PDA

View Full Version : SD card problems for LG p500

bov1873
11th June, 2012, 10:19 PM
:hello:hello all,i bought a 2nd hand lg p500 mobile phone,it was in mint condition and came with a 2g sd card which was all working,i upgraded the SD card to a 16g,i never turned the phone off when i changed it and it says no SD card inserted,so i bought another SD card,turned the phone off this time and changed the SD card,it still says no SD card inserted!any ideas?:giveup:thanking you all in advance.

happy_highlander
11th June, 2012, 11:01 PM
Have you tried another card 2gb or less, not all phones can support over 2 gb

Canker_Canison
13th June, 2012, 12:53 AM
The Optimus One can support up to 32GB.

Lets start a the idiot level (No offence)...

Is the card inserted the correct way round? If it's been forced in upside down it could of damaged the pins.

Just looked at the manual for it. If you did the above...there's no hope for you.

When you insert the memory card the door slides towards the top of the phone, then up over.
You put the card into the shaped hole then lower the door & slide it towards the bottom of the phone until it locks in place.

If the door swings open when you turn the phone over & shake it, it's not locked.

There's something about unmounting the SD card & formatting it, but I don't think that's your problem.

If you suspect damaged pins, all is not lost... Ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LG-P500-Loudspeaker-asssembly-inc-SIM-reader-unit-Genuine-Original-A614-/180895008530?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2a1e2ec712)

Post back the result of playing. Does the 2GB still work in the phone?

pomponian
15th June, 2012, 08:30 AM
i took an sd card out of my samsung without unmounting it and now its useless,goes to format it and it says write protected, did put it back in the samsung and its not reconized have tried all ways to unwrite protect it. waste of a 16gb card