PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Superhub flashing lights

ITS A SCAM !
13th June, 2012, 10:13 AM
I have Just got a virgin media Superhub all set up and working ok, its replaced the old NTL255 modem that seemed to be on its last legs. The issue i have with this new Modem / Router is the fact that it flashes a bright blue LED when network traffic is detected, and it sits on my bedside cabinet. Does anyone know if there will be a firmware update to turn all the lights off on the stupid thing ? I ended up sticking it under the bed last night, but now i am getting warnings in the event log that is was overheating at 2am this morning ! What a load of sh#te this is turning out to be. The dam thing does not even want to stand upright because of the Webro pulling it over ....

Reapers
17th June, 2012, 01:33 PM
maybe move it to a position where the lights
less visible?

as the overheating

checked to see if your firmware is up to date?
if it continues maybe ask virgin to take a look
into it. could be power levels maybe
or ask for a new one.

most routers/modem do get hot
at some point after a while of traffic management
also make sure the vents on the case are clear and
is in a decently vented area

also a note about the lights.

lights on any networking hardware can be important
sometimes because they show you what is being used
such as the internet or your activity on the network
also sometimes devices show if a connection is made
to other devices.

so i do not think they will add that feature personally
but never know they listen to customers.

heres some links if you need them

what the lights mean
What do the lights on the Virgin Media Super Hub mean? (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345040&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable)

if you need to reset your superhub
What do the lights on the Virgin Media Super Hub mean? (http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=345040&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable)

ray156
17th June, 2012, 02:30 PM
just stick a small square of black electrical tape over lights,

ITS A SCAM !
17th June, 2012, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the advice people ... i have covered the flashing light with some black pvc tape, i have also turned the crappy superhub into modem mode and used my DIR655 router, this also reduces the amount of flashing the super hub makes ... but i still stand by what i said ... its a huge piece of junk, with poor back up and firmware...