PDA

View Full Version : Strong srt4310 vs nagravision

Shahidjhb
11th June, 2012, 09:53 PM
I just ordered my first free to air decoder. It's a strong srt4310. I'm hoping I didn't buy a piece of junk because someone told me that it doesn't record well. I was hoping to watch zaptv (Portuguese and Spanish tv) only to find that these signals are encrypted with nagravision. Is there any way I can fix this problem? Any advice and tips regarding my strong will be appreciated. Thanks

mdt
11th June, 2012, 10:19 PM
I just ordered my first free to air decoder. It's a strong srt4310. I'm hoping I didn't buy a piece of junk because someone told me that it doesn't record well. I was hoping to watch zaptv (Portuguese and Spanish tv) only to find that these signals are encrypted with nagravision. Is there any way I can fix this problem? Any advice and tips regarding my strong will be appreciated. Thanks

i dont know were you are based but zap tv is broadcast to soputh africa and is in dvbs2/mpeg4 and as you say encryped in nagravision although it doesnt state which version although it probably nag3... if your in the footprint of hotbird at 13east then you can get tv globo with softcam/keys once your box is patched and there is sic-int on 16east also and rtp int on hotbird all which are portugese language... we need more info really mate as to were your based, what size dish, fixed or motorised to offer any possible help. regards mdt

Shahidjhb
12th June, 2012, 06:56 AM
Thank you for speedy reply MDT. I am based in South Africa and use KU Band (sorry very new to this). I had a look at pas 7/10 (on lyngsat) and noticed that some channels stated their encryption as nagravision3 (see ETV) while others just stated Nagravision (see SABC 1,2,3). I am not sure if that?s just an oversight or a deliberate distinction. I thought ZapTV would be a good idea because I?d like to learn Spanish, Portuguese or French and wanted to get a feel for the language beforehand.

If you have time
1. I suspect that the Strong STR4310 DVR is mpeg 2 because it was really cheap, like R 350 cheap (35 euro). Does this mean it won?t be able to play Mpeg4 channels? The device is still to be delivered.

2. Will I be able to receive signals from eutelsat16A with my srt4310? These channels are however encrypted with Viaccess 2.5 and 2.3.

3. I currently have a KU dish set on pas 7/10. I pay a subscription to DSTV for a reduced package (I cannot access all the channels). Then I also have a dish set to Sirius 4. I pay a subscription to TOPTV for a reduced package. I use their respective decoders which doesn?t allow me (or makes it very difficult) to access free channels.

4. I intend to use the srt4310 to pick up all the free channels from both these birds because neither company makes it easy to add free channels onto their decoder.

5. If you know of any English/French/Spanish channels that broadcast to this side of the world on KU I?d be much obliged.

6. Thank you again for your help and sorry if, after reading all of this, your coffee is gone all cold!