PDA

View Full Version : noob with problem with galaxy ace wifi connected no internet

nrsjbor
20th June, 2012, 10:31 PM
ok guys i am not a complete idiot ok so sensible suggestions please

ok my phone was working today fine however this evening my phone said im connected to my home wifi service however facebook youtube and browser etc all say no internet coonection

there in problems with home wifi service as using it now to post this. nor is it a problem for my partner to connect her phone to wifi and browse so fault lies within phone.

model number = GTS5830
ANDROID VERSION = 2.3.3
BASEBAND VERSION = S5830XWKP8
KERNEL VERSION = 2.6.35.7-PERF-CL561786ROOT@DELL128
GINGERBREAD NUMBER = GINGERBREAD.XWKPY

ALL SUGGESTIONS GREATFULL

Shady
20th June, 2012, 10:36 PM
try 'fix my wifi ' app

is that dont work type '' *#*#526#*#*'' on your phone and wait until you see 'process was succesful' on your screen

nrsjbor
21st June, 2012, 07:49 AM
ok this did not solve my problem any other ideas

Canker_Canison
21st June, 2012, 01:12 PM
It's a bit harsh. But back everything up (contacts, photos, etc) & factory reset the phone.

This can be done via the settings menu or by typing *2767*3855# into the phone dialer.

If that doesn't work you could try updating the firmware.

It does sound like a software issue as it's showing connected, just not allowing data to be transfered.

Do you have an anti virus or a type of firewall installed on the phone?

Vixen
22nd June, 2012, 01:18 AM
hi I have this problem sometimes with my galaxy S II it shows your connected but when you try and access fb or web it says no connection what I do is make sure that the gps is turned off I then turned of wifi then turn just the wifi back on and bingo you connect I think its a conflict between them both.