PDA

View Full Version : Rasberry pi smallest pc ?

ecufix
14th June, 2012, 08:19 AM
Wow this is so clever , imagine all the possibilities , regards

Robert Mullins, Co-Founder, Raspberry Pi Foundation Introduces Board B - YouTube

zee24
14th June, 2012, 01:55 PM
?22???? ive not seen it anywhere for that price more like ?40

if anyone knows where its ?22 please do let me know thanx

Shady
14th June, 2012, 01:58 PM
Its about ?21.60 without vat from rs components, but theres a long waiting list, hence the inflated prices due to demand

Meat-Head
14th June, 2012, 06:28 PM
theres a thread about this somewhere already.

More to the point, can you get DK on them?

TheCoder
15th June, 2012, 01:07 AM
More to the point, can you get DK on them?

Yes, you can run a browser on them. Its usable but doesn't look too hot on a tv screen.

Its certainly a nice machine for the price but you cant really call it a PC. Its more like a router with a video/sound interface.

It does nicely run a small web server though, for those that fancy having a go at such stuff.

Meat-Head
16th June, 2012, 09:02 PM
well if you cant get dk on it dont bother.
having said that stick in your manbag with bluefish keyboard use for emergency to virew dk

moleyman
17th June, 2012, 08:00 AM
i got an email yesterday from rs another 10,000 units are comming in soon :)

if you resistered after the 1st june then you are looking at 14 weeks lead time

skegsagypsy
17th June, 2012, 09:16 AM
Whats the big hold up with these, given that theres very little to them you would think they could mass produce !

nara
17th June, 2012, 10:18 AM
Whats the big hold up with these, given that theres very little to them you would think they could mass produce !

The manufacturer(Taiwan/China?) made a mess of things and fitted the wrong ethernet connection jack, they all had to be desoldered and replaced.

ITS A SCAM !
18th June, 2012, 06:56 AM
I expresssed a interest many, many weeks ago with RS components and last week i was emailed a order code from them. They cost ?30.87 including delivery. I have paid for mine and waiting for delivery ( they say about another 6 weeks )

klanten87
18th June, 2012, 07:50 AM
What is the best use for this little computer in your eyes?

Meat-Head
18th June, 2012, 02:30 PM
The manufacturer(Taiwan/China?) made a mess of things and fitted the wrong ethernet connection jack, they all had to be desoldered and replaced.

Could threy not have made adaptors for them

Dunno, what about downloads.

pivpiv
18th June, 2012, 06:55 PM
I would rather wait for a jailbreak for the New Ipad and XBMC

GastonJ
18th June, 2012, 07:28 PM

Depends what you're capable of writing, I dare say there'll be lots of applications written around it, mostly video based since it has hdmi output. But anything you can think of that requires a small computer, firewalls, routers, media centres, carputers, control of the house electricals etc and so on and on.

Meat-Head
18th June, 2012, 09:03 PM
control of the house electricals etc and so on and on.

Could this system, be connected to your home computer and internet, so you can send a text or a skype message, so as your leaving work, or whatever, the main computer is already running on your home page of DK?

Oh and boil the kettle as well?

GastonJ
18th June, 2012, 11:21 PM
If you want to spend the cash and time it's always possible.