PDA

View Full Version : VU Solo Clone Serial port and USB port DEAD

dnixon
16th June, 2012, 02:16 PM
Hi

I have just received 2 receivers a Duo and a Solo both clones. The duo is fine and I have flashed the image I wanted onto it. But the Solo just has a red light and will not respond to either a USB or null modem connection.

I have read and downloaded all the update software I need, when I open the software connected to the null modem cable it says serial port1 good connected. However, nothing works. Just a red light and dead. If I put a USB stick which I use all the time on these boxes, nothing, does not even flash the stick just a red light.

Any help would be appreciated

dell_xps
16th June, 2012, 02:57 PM
Send it back, look at the countless threads with red light only not just on this forum but other forums, save yourself the stress and hassle m8, return to sender ASAP !, and get yer money back.
HTH

cactikid
16th June, 2012, 02:59 PM
boxes are flashed by usb sticks not null modem cable,do the boxes have a v2 sticker on them?on the clone duo i would unplug and inspect psu board as lots are having problems with bad boards that have got wet and stored in damp conditions.

dnixon
16th June, 2012, 03:00 PM
I had just about come to that conclusion after spending 5 hours trying not to be beaten.

Very frustrating.:dong:

dnixon
16th June, 2012, 03:02 PM
No v2 sticker will have a look inside

dell_xps
16th June, 2012, 03:06 PM
Oops if you have loaded the latest Image on it you've probably bricked it m8 :-(, no version 2 sticker, then you need to update the kernal on it first before using the very latest images.
Return to sender tell them it was DOA !!!

dell_xps
16th June, 2012, 03:07 PM
Out of interest how much did you pay for your Solo clone ?

dnixon
16th June, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hi

I could load any image as the box does not respond to either usb or serial port.

I paid 110 euros

dell_xps
16th June, 2012, 03:37 PM
Did it not start from scratch ?, if so it's DOA dead on arrival m8, send it back as per my first reply.
110 euros, you get get an original for ?130 !!

cactikid
16th June, 2012, 03:38 PM
it is the not been the beaten part that got you and others but the gangsters who bring out unworthy products which are badly made stored in bad conditions and in sometimes be hazardous,if the boxes were as good quality and stored correctly and labelled correctly then clones would not get bad reviews,and what if you bought from china? buy a clone=pay twice.

dell_xps
16th June, 2012, 03:41 PM
At the start I thought I would get a clone just to see if they were any good, glad I kept my dosh now as these clones seem to be a hit n' miss. I will always buy original Vu products, they do have there problems but at least you can get them fixed/repaired in the UK.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news m8, but send it back.