PDA

View Full Version : Us open golf

johnboy1974
13th June, 2012, 08:02 PM
Just back from the bookies and couldnt believe it when I saw who they were making 6-1 favourite to win- tiger woods.
Dont know how they get that but it's very poor value. As yet I'm undecided so will probably end up betting big phil mickelson.

footycard steve
13th June, 2012, 09:53 PM
get online woods is 17/2 and it takes a brave man to lay him at much bigger,i'm expecting ricky fowler to win a major soon but was hoping for bigger than 40/1

true grit
13th June, 2012, 09:59 PM
the course is a nightmare if you miss the fairways,

Jim Furyk 35/1 e.w. for me.

:cheers:

Wolfpack
14th June, 2012, 04:01 AM
Jason Dufner 25-1 Ernie Els 66-1 Matt Kuchar 30-1. What are the odds Tiger plays bad and claims he's hurt?

AgentD
14th June, 2012, 09:37 AM
I fancy Matt Kuchar for this one (30/1)

footycard steve
14th June, 2012, 10:27 PM
woods 1 under after 1st round and in to 9/4 the price might drift a little if somebody cards 3 or 4 under from one of the later rounds,

johnboy1974
15th June, 2012, 05:50 AM
Seems a very tough course judging by the scores- isn't it great watching the best golfers on the planet struggle.
Good start from woods, but can he show the mental strength that has been missing of late.

owenb
15th June, 2012, 09:56 AM
hope u didnt bet on mickleson.................

andy91
15th June, 2012, 02:15 PM
Just catching up on the golf,hoping the likes of Westwood,Mclroy and Donald havn't blown it.
Not many birdies out there on this course and not overly long so plays into Woods hands hence the lack of Driver off the tee.
Even par wont be far off come Sunday.

Andy.

Wolfpack
15th June, 2012, 04:59 PM
The course seems to tough but fair. Its about time but wait and see on weekend if they continue to water the greens so they don't get too fast.

skegsagypsy
15th June, 2012, 11:04 PM
Sorry, but this isn't a true test of golf, it's closer to crazy golf than a test of golf skills. reens that are impossible to allow control or even read putts do not test skill, rather they set a rabbits foot into the hand of the luckiest golfer on the day! Disappointing to say the least!

SIMPLY THE BEST
16th June, 2012, 01:49 AM
Thing is when it comes to golf when you see scores of upwards of 20 under par does that constitute an easy course ? what do you reckon is a proper test of skill when it comes to golf.

Is it better to have an all round game or be lucky when it comes to putting mad greens ?

Wolfpack
16th June, 2012, 03:39 AM
The US open is always like this. They usually let the greens get too fast. The one thing you can always count on is if you don't drive it in the fairway you don't have a chance. I think if the rough is going to be high the greens shouldn't be so fast. If the greens are going to be like linoleum the rough needs to no higher than 2 inch. This is why i really don't like the US open. The British Open is much better test of golf.

skegsagypsy
16th June, 2012, 07:20 AM
Time McIlroy got rid of his chick and concentrated on his golf, its glaringly obvious that one is effecting the other!

owenb
16th June, 2012, 10:53 AM
just think the course doesnt suit his aggressive play to be honest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its a game of patience out there which rory isnt known for

biggest suprise for me is tiger as his patience levels are usually v low i think we can expect a flare up in todays 3rd round

skegsagypsy
16th June, 2012, 10:59 AM
Owen I would agree with you if he had been in form but thats his fourth missed cut in 5 events. Miss Wozniacki is taking all his attention (cant say I blame him tho lol)

Wolfpack
16th June, 2012, 01:57 PM
Have to give credit to Tiger. He looks like he's on a mission. I still don't like him but give his his just due. Rory needs to forget about the fame and work on what got him where he is today. I think Westwood could have a big weekend. He hung in their when Rory and Luke were taking a dump.

johnboy1974
16th June, 2012, 06:46 PM
Nice to see jim furyk in the mix a good honest hard working pro who isn't the longest hitter but finds the fairways and boy can he putt.

leotheloin
16th June, 2012, 10:46 PM
This has to be the worst us open i've ever watched.
Players wont put any back spin on the ball in case it comes back to where they played it from.
Putting from 3foot to the hole,, missing,, and then haven't to put back from a 9foot.
Coming out of a bunker landing 2feet near the hole or 2feet behind it only to watch the ball travel off the green.

skegsagypsy
17th June, 2012, 07:41 AM
I agree with you leo, its been awful, but we are where we are and I'm hoping Gmac can go on to win it, especially as it would enhance the Irish Open in a few weeks time, it would be some occasion to welcome him home as the US Open champion.

johnboy1974
17th June, 2012, 09:09 AM
Yes gmac got a great chance and you know he won't bottle it. Looks like its set up for a good finish and I wouldn't be surprised if someone a couple of shots back comes to claim the crown. Ernie els maybe.

leotheloin
17th June, 2012, 07:44 PM
Would love to see gmac win it but i drew Nicolas Colsaerts in the pub lottery only found out this morning.
350 euros for the winner

mattybhoy
18th June, 2012, 12:48 AM
Going to have to call it a night, especially as G-Mac and Westwood seem to be off it. Harrington now only 3 behind - may be the top European at the end?

skegsagypsy
18th June, 2012, 08:09 AM
So Webb Simpson hangs on for the win, unlucky by Gmac but showed hes in good form with the Irish Open in a fortnight at his home track, looking forward too it, tickets booked transport booked and free booze as the bar my son manages are running the corporate drinks tents :D

Wolfpack
18th June, 2012, 02:58 PM
I have to say The US open was boring. Who wants to watch when no one really has a chance to birdie the first 6 holes. The ending was the worst cause if Furyk didn't birdie the 17th it was all over for him cause the pin placement on the 18th made it virtually impossible to make a birdie. GM had a chance but 24 feet for a birdie. They only make such a put half the time in a normal tournament let alone a US open. Would rather watch the other 3 majors.