PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Ducato/Peugeot Boxer fuel indicator problem after making a spare key

keysph
16th June, 2012, 07:29 AM
A month ago I've done a spare key for Peugeot Boxer. After I did it by dump with Zed-Bull the fuel indicator show empty tank.
I told the customer that probably the problem will go after he will refill. He came back after a week and the problem did not disappear. I've told him to go to a tester to see the problem.

Yesterday I had a Fiat Ducato and after making the spare key it had the same problem.

The keys are working perfectly in both cars. The dumps are verified and are done correctly.

Any of you experienced this? How can I prevent this?

lupu_sandu
16th June, 2012, 02:54 PM
Remove battery for 5 min.
If not make a proxy alignment with AlfaOBD

Meat-Head
17th June, 2012, 12:45 AM
Remove battery for 5 min.
If not make a proxy alignment with AlfaOBD

Not going to argue, because you'll just tell me to FF off :roflmao::roflmao:

If this is the slightly earlier, but not that early, but late but NOT that late

On RHD version behind the glovebox *SOMEWHERE* is a control unit, that pritty sure IS for the fuel gauge.

*THINK* we have had two and *THINK* it was a dry joint/blown track in said control unit.

Try Lupu_Sandu's suggestion first - he's more cool than i am.

keysph
17th June, 2012, 04:01 PM
From now on I will disconnect the battery when I take off the BSI to see if this persists.
Tnx for your advices.

smokinjoe
12th January, 2013, 08:01 PM
have this problem too on 2008 fiat ducato,if i disconnect battery and reconnect it will give an accurate reading of fuel i.e 50% level but then manually operating the gauge it will not move from the last point set.
can any other tool make the proxy settings?fiat ecuscan for example?

Meat-Head
12th January, 2013, 09:43 PM
have this problem too on 2008 fiat ducato,if i disconnect battery and reconnect it will give an accurate reading of fuel

OFF TOPIC:-

CONFIRMED rumor - the clocks play up we had one where the tempreture gauge was always at 50% - swapped sender same, tryed spare ecu same
battery off/on cured

found on some INFERIOR website it was comom problem

ON TOPIC:-

bear in mind, a car don't use 20 gallons of fuel in two mins.

suggest:-

INFERIOR WEBSITE

If you find after disconnecting the fuel tank wiring from the vehicle the gauge in the car doesn?t operate properly please perform the following:

Remove the sender from the tank and mark the position at 50%
Move the sender to 100%
Turn the Ignition on for 10secs
Ignition OFF for 30 secs
Move the sender to 0%
Turn the Ignition ON for 10Secs
Ignition OFF for 30secs
Move the sender to 50%
Ignition on for 10secs
Ignition OFF for 30secs
Now let the BSi go to sleep by removing the keys from the car locking it and moving away from the vehicle. Allow a reasonable period of time

smokinjoe
12th January, 2013, 10:58 PM
cheers meaty i will try this method and i should of mentioned that the clocks and sender were already replaced from a donor van and wiring has also been tested so i feel the problem is aiming more towards the bsi and hopefully your solution will do the job.

Meat-Head
12th January, 2013, 11:22 PM
your solution will do the job.

not mine something i leeched from an INFERIOR website - used 4 times on various pugs with susess.

not this time i agree with Lupu on your about the poxy alaignment.

no idea why but a LOT of modern veciles the fuel sender goes to the ecu (nothing to do with M-H-M)

so if you have a spare ecu try it.

paddyp
3rd February, 2013, 01:47 AM
I have the same shenannigans here did meatheads solution work?

Meat-Head
3rd February, 2013, 11:04 AM
What year us yours and have you fone a key vor it

paddyp
3rd February, 2013, 10:11 PM
What year us yours and have you fone a key vor it

2005 programmed three keys for it, done a few of them never imagined it would **** up the fuel indicator though. Still works for the last quarter though so I might blag my way out of it :-p Checked the resistance across the full range and it seem correct so must be BullShIt

keygargoil
4th February, 2013, 01:56 AM
cheers meaty i will try this method and i should of mentioned that the clocks and sender were already replaced from a donor van and wiring has also been tested so i feel the problem is aiming more towards the bsi and hopefully your solution will do the job.
I HAD ONE ON A IVECO BSI AFTER MAKING A KEY THE CLOCKS WOULD NOT POWER BACK UP IF GROUND WAS SUPPLIED TO PIN 4 ON THE OBD PORT IT WAS FINE

keysph
4th February, 2013, 04:38 PM
The car started with no clocks power?
The ground to pin 4 was permanent mounted or for few seconds?

Meat-Head
4th February, 2013, 09:58 PM
The car started with no clocks power?
The ground to pin 4 was permanent mounted or for few seconds?

not going to mention user names, but some members :embarassed: use pin 4 for ground (permeant) for fitting tracking devices