PDA

View Full Version : need help with dbox2

gizmo.1484
9th May, 2008, 03:48 PM
When i try to connect to my dbox with flashfxp it just says connection failed. I have changed all the connections settings. I got connected once but after that no luck.

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 04:03 PM
What is your dbox and PC ip addresses?

Are you using a crossover ethernet cable to connect it straight to your PC?

Are you using the same network card that you usually use for your internet?

How to Connect a Dbox2 to your PC (http://www.dreamboxtips.com/how-to-connect-your-dreambox-to-your-pc/)

gizmo.1484
10th May, 2008, 08:25 PM
I got connected to my dbox but when i flashed a new image across only half of the image got downloaded i thought it had all downloaded so i saved and rebooted now i cannot reconnect does that mean i have f***ed my dbox. When my box starts up it just gets to the start up picture and that is where it stays. Please help

Jaffa
10th May, 2008, 08:31 PM
Not sure why you get to boot image and no further but you may have to reflash using IFA. It is best to do it with a null modem cable but you can do it with just a crossover cable but it may take a few attempts. There are different versions of IFA in downloads section but V1.56 seems to work for most people.

aftermath
10th May, 2008, 08:36 PM
nope

you need to use a null modem cable now

try this way http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1531

gizmo.1484
10th May, 2008, 08:45 PM
Cheers guys four i had f***ed it. So i cannot use a crossover cable? If not can i pick up a null cable from any CPU shop? How do i connect it to my computer?

aftermath
10th May, 2008, 08:47 PM
maplins , cost about ?10 or ebay about ?3

Jaffa
10th May, 2008, 08:48 PM
It does work with a crossover cable, it just takes the timing to be right, you may be lucky and get it 1st time or it may take 10 goes but it can be done. At least give it a try, may save you a few pounds.

It is easier with a null modem and crossover cable together. The null modem you can get at a computer shop or ebay and it connects to the serial port of your pc.

gizmo.1484
10th May, 2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks a lot guys.If i cannot conker the crossover cable Is that the only way as my laptop as not got a serial port cheers

aftermath
10th May, 2008, 09:12 PM
you could always use a mates PC

Jaffa
10th May, 2008, 09:12 PM
You could get either a usb to serial adapter or a pcmia serial card and you can get those on ebay, most laptop users have the same problem.

gizmo.1484
10th May, 2008, 09:20 PM
Cheers Jaffa & Aftermath i will give that a try cannot do much now. East is East is on 4 so i will chat to you later thanks for ever thing mate.:rock: