PDA

View Full Version : vectra C immo swap

pianoman58
14th June, 2012, 02:35 PM
I have here 2002 2.0 Dti vectra with unknown units and non start, and another same model car that is running fine. Which modules do i need to swap over to make it run.
I swapped the key, cim, engine/pump ecu, dash, passenger side fusebox and alarm unit, but still no start.
Any help please ?

dijo
14th June, 2012, 03:01 PM
I have here 2002 2.0 Dti vectra with unknown units and non start, and another same model car that is running fine. Which modules do i need to swap over to make it run.
I swapped the key, cim, engine/pump ecu, dash, passenger side fusebox and alarm unit, but still no start.
Any help please ?

Look if Airbag ECU is VIN programmed...

Why you did?t diagnosis your car...

pianoman58
14th June, 2012, 04:47 PM
Car came to me in a million bits, every man and his dog has had a go already !!
Usual story.
It actually broke down 9 months ago

pianoman58
15th June, 2012, 11:51 PM
Any help anyone ??

Shmortz
16th June, 2012, 08:55 AM
make full diagnosis and post result here...

flyins
29th July, 2012, 05:44 PM
Also got to code in ddm and pdm, (both door modules) for car to start

ninja123
29th July, 2012, 05:56 PM
Also got to code in ddm and pdm, (both door modules) for car to start

Really?!?!?

Also, pianno man, why didnt you just reset all the modules on your doner car first, then you can just swap whichever unit you needed to?

ninja

flyins
12th August, 2012, 05:49 PM
did you start vectra c

flyins
12th August, 2012, 05:50 PM
Really?!?!?

Also, pianno man, why didnt you just reset all the modules on your doner car first, then you can just swap whichever unit you needed to?

ninja

yes pdm and ddm need are part of immo

pianoman58
12th August, 2012, 07:07 PM
Sorry, ninja et al, I said i had swapped all the units over, but actually i saw the donor car running and the owner,( another garage (car sales) ) swapped all the units over before i could reset them, thinking he could save my labour charges, and tried to start it. He had been swapping various S/hand units on that car for months. Originally it only needed a cim unit, but instead of buying a new one for ?180 and fixing it there and then, he spent the next 10 or11 months swapping bits with no success, and ended up buying a complete car to swap everything over and lost a year off the value of the car. I think i was asking him ?60 quid labour to do the original job, and he thought that was too much.
Belated thanks for all your help and comments

ninja123
24th August, 2012, 07:14 AM
lollollolTYPICAL CAR SALES GUYS!lollollol

willywonker2010
28th August, 2012, 10:40 PM
make sure u sting him now on the price
if u get it running good luck
also tel the man a price
for your labour up to now
or leave the job if u get nowwhere
some people take the piss