PDA

View Full Version : remote start information HERE

indienick
13th June, 2012, 02:07 PM
i think some guys will work with remote car starter and alarm in this forum. if you ever have questions, please tell me.

sometimes i know it is more difficult to program transponder keys if a remote start is installed. it will make the remote start quit working, or sometimes you can't add keys.

if you ever have questions, post in here. i can help.

and if you do not, sometimes if you have slow work week, this is great extra money and close to the business you are working now. when you are good at them, you can install in 2 hours or less, no matter the car, and charge at least $75 / hour

thank you

Automat
13th June, 2012, 03:18 PM
What is the name of the type of remote start you prefer to install? I have thought of adding this to my business.

indienick
13th June, 2012, 03:54 PM
If doing a remote start ONLY (no alarm), I like the Viper 160xv. It is an older unit. You can find them on eBay and such. this is my personal opinion but the best car starter ever made. anytime i see them on eBay, i buy them and have ready for stock.

The Valet 561R is a great, reliable, inexpensive unit. Very nice. But the unlock/lock button is one single button. some customers don't like that.

the Valet 562T is electronically identical to the Viper 160xv if you are having trouble finding those. get the Valet. same thing, different box.

Avital 4113L is the best unit if the car has a remote-key. like a lexus. because it is a very small remote. it only has a single button. also it has less wires to hide under the dash because the relays are built inside the module.

for the current model stuff - Viper 4103 is a great system. Kind of expensive.

all of these items are made by DEI.

i strongly encourage people to begin with DEI products. before you know how to troubleshoot if you have problems, it is best to know you have good hardware to begin with. there is nothing worse than if you had everything hooked correctly, but the system is crap and not working.

of course if the car has a transponder system, you need to purchase components to integrate with it. most are cheap. some are not.

Automat
13th June, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks, good info.....

dontzapit
14th June, 2012, 07:43 AM
i installed one on a 911 turbo last year but then the customer asked me to remove it because he hardly ever used it, it was a cool gadget though, impressed alot of people who never knew it was possible to have a car start remotely :dong:

indienick
14th June, 2012, 04:44 PM
i've never heard of someone having one removed only because they don't use it.

was it a manual transmission with clutch pedal override? i can understand that.

dontzapit
15th June, 2012, 08:02 AM
i've never heard of someone having one removed only because they don't use it.

was it a manual transmission with clutch pedal override? i can understand that.

no just a standard manual gearbox which moved very fast

kop
15th June, 2012, 06:57 PM
Just fitted one to a 2003 fiesta diesel. Need to find a tach signal/rpm wire. Any one have a colour and location.

Meat-Head
17th June, 2012, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=indienick;1594371was it a manual transmission with clutch pedal override?.[/QUOTE]

*CRINGE*

WHY WHY WHY.

A lot of these Toy-foo- Wnk-Kin ting are crap, two hours to fit then SIX hours to try and make it work.

Fitted one once, i 'got something wrong' - it didn't work, useless stupid *****ing costomer DIDN'T say he got alarm from next town, turns out you had to ??????? to make it work, nothing in the instructions about it.

could ahve phoned supllier and had a solution.

dontzapit
17th June, 2012, 12:15 PM
*CRINGE*

WHY WHY WHY.

A lot of these Toy-foo- Wnk-Kin ting are crap, two hours to fit then SIX hours to try and make it work.

Fitted one once, i 'got something wrong' - it didn't work, useless stupid *****ing costomer DIDN'T say he got alarm from next town, turns out you had to ??????? to make it work, nothing in the instructions about it.

GREAT CARS, Shit clutch pedal override gearboxes :turtle:

indienick
18th June, 2012, 02:32 PM
Just fitted one to a 2003 fiesta diesel. Need to find a tach signal/rpm wire. Any one have a colour and location.

what country m8?

always can use fuel injector - each fuel injector has two wires running to it. use the wire that is not common color.

example, if four fuel injectors have wires that are:

green / orange

green / white

green / pink

green / blue

use the orange, white, pink or blue....don't use the green. guaranteed to be tach signal. note - these colors are example only. your car and all other cars will be different.

indienick
18th June, 2012, 02:34 PM
*CRINGE*

WHY WHY WHY.

i am quite honored for you to have replied to my post, sir.

it is like i hit the lottery.

use good products and they come with good instructions. don't let one bad experience ruin it for you.

Meat-Head
23rd June, 2012, 04:47 PM
i am quite honored for you to have replied to my post, sir.

it is like i hit the lottery.

use good products and they come with good instructions. don't let one bad experience ruin it for you.

Thanks, but some of these alarms are just not safe.

Say for example, a car you supplied and fitted a 'Woo Tang W&ank Kin' remote starting alrm to.

Costomer parks it in the parking lot over a busy beech.

The costomer decides it's on a slope, so parks it in gear.
The costomer then goes to the beech and manages to press the remote start botton by accident, causing his "V6 4x4 Sieeeeeerra Saffeire" to fill the parking lot with a hugh cloud of blue exhaust smoke, and find it's own way down to the beech, going through the rotten railing and parking on a meeting of INFERIOR forum members, wiping them AND their INFERIOR server out.

YOUR liable.

OFF TOPIC:-

As with electronic steering locks and airbag rests, something goes wrong, your liabale.

HTH

Meat

indienick
25th June, 2012, 09:16 PM
hahahaha, yes, i understand what you are saying...however...

there are now systems available specifically for manual transmission. here is how it works:

before turning off the key, leave the car in neutral. press remote start button two times. when you remove the key, the car is still running. get out of the car, and close the door. then, the car will shut off.

only when the car has this procedure will the remote start function work.

when the car shuts off from closing the door, it is assured to be in neutral.

of course the hardware could go bad....but again....just use good products and you will not have this problem.

the 100% best safety for it will be to tell customer with manual transmission to ~~~~ off :-)

i put an old system designed for auto only on my wife's car...it is manual transmission....i install magnetic switches around the shifter. if it is not in neutral, the car cannot start. but it took like 3 hours. only for my wife :-)

Meat-Head
25th June, 2012, 09:48 PM
there are now systems available specifically for manual transmission. here is how it works:

before turning off the key, leave the car in neutral. press remote start button two times. when you remove the key, the car is still running. get out of the car, and close the door. then, the car will shut off.

of course the hardware could go bad....but again....just use good products and you will not have this problem.

:-)

Yes the Clifford Intellistart 4 (TM)

Just do not earth the black/green wire - for auto trans.

Did hear one going through a fence, and the blac/kgreen wire was 100000000000000000000000000% NOT CONNECTED, NOR able to be connected by accident to ground - go figure.

Then cheap shite ones should NEVER be fitted -

Say you do have one on an Auto, you have you willy over the hood, jerking off over Tracy Barlow and accidently press the engine starter.

They don't care if hood open - if hood pins not greased 8 months there rotten.