PDA

View Full Version : upa read FF FF

digimile
19th June, 2012, 10:56 PM
hi
last day upa work perfect but today when in try to read 93c76x16 it say FF FF not read good i dont understand what happen to my upa with author adapter it never fails on this kind of eeproms...may be this becasue of heat or something else...but some thing is wrong in upa now....i try atleast 20 times all the time FF FF in hex window....please need advice whats wrong with upa....
thanks

dashradio
19th June, 2012, 11:03 PM
Dirty legs on eeprom or broken wire on your clip

digimile
20th June, 2012, 12:48 AM
hi
no chance of broken legs becasue i read again with other programmer it work..but upa give FF FF

smokey08
20th June, 2012, 01:31 AM
Have you tried reading a different eeprom with you upa since this one?

digimile
20th June, 2012, 03:13 AM
i dont understand why it dosenot read..but i didnot try another because i dont have much work to do...but i try DSP3+ after that and it read success and make job in 2 min... same clip which i use for upa i use for dsp3+ and dsp3+ read success but upa fails...may be author know how to solve this problem...
thanks

digitaltech
20th June, 2012, 06:08 AM
i dont understand why it dosenot read..but i didnot try another because i dont have much work to do...but i try DSP3+ after that and it read success and make job in 2 min... same clip which i use for upa i use for dsp3+ and dsp3+ read success but upa fails...may be author know how to solve this problem...
thanks
maybe you need an update from Arthur, maybe he put counter in the clips ?

nomis
20th June, 2012, 08:10 AM
maybe you need an update from Arthur, maybe he put counter in the clips ? LOL....

@digimile What says hardware test ?

captain crackers
20th June, 2012, 08:37 AM
It is highly unlikely the adapters are the problem. If you have some 93cxx eeproms, try reading/writing out of circuit, first without the in-circuit adapter and then with it. If it then reads out of circuit, it is not the adapters. You could also try, remove the cable connector to pins 5,6,7,8 on the soic clip, pull out the connector pin 6 on the soic clip and replace the cable connector, (don't forget to replace the soic pin after trying). I have had a 93c86 from a Honda airbag ECU where this was the problem. You really need to have a selection of eeproms so you can make tests both in and out of circuit. The main thing is, if it will read/ write other eeproms ie. 95xx, 35080 or other 93cxx, it is not the adapters. If all else fails let me know and I will replace your in-circuit adapter but as yet have never had one fail. Arthur.

digitaltech
20th June, 2012, 06:40 PM
thanks
upa-usb ? usb2serial converter ?

Meat-Head
21st June, 2012, 06:38 PM
maybe you need an update from Arthur, maybe he put counter in the clips ?

have had problems with a 3M clip.

is it possable you have a blob of solder where the sun don't shine?

buul
21st June, 2012, 06:50 PM
I also had problems with reading some eeproms with upa. But I always manged to read them. Mostly the problems were bad solderings or bad connections (rotated eeprom pinout). One more thing I always read every memory outside the circuit.

digimile
22nd June, 2012, 04:23 AM
hi
I dont have soldering iron so u can understand i didnot remove eerpom from the board i read all eeproms incircuit with author adapters and upa....all read write verify success but from last 2 days it starts giving me problem of reading all FFF in the hex window...i dont understand what happen to this genious programmer...i try everything like change usb cable,check all soic clip connection ,but didnot work...but with same soic clip i try read with DSP3+ and it read and write succes everything ok with dash and eeprom....so there is problem in wires of upa of adapters...
thanks

captain crackers
22nd June, 2012, 05:28 AM
Send me a PM explaining the problem ie. what dash you could not do and I will help you. If it is the adapters I will exchange them for you but I still don't think they are the problem. Arthur.