PDA

View Full Version : Htc desire hd stuck!!

mickydibble
23rd June, 2012, 01:45 PM
NYC desire stuck on boot screen ,I have took batt out,men card sim also put back in still same any ideas? Cheers micky

doorfix3r
23rd June, 2012, 01:55 PM
enter recovery mode and refalsh it :P

Canker_Canison
23rd June, 2012, 02:59 PM
Try a factory reset first.

Hold volume down & press the power button.

If the boot screen stays on, use the vol buttons to scroll down to 'Clear Data' & select (power button I think)

mickydibble
23rd June, 2012, 03:24 PM
Try a factory reset first.

Hold volume down & press the power button.

If the boot screen stays on, use the vol buttons to scroll down to 'Clear Data' & select (power button I think)

I unlocked the phone by code,and is now on giffgaff,will doing a reset lose my unlock?

mickydibble
23rd June, 2012, 07:14 PM
Neither worked guys unresponsive in the menu back to same?

mickydibble
23rd June, 2012, 10:53 PM
Downloaded restore configuration image I think!?,formatted mem card dropped on image as zip because it said don't change nothing much happened format card again then put raw img on,tried to run that on phone bootloader no joy I'm stuck. Help!!

Canker_Canison
24th June, 2012, 10:51 AM
Give HappyHighlander a buzz via PM. he has more knowledge about Rooting & software flashing than most of us on here.

But if it still has warranty on it you should look at sending it back for repair. Warranty lasts 2 years in the EU

mickydibble
24th June, 2012, 02:12 PM
Cheers ,well it was a phone that was on contract and I ~~~~ed it off lol and unlocked to giffgaff and was ok for a while it's my partners not sure if anything happened for it to stick on boot but will probes pm happy later when back from asda lol cheers pal

happy_highlander
25th June, 2012, 12:33 AM
Cheers ,well it was a phone that was on contract and I ~~~~ed it off lol and unlocked to giffgaff and was ok for a while it's my partners not sure if anything happened for it to stick on boot but will probes pm happy later when back from asda lol cheers pal

I'm not exactly sure if it's hboot your stuck in but if it is all your questions will be answered in the link I've pm'd you mate. It is specific to the desire hd so will give you better advice than I can.

mickydibble
26th June, 2012, 10:58 AM
Happy , the phone came back on by it bloody self ?? Anyway seems ok for now lol

happy_highlander
26th June, 2012, 01:41 PM
Happy , the phone came back on by it bloody self ?? Anyway seems ok for now lol

Good for now them mate, just make sure you have a backup of everything you need incase you get locked out for good

mickydibble
27th June, 2012, 12:07 PM
Good for now them mate, just make sure you have a backup of everything you need incase you get locked out for good

done it again happy,:( the bashtard !!

just come on i should back up, but it asks for update is this safe

happy_highlander
27th June, 2012, 05:14 PM
done it again happy,:( the bashtard !!

just come on i should back up, but it asks for update is this safe

I haven't got a clue m8 but I would assume it is, I don't think they can do a network locked update unless it is the sim from the original network that's in it, by rights it should only do a standard software update

mickydibble
27th June, 2012, 09:20 PM
You were right pal :) seem to have updated fine and re installing stuff cheers. For now it works lol

happy_highlander
27th June, 2012, 11:17 PM
You were right pal :) seem to have updated fine and re installing stuff cheers. For now it works lol

Good m8 that should have installed the new bootloaders that will replace the ones that were a bit iffy. Has you android verson number changed ????

werd
3rd July, 2012, 12:12 PM
gonna have to flash the rom

mickydibble
3rd July, 2012, 02:25 PM
gone tits up again !!!!

happy_highlander
3rd July, 2012, 05:19 PM
gone tits up again !!!!

I thought it might m8, that's a bummer, even if you put a new rom on it it is very likely it will happen again. Think you might need to go down the fleabay route if you don't get any warranty joy. I'd try my luck, even if it's just out of warranty it's still not fit for purpose having a hardware issue within 2 years

Canker_Canison
3rd July, 2012, 05:58 PM
I seem to recall HTC's having this issue before, think it was the original desire that first showed problems.

If I've got this right it was sourced to bad chips being used.

Warranty should cover it.

mickydibble
3rd July, 2012, 06:49 PM
No reciept,it was contract but ~~~~ed em off lol but could I still go for warranty ? , and who's to know whether under 2 yr old or not ? Cheers

Canker_Canison
3rd July, 2012, 08:31 PM
HTC will have a record of when it was shipped out & to who.

It won't matter about the contract, HTC made the phone, they provide the warranty for the phone. Warranty is not linked to the contract.

mickydibble
4th July, 2012, 08:20 PM
HTC will have a record of when it was shipped out & to who.

It won't matter about the contract, HTC made the phone, they provide the warranty for the phone. Warranty is not linked to the contract.

Very good pal, they are going to ship for repair just hope they don't notice anything not right you know!!, anyway nice one watch this space :))

dltooley84
13th November, 2012, 05:22 PM
my htc is stuck on the boot screen, ive tried hold volume and power which takes me to hboot. tried factory reset, selcted that and now it just stays on that same page. any ideas on what else to try?

Canker_Canison
13th November, 2012, 06:03 PM
my htc is stuck on the boot screen, ive tried hold volume and power which takes me to hboot. tried factory reset, selcted that and now it just stays on that same page. any ideas on what else to try?

Which screen is it now on? If on Hboot screen, you have to remove the battery.

If it's still stuck in the original loop you might want to look at flashing it.

mickydibble
13th November, 2012, 09:09 PM
Very good pal, they are going to ship for repair just hope they don't notice anything not right you know!!, anyway nice one watch this space :))

just thought i let you know guys eventually i got a new phone,bit of aballache though anyone else do this keep all details phone number, nrepair numbers or anything i remember that if i hadnt been onto them i would of got no jot from the repair company!! so beware

by the way cheers canker and happy :) top guys

mickydibble
30th November, 2012, 10:42 PM
ok fellas got a new unlocked one but had for a while and now doing the same shite is it htc phones are just crap or what?, any advice for this one guys tryed the previous ,i think?!

Partymad09
15th June, 2015, 02:54 PM
looking some help get the unlocked code for 353450064417744