PDA

View Full Version : Vu+ Uno vs Solo2

briz
21st June, 2012, 12:00 PM
So by now the new Duo2 & Solo2 should have been officially introduced at Agna Cable. Anyone got any more details?

In particular I'm interested in what the Solo2 offers over the Uno?

All I've heard is something about a new chipset (presumably enabling blindscan) and screen on the front panel, both of which are offered by the Uno.

Duo2 improvements are clear. Duo is getting old now, needs new chipset for blindscan etc, but the Uno is much newer and I assumed this was was the replacement for the Solo. Will the Solo2 now replace the Uno?

RuberDuck
22nd June, 2012, 10:19 AM
for starters the uno was never intended to replace the solo, it was a addition to the line not a replacement. in the same way as the solo2 is not a replacement for the uno.

at this moment there are no more details about the new boxes other than those provided at the anga cable show, you'r going to have to wait a few months at least until more is released.

now although not said i do think it safe to assume that these new boxes are to replace the existing solo and duo allowing Vu to cease production of these and move on now that the cloners have their grubby mits on them.