PDA

View Full Version : Mercedes key made, remote no range

labusas
15th June, 2012, 12:33 AM
Two times in a row now I make a key from EZS dump to w220 and 219. Both times to chrome key using either 051 or/and 041 folders.
Problem is that the remote works ONLY when pointed at the driver's door within couple of feet.
I tried with w219 and made a key with small black key and it works normal.
What gives? Are these cars only compatible with small black and not chrome keys?
I've made keys to c and E class before no problems with chrome keys.

smayer
15th June, 2012, 01:01 AM
Two times in a row now I make a key from EZS dump to w220 and 219. Both times to chrome key using either 051 or/and 041 folders.
Problem is that the remote works ONLY when pointed at the driver's door within couple of feet.
I tried with w219 and made a key with small black key and it works normal.
What gives? Are these cars only compatible with small black and not chrome keys?
I've made keys to c and E class before no problems with chrome keys.

The keys match the car frequencie ? you can't use a 315mhz key in a 433mhz car.

leandroks
15th June, 2012, 02:22 AM
Some models have a ir receptor on the doors handle, so it can receive the signal even when u got the wrong frequency, so probably what is happening is just like Smayer said, u ve programmed the wrong frequency fob and when u point it to the doors knob it works just why it is receiving via ir not FM.

labusas
15th June, 2012, 02:55 AM
That makes sense now. It was not my keys but customers' both of whom bought them from same supplier here in Canada. God only knows where he's got them from.
Is it possible to confirm the frequency from attached pics?
It looks identical to known good one for 315Hhz usa.
It also has a panic button which euro keys don't have.

dontzapit
15th June, 2012, 07:57 AM
Some models have a ir receptor on the doors handle, so it can receive the signal even when u got the wrong frequency, so probably what is happening is just like Smayer said, u ve programmed the wrong frequency fob and when u point it to the doors knob it works just why it is receiving via ir not FM.

are you 100% sure about that? ive never seen a key work this way, the infra red is only for window and roof closing etc

labusas
15th June, 2012, 06:22 PM
"Originally Posted by leandroks http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f177/mercedes-key-made-remote-no-range-276338/#post1594922)
Some models have a ir receptor on the doors handle, so it can receive the signal even when u got the wrong frequency, so probably what is happening is just like Smayer said, u ve programmed the wrong frequency fob and when u point it to the doors knob it works just why it is receiving via ir not FM."

Can this be confirmed?

labusas
15th June, 2012, 07:57 PM
Yes, found confirmation:
"Door locks are controlled from the key by radio frequency, and will operate regardless of direction the key is pointed. The auto window/sunroof features are infrared, however, and operate only if the key is pointed at the small square IR receiver in the driver's door handle. The IR range is usually less than the RF range, and can be affected by bright sunlight directly on the door handle."

So my problem still stands but can't be confirmed:
1. The key looks to be identical to correct 315Mhz key
2. All fuses are OK and small black key works - indicating correct com-bar and rf amp work.

smayer
15th June, 2012, 08:49 PM
Maybe the Crome keys are made in china....

paul_12345
16th June, 2012, 11:46 AM
Yes, found confirmation:
"Door locks are controlled from the key by radio frequency, and will operate regardless of direction the key is pointed. The auto window/sunroof features are infrared, however, and operate only if the key is pointed at the small square IR receiver in the driver's door handle. The IR range is usually less than the RF range, and can be affected by bright sunlight directly on the door handle."

So my problem still stands but can't be confirmed:
1. The key looks to be identical to correct 315Mhz key
2. All fuses are OK and small black key works - indicating correct com-bar and rf amp work.

That isn't confirmation that the ir opens the doors

Door locks are controlled from the key by radio frequency

The auto window/sunroof features are infrared, however, and operate only if the key is pointed at the small square IR receiver in the driver's door handle

where does it say the ir opens the doors??

MarkPRP
16th June, 2012, 12:26 PM
Have you actually checked it on a rf tester?

Sometimes it's the programmer you use. Ie Chinese nec programmer.

I have had perfect keys, used Chinese shit nec programmer when mbkeyprog adapter broke and it would not work rf only ir on door....

Mark

labusas
16th June, 2012, 04:24 PM
Thanks Mark about Chinese NEC programer, yes I use it but why does the small black key work then and not chrome? It same NEC chip in both

smayer
16th June, 2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks Mark about Chinese NEC programer, yes I use it but why does the small black key work then and not chrome? It same NEC chip in both

The black key is original, made in german, the crome key is made in china and the frequencie dont match or dont have RF power.

leandroks
16th June, 2012, 07:25 PM
Have u tryied to program a small black key wich is working and than swap the nec chip to the chrome one??? If it works ok if not u can be asured your chromed one board is faulty;.

labusas
17th June, 2012, 12:36 AM
Thanks Leandroks for the tip, will try next time customer comes back

bugajewski_pl
17th June, 2012, 01:41 AM
IR signal control also door locking, today I have w220 with broken RF receiver, but central door locking work perfect, when I try with IR signal and receiver in door handle.

znakedwrx
17th June, 2012, 09:46 AM
It did happen to me once before - soldering was an issue! I had original key working fine and i was makeing a spare one, then i have notice that rf is not working anymore, but IR only on old key + new key.

I rewelded the chip again and problem gone!

leandroks
17th June, 2012, 05:01 PM
IR signal control also door locking, today I have w220 with broken RF receiver, but central door locking work perfect, when I try with IR signal and receiver in door handle.
Thanks for confirming the information m8.:shakehands: