PDA

View Full Version : no oil change?

cactikid
12th June, 2012, 11:22 PM
i think this deserves the no 1 plonker of all times,one reason why not to keep adding oil to engine:stupido2:

no oil change - YouTube

richy_rich
12th June, 2012, 11:38 PM
But MHM told me it had a full service history!?

cactikid
13th June, 2012, 12:01 AM
yep pushed here to there lol

Meat-Head
14th June, 2012, 06:36 PM
GOOD video, so it's a Totally Corroeded - chances are it's owner by somebody who "runs a corner shop" - doesn't want to pay anything, wants it fixing, but not wanting to depart with money.

Although varios members of this forum don't go in the garage section it's nice to see it in general chat section.

For those unsure what has happened, it should be LIQUID oil, but infact it has infact turned in to TAR - the stuff they stick on roads.

Did hear of a car, no oil change, got changed, ran 10 mins then stopped, turned out there was NO lobe left on the lumpy stick!

super jumbe
14th June, 2012, 07:17 PM
Pointless changing engine oil now the damaged already occurred, you could save the thick oil and try to start the engine with a new oil, if you hear big end and camshaft then replace the dirty oil back and sell the car.

You suppose to change engine oil every 6000miles but at present time the prise of engine oil is more then the engine you will buy from scrap yard most can not effort to service the car..

:fisheye:

cactikid
14th June, 2012, 07:26 PM
more of the public need to look and understand what oil does and does not do and if you drive say is my oil like that?
i would say engine was on its last legs.

Canker_Canison
15th June, 2012, 01:36 PM
Pointless changing engine oil now the damaged already occurred, you could save the thick oil and try to start the engine with a new oil, if you hear big end and camshaft then replace the dirty oil back and sell the car.

You suppose to change engine oil every 6000miles but at present time the prise of engine oil is more then the engine you will buy from scrap yard most can not effort to service the car..

:fisheye:

Petrol engines can go longer between oil & filter changes. My cars are serviced once every year. Usually between 10,000 & 12,000 miles. The only other thing I sometimes add is an additive to keep the lifter channels clear.

Diesel engines have to be changed, religiously, around every 6000 miles. Failure to do this will drastically reduce engine life.

ecufix
15th June, 2012, 02:01 PM
Recently I changed oil on my Jetta 3 and had to replace the oil pump as well ????

cactikid
15th June, 2012, 09:25 PM
what make of oil did you use and the grade is correct?

Mobil in UK and Ireland | Car Engine Oils (http://www.mobil.co.uk/UK-English-LCW/carengineoils.aspx)