PDA

View Full Version : version?

partyzone
28th January, 2009, 04:11 PM
gone to where i should be able to find wii version but nothing shown?

help
thx daz

gmb45
28th January, 2009, 05:37 PM
gone to where i should be able to find wii version but nothing shown?

help
thx dazbit more info m8 whats the prob

partyzone
28th January, 2009, 05:41 PM
opened the settings folder to find what version of firmware i have on wii, (not new wii). went to:-
wii --settings 1
above right of cosole name should have version, but nothing thier?
Wii was bought second hand and looking at discolouring is an older system but know looks arnt everything lol.

Is thier anothe rway to find the version
thx
daz

dell_xps
28th January, 2009, 07:21 PM
opened the settings folder to find what version of firmware i have on wii, (not new wii). went to:-
wii --settings 1
above right of cosole name should have version, but nothing thier?
Wii was bought second hand and looking at discolouring is an older system but know looks arnt everything lol.

Is thier anothe rway to find the version
thx
daz

Click on the Wii on the bottom left, select settings in the right hand panel, top left will tell you what firmware your running m8.
HTH
Go for the homebrew version for 3.1 to 3.3 if it's an older one m8 !

partyzone
28th January, 2009, 08:16 PM
done that it shows nothing
heres the steps i took this way if ive done somthing wrongu will spot where it is
wii circle bottom left clicked
second screen data man and wii settings - click wii settings
3rd screen wii system settins 1 to the right where version is showing thier is nothing?

I am in the screen with console nickname calendar etc
You think if i put version needed to soft mod it it would be ok, or go online put latest version on then downgrade? it is asking for pin for certain parts is thier somthing i acan do to reset it?

thx
daz

dell_xps
28th January, 2009, 09:59 PM
done that it shows nothing
heres the steps i took this way if ive done somthing wrongu will spot where it is
wii circle bottom left clicked
second screen data man and wii settings - click wii settings
3rd screen wii system settins 1 to the right where version is showing thier is nothing?

I am in the screen with console nickname calendar etc
You think if i put version needed to soft mod it it would be ok, or go online put latest version on then downgrade? it is asking for pin for certain parts is thier somthing i acan do to reset it?

thx
daz

Parental control will be enabled, go into settings and turn it off m8, suppose you can upgrade to 3.4E then downgrade to 3.2E, but I'd just install the homebrew channel for 3.1 to 3.3 then downgrade to 3.2 m8.