PDA

View Full Version : BMW E46 M3 MSS54 tune help!

rrr500
21st June, 2012, 03:47 PM
Hi everyone!

Can anyone help me,how to program out the things what i not need in the M3 ecu?
With ECM Titanium or another Chip Tuner program?
Just i need to learn,where can i find the right adresses in the maps...?
Because the fault memory show a few errors like:SMG transmission communication,steereing angle sensor,ABS/DSC can message timeout,etc..
If needed i dowload the sofware from ecu and post here.http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f175/128027d1340289315-bmw-analog-signal-can-bus-dscn1231.jpg
Thank you!

PLEASE HELP!:giveup:

ominimicu
21st June, 2012, 11:03 PM
best winols, ecm will show very few maps, 2 or three. there are so many maps in that ecu...including the Vanos

rrr500
24th June, 2012, 06:36 PM
So,nobody tune the E46 M3 ECU?
If yes,please share with me,where can i find in the the map positions in ecu software.
If the FREE is the problem,please contact me in pm.
A few people find me with their solutions,but i want to learn how to...
Thank you!

ZliZare
25th June, 2012, 11:08 AM
That what you wanna do is learning process that takes several yeas..

ominimicu
25th June, 2012, 12:54 PM
he is right...this proces of learning takes years..depending on the time spent.

Post your ori file...i can guide you to several map adresses

Katvis
27th June, 2012, 10:26 PM
If you are really willing to learn I can give a few pointers. Problem is that not many people know this DME back to front and even the things I learned is very limited but it will maybe help you in the correct direction.

There is a file available with MAP/CURVES and Constant addresses but this addresses are not correct, the addresses even differ between european and USA cars. So basically you have to know what you look for and then it is a lot of work to find the MAPS/CURVES that you recognise and that way you can identify quite a few of the surrounding constants and curves.

On how to disable certain code I can not help you at all but would be interested to know if you find out, what I can help you with is the method to correct the check sums after you changed code in certain areas.

rrr500
18th August, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hello,

Here i am again.
I built in the engine in my car,and i have a problem with it.
If i start,its ok,idle is ok,but if i try to push accelerator pedal fully,the throttle actuator does not open the throttle valves fully.
Just around 20%.

But if i tried to push fully down the accel.pedal when the car just on ignition,but not run,all works fine.
The actuator opens fully or as I push the pedal.

I attach my Mss54 ori flash what i read out with Galetto.

So can anybody help me to find the maps,to switch off the CAN systems,and another things?

filecloud
18th August, 2012, 11:28 PM
Hello
Are you shure that your file is 100% original?
greetings,
filecloud

rrr500
19th August, 2012, 12:14 AM
Hello
Are you shure that your file is 100% original?
greetings,
filecloud
Hello,

I don't know...
I just read out with galetto.(this is not the whole dump i think)

When i bought the ECU from the seller,he sell it like manual transmission,but it seems this is a SMG transmission ecu,
so anything can be possible...

filecloud
19th August, 2012, 10:31 AM
?
I do not understand. You bought a second hand ecu for your M3 manual and exchanged it with a SMG coded one? And now the car does not work properly?
Why not repair the old ecu? What was wrong with it?
greetings,
filecloud

Cloudforce
19th August, 2012, 11:53 AM
i would flash it with winkfp to a suitable zusammenbaunummer without SMG2 and try again.

Katvis
19th August, 2012, 02:14 PM
I attach my Mss54 ori flash what i read out with Galetto.

So can anybody help me to find the maps,to switch off the CAN systems,and another things?

First of all this file is much to small to be the complete program dump, this is only the DATA section dump where you can find all the MAPS, CURVES and CONSTANT values.

I highly doubt if you can switch off the CAN messages inside this section, you will need to reverse engineer the CODE section to find the CAN messaging and do the trick.

What "other things" do you want to do?

Katvis
19th August, 2012, 02:38 PM
A quick analysing of your file:
Bytes $0-$3FFF, flash 1 dump
Bytes $8000-$FFFF, flash 2 dump

Open the BIN file in your hex editor and have a look at bytes $0 and $1 and also bytes $8000and $8001, now have a look at the attached file and then you can figure out which is the Master CPU and which is the Slave CPU flash memories.

Have a look at bytes $6 and also $8006 and it will give you the "serie" number $20 = E46, and so forth and so forth...

Please note this file was modified and corrected for my MSS52 DME but as you will soon find out it is exactly the same for the MSS54, you just need to correct all the memory locations for you particular DME.

rrr500
20th August, 2012, 01:48 AM
?
I do not understand. You bought a second hand ecu for your M3 manual and exchanged it with a SMG coded one? And now the car does not work properly?
Why not repair the old ecu? What was wrong with it?
greetings,
filecloud
No.
I bought a second hand ecu with ews+key,because i bought a S54 engine with cable harness,
but without ecu.
I built this engine into my BMW E30,connect all wires to the right place.
I start the engine,idle is ok,but if i push the accelerator pedal,the electronic throttle actuator is not actuate enough the throttle valves.
Simply no full throttle just if the engine is not running

So first i need a solution for this problem.
Then if its solved,i need to program out the CAN things,like:
SMG,ABS,Lambda sensors after CAT.,etc.

filecloud
20th August, 2012, 07:16 AM
Hello
You can start with the SMG , CAN stuff right now. The ecu does not open throttle properly because it has no feedback from hydraulic clutch status and gearbox position. Make it a manual and this problem will be gone i guess. So the ecu reaction is absolutely plausible.
greetings,
filecloud

rrr500
20th August, 2012, 02:11 PM
Hello
You can start with the SMG , CAN stuff right now. The ecu does not open throttle properly because it has no feedback from hydraulic clutch status and gearbox position. Make it a manual and this problem will be gone i guess. So the ecu reaction is absolutely plausible.
greetings,
filecloudThank you!

I wondering this,and i tried to program my ecu with WinKFP,but the program not work.
I don't see ecu list on it,and if i import the SP daten files,and tried to add the manual transmission ZUSB number,
it comes up a fault code: xxkfconf.da2

So can i have another chance to program out the smg?
Or another program?
Or anybody have a Euro S54 6 speed manual transmission flash for me?

Regards

Morette
20th August, 2012, 02:29 PM
The file is modified, RPM limiter raised to 8300, VMax set to 320kms.
It looks like a lot of time has been spent on the file, or I don't have a close enough original file to compare it.

Morette
20th August, 2012, 02:33 PM
Or another program?

Regards

Can you read all of the part numbers from the ECU case?
One will be a BMW hardware number, there will be a software "type", and finally an assembly number.

I might be able to find a matching assembly number for your hardware and manual transmission, and this assembly number should be the one you need to tell winKFP to program.

edit - see see the contol unit part number on the first post. Is there are other stickers with a chassis number on and specific data?

filecloud
20th August, 2012, 03:45 PM
Thank you!

I wondering this,and i tried to program my ecu with WinKFP,but the program not work.
I don't see ecu list on it,and if i import the SP daten files,and tried to add the manual transmission ZUSB number,
it comes up a fault code: xxkfconf.da2

Or another program?

Regards

Please post the Hardware number, Software number, Zusammenbaunummer of the file you have posted.
greetings,
filecloud

Cloudforce
20th August, 2012, 05:02 PM
i really doubt, you can code off DSC system

rrr500
20th August, 2012, 09:42 PM
I solved the problem.
I uploaded another sofware with WinKFP,and the throttle problem and SMG problem is solved.

Now i need to turn off DSC and steering angle sensor... :)
So how can i turn off them?

rrr500
20th August, 2012, 09:55 PM
Can you read all of the part numbers from the ECU case?
One will be a BMW hardware number, there will be a software "type", and finally an assembly number.

I might be able to find a matching assembly number for your hardware and manual transmission, and this assembly number should be the one you need to tell winKFP to program.

edit - see see the contol unit part number on the first post. Is there are other stickers with a chassis number on and specific data?Here is the data what you need.
I need to code out the DSC and Steering Angle Sensor.
Another problems has been solved.
Regards

Morette
20th August, 2012, 11:20 PM
That is the original SMG data or the new flash?

I know the DSC, CAN and EWS can be removed as people have done this for conversions on S62 into other chassis but I don't know that information.

filecloud
21st August, 2012, 08:42 AM
Here is the data what you need.
I need to code out the DSC and Steering Angle Sensor.
Another problems has been solved.
Regards

Hello
These numbers belong to the file with the calibration J424-2101! So you ecu has a totally wrong datablock flashed. Yours is JD39-2101. Try to fix this first. Otherwise you may mess up the ecu completely
greetings,
filecloud

filecloud
21st August, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hello
You can try this datablock. This matches exactly to your ecu data. It is 100% original and you can start your work from scratch.
greetings,
filecloud

rrr500
21st August, 2012, 10:29 PM
Hello
These numbers belong to the file with the calibration J424-2101! So you ecu has a totally wrong datablock flashed. Yours is JD39-2101. Try to fix this first. Otherwise you may mess up the ecu completely
greetings,
filecloud
Hello,

Sorry but i don't understand what you want to tell me.
What this numbers mean?
And where did you get this numbers ?
Regards

rrr500
21st August, 2012, 10:35 PM
That is the original SMG data or the new flash?

I know the DSC, CAN and EWS can be removed as people have done this for conversions on S62 into other chassis but I don't know that information.
This is the new flash what i uploaded.
I heard too about DSC,CAN,LWS,etc remove,but i don't know too.
I think soon i will know..Just i need time to learn.

rrr500
13th October, 2012, 10:02 PM
A quick analysing of your file:
Bytes $0-$3FFF, flash 1 dump
Bytes $8000-$FFFF, flash 2 dump

Open the BIN file in your hex editor and have a look at bytes $0 and $1 and also bytes $8000and $8001, now have a look at the attached file and then you can figure out which is the Master CPU and which is the Slave CPU flash memories.

Have a look at bytes $6 and also $8006 and it will give you the "serie" number $20 = E46, and so forth and so forth...

Please note this file was modified and corrected for my MSS52 DME but as you will soon find out it is exactly the same for the MSS54, you just need to correct all the memory locations for you particular DME.
Hello,
Here i am again...

I try to figure out,where can i found this adresses,what you tried to tell me..
But a can't.
I am a stupid,or i don't know what i don't see,but i'm stuck now.
When i open my dump with hex editor,i only see the memory adress like :
first line : 00000
second line : 00010
third line : 00020
etc.

Where can i find $6 or $8006??
Sorry if i ask stupid thing...
Here is a picture from the opened dump:

Morette
14th October, 2012, 05:56 PM
0006 is 6 from the start.

The address is hex, so you see