PDA

View Full Version : White screen of Death

owen7
16th June, 2012, 01:48 PM
Hi guys

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend of mine.

She has got a ipod touch, bought brand new 3 months ago but the screen goes white and you can't see anything.

She has been into an Apple store and when they switched it on it bloody worked! so they just said as they can't see the problem there's nothing they can do :dong:

Anyway since then it's happened again and again, any ideas?

I have pressed the power button and the middle button when the white screen is on and a Apple sign appears and then comes on BUT it goes white screen again in time.

mickydibble
16th June, 2012, 03:47 PM
Has plugged in pc and tried upgrade through iTunes ?

owen7
16th June, 2012, 05:17 PM
Has plugged in pc and tried upgrade through iTunes ?

Yep, Apple tech did that when she went in to see them.

She has made another appointment for Wed to take it in again, i thought it may be a common problem or something.

mickydibble
16th June, 2012, 05:21 PM
Happening all the time?,that's not common lol have you tried the usual holding home n power together forever or until something reboots

johnboy1974
17th June, 2012, 09:23 AM
Try putting into dfu mode and full restore through iTunes.

owen7
17th June, 2012, 09:26 AM
Happening all the time?,that's not common lol have you tried the usual holding home n power together forever or until something reboots

Yep done that and it will work for a while but it will go back to white screen eventually.

Try putting into dfu mode and full restore through iTunes.

I think that's what the store did to it took about 10 mins.

mickydibble
20th June, 2012, 04:33 PM
think prob fault how long you had it best back t5o shop i think,but worth trying dfu again first

feona
5th July, 2012, 07:06 AM
does your itouch 4 been jailbreak and then out the white screen? if so , you could try dfu mode

juandee
27th September, 2012, 07:45 PM
may be the display cable, the same thing happens to me