace box 4000 or 4001

jhdetailing
15th May, 2008, 06:31 PM
You don't need a pin if you press favourites and then press ok, page up or down to the movie channels press ok and a tick will appear next to the channel, press ok again and the channel will no longer require a pin for the rest of the day. You can do this with all channels requiring a pin

Regards

vinod
16th May, 2008, 06:12 PM
do u mean to set all the channels with the passwords as favourites cause i did that through settings and it never workes it still asks for a password.

jhdetailing
16th May, 2008, 08:03 PM
when u tick it to set as a favourite u have to then untick it this will then unlock the channel. so as i said go to the channel u wish to unlock in your favourites press the ok button then press it again and this will do away with the pin request for the rest of the day.

regards

vish_p_1
17th May, 2008, 05:20 PM
Theres a red jumper inside the box if u pull it out for a bit it will reset the pin! :wavey:

Donnie Darko
17th May, 2008, 05:29 PM
Theres a red jumper inside the box if u pull it out for a bit it will reset the pin! :wavey:

And also the netid,so be prepared reset this as ex-cw dont auto set netid.

burnngo
17th May, 2008, 05:36 PM
And also the netid,so be prepared reset this as ex-cw dont auto set netid.
I WOULDNT GO PULLING THE RED JUMPER M8 UNLES YOUV GOT THE FUNCARD NETID ON A CARD OTHERWISE YOUR BOX WONT BE ABLE TO TUNE IN AS YOUR NOT IN A PURE NTL AREA IF YOU DO HAVE FUNCARD REMEMBER WHEN YOUR SETTING YOUR FREQUENCY AND LASTLY PIN PRESS TV/SERVICES ON YOUR BOX GO TO NEXT PAGE NET ID INSERT CARD VOILLA WAIT!!!! IM SAYING THIS AS SOME PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS SETTING NETID AND DONT KNOW THEY HAVE TO PRESS SERVICES AFTER RESETTING I HOPE IV BEEN OF HELP

janobi
21st May, 2008, 09:43 AM
I WOULDNT GO PULLING THE RED JUMPER M8 UNLES YOUV GOT THE FUNCARD NETID ON A CARD OTHERWISE YOUR BOX WONT BE ABLE TO TUNE IN AS YOUR NOT IN A PURE NTL AREA IF YOU DO HAVE FUNCARD REMEMBER WHEN YOUR SETTING YOUR FREQUENCY AND LASTLY PIN PRESS TV/SERVICES ON YOUR BOX GO TO NEXT PAGE NET ID INSERT CARD VOILLA WAIT!!!! IM SAYING THIS AS SOME PEOPLE HAVE PROBLEMS SETTING NETID AND DONT KNOW THEY HAVE TO PRESS SERVICES AFTER RESETTING I HOPE IV BEEN OF HELP

Turn off your caps mate. We aint deaf, you dont need to shout. You can ring the CC and they can provide the pin, or you can Jtag it for 20 mins to get the pin also.

Gun_Man
11th June, 2008, 08:38 PM
I always just pull the Red jumper and reset the net id and so on with libbybug works every time it takes me like 2 mins. PM if you want me to go through it more ok.

DJMark
2nd March, 2010, 01:42 PM
i wouldnt advise on the red jumper i pulled it out now the box gives error 11 12 and 16 and wont load