PDA

View Full Version : x box360 wireless network adaptor

beno
29th January, 2009, 02:17 PM
My sons just bought himself an X Box360, but didn't realise you needed a wireless adaptor to get onto X box live.My question is do you have to buy a genuine adaptor for the Xbox or are there cheaper non Microsoft adaptors that do the same job.I know you can do it through a PC but this is not an option really.We've all ran out of money now and need to do this as cheaply as possible.

Thanks.

caveman_nige
29th January, 2009, 02:35 PM
not sure how much the MS versions are but you can buy these for the same job.. IT depends on how much you want to spend as well..

I have used these before:
Belkin 802.11g Wireless G Gaming Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Prices vary, but i paid more than this for mine... I have two at home, one on an xbox and the other on a dreambox..

03ratty
29th January, 2009, 02:37 PM
both myself and friends have used various third party wireless adaptors with no problems, there are many gudies available on the net which can explain much better than me, just do a google search.

C64
29th January, 2009, 03:40 PM
My sons just bought himself an X Box360, but didn't realise you needed a wireless adaptor to get onto X box live.My question is do you have to buy a genuine adaptor for the Xbox or are there cheaper non Microsoft adaptors that do the same job.I know you can do it through a PC but this is not an option really.We've all ran out of money now and need to do this as cheaply as possible.

Thanks.

Why not just use a cable or is the 360 too far away?

I use a cheap ?13 wireless router that I configured as an Access Point, much cheaper.

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th January, 2009, 01:02 AM
We use the second router trick too..

bakojosuke
31st January, 2009, 12:34 AM
I think you have to buy the actual adapter for wireless.