PDA

View Full Version : Nokia Dbox1 Help Cheers

satmanstan
9th May, 2008, 03:06 PM
Im trying to update my NOKIA DBOX 1 but totally stuck. What software do i need to flash it using the RS232 port and what image should i use to autoupdate the dbox1

Many thanks for whoever can help me

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 03:14 PM
A Dbox1 - WOW!

As far as I can remember, you needed a card and a CAM for a dbox1. Never had one so can't really help you more, sorry.

satmanstan
9th May, 2008, 03:20 PM
Its a NOKIA D-BOX CN it says on the back. ITs a big black thing with a LCD on the front if that helps? Ive had it around 2 years but sick of putting the codes in all the time

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 03:23 PM
How many scart connections does it have?

satmanstan
9th May, 2008, 03:43 PM
2 scarts on the back

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 04:01 PM
Ah ok, it's not a dbox1, it's a dbox2.

My advice would be to flash a new image that auto updates the keys.

Either Blade Quad, Laky or Fatman are the latest images, try one of those.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6

You will need to connect the dbox to your PC if you want to flash an image.

Connecting a DBox2 to your PC (http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/)

It's written for the dreambox but it's the same principles.

Once you can ftp to your box, download the image that's compatible with your box, i.e. 1x or 2x. This means the amount of flash chips your dbox2 has, either 1 or 2. You can find out by lifting the top cover off and having a look, they should say 'Intel Flash' or 'AMD Flash' on them.

Copy the .img file to the /tmp folder on your box via ftp.

Using the remote, follow this:

DBOX
SERVICE MENU
EXPERT FUNCTIONS
WRITE ONE PARTITION
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER
Select img file from the list and then Yes.

Image will be flashed and that's you.

Set your location via the blue button when it boots up. Allow it to reboot again then do a channels scan.

:)

paul/derby
10th May, 2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for all this info, i have been following this thread and found it usefull for myself to, ty again for all your hard work.

all the best

paul

pingg20
10th May, 2008, 02:46 PM
hi just thought id ad to the advice about dbox2 if its a nokia they all have 2xchips and you would need to have a special tool to remove the screws without causing damage so you dont need to remove the cover to check .and if its a sagem they have 1xchip or 2xchip if you look through the fins at the top left of the box you should be able to see the chips without removing the cover thank for listining if you do remove any covers be carefull danger!!!! they hold a high capacity of electic power in capacitators even when been turned off for days hope this may keep you safe i learned the hard way and got zaped with one lucky im still here

satmanstan
12th May, 2008, 02:05 PM
Sorry for being dumb but ive downloaded the image but how do i flash the nokia dbox 2 with the image i downloaded?

I have a RS232 cable at the ready

Dreamer
12th May, 2008, 02:21 PM
Hi sat

I don't suppose you have a crossover ethernet cable do you? Cause then you can follow the "connecting the dbox to your PC" guide in devilfish's post above.

satmanstan
12th May, 2008, 02:47 PM
Ok ive successfully flashed my nokia dbox with the BLADE 2x image. Ive just tried a scan and it says no channels found after about 2-3 seconds. I have the cable plugged into the antenna in. Am i doing something wrong ?

Dreamer
12th May, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm no expert at this but the rest of the guys seem to be busy just now.

I done my own a while back and I'm trying to remember so bear with me.

It sounds like you are not getting a good signal into the box.

Was there another input labled cable?

when you went to do the scan was there a box where you could change the scan type to bruteforce?

satmanstan
12th May, 2008, 03:11 PM
Tried the scan option on every single CABLE mode and it just does the same after about 3-5 seconds it says no channels found and i have to press home button to go back. Ive done a cable test and the indicator bar reports to about 75%.

It cant be the cable as i have just scanned a eurovox and a dreambox 500C without any problems

Really annoying me now lol.

Dreamer
12th May, 2008, 03:16 PM
What image did you flash it?

Did you set your location via the blue button?

satmanstan
12th May, 2008, 04:24 PM
I flashed using the BLADE x2 image. As for location i dont see this on the blue button?

evoaz
18th May, 2008, 12:02 AM
Hi, this is exactly the same issue I am facing (as per another thread), any further advice or solution will be much apprecated.

Thanks

tjlynch_ie
18th May, 2008, 12:07 AM
Hey... if you have another box which has got the channels already, you should be able to copy the services.xml file using FTP from one to the other. Should do the trick.

you will usually find the services.xml file in the var/tuxbox/zapit folder