PDA

View Full Version : Heres a thought

skegsagypsy
23rd June, 2012, 08:25 PM
Just say The newco Rangers are forced to start in the 3rd division, wouldn't this in effect be a good thing for the Scottish game if their fan base continued to follow them in the numbers they currently do ?
Surely the influx of finances at lower level would only improve the quality of football in those leagues and have a filter up effect to all of the other leagues. Add to that the fact that teams in the SPL would have a greater chance of winning it outwith Celtic and therefore have a chance at European football, again the quality of the game can only improve given such a scenario. Maybe in a perverse way, all this nonsense is good for the Scottish game.......then again maybe I'm ~~~~in pissed !

southpaw83
23rd June, 2012, 10:21 PM
2nd and 3rd division clubs talk about being able to run for 2 or 3 season off the money from a Celtic or Rangers cup tie. 4 games a season would be financially fantastic for them.

gazz10
23rd June, 2012, 10:28 PM
2nd and 3rd division clubs talk about being able to run for 2 or 3 season off the money from a Celtic or Rangers cup tie. 4 games a season would be financially fantastic for them.

Thats cup games, is there still going to be same turn out for Sevco in the second/third division, Already there fans are percentage of fans walking, am sure the rest of the away fan support wont fancy trip to elgin or were ever on.

It just seems to be draggin on an on, am sure there will more twist n turns before the 4th

johnboy1974
24th June, 2012, 11:46 AM
Just say The newco Rangers are forced to start in the 3rd division, wouldn't this in effect be a good thing for the Scottish game if their fan base continued to follow them in the numbers they currently do ?
Surely the influx of finances at lower level would only improve the quality of football in those leagues and have a filter up effect to all of the other leagues. Add to that the fact that teams in the SPL would have a greater chance of winning it outwith Celtic and therefore have a chance at European football, again the quality of the game can only improve given such a scenario. Maybe in a perverse way, all this nonsense is good for the Scottish game.......then again maybe I'm ~~~~in pissed !

Skegs would the grounds of the third division clubs be able to accommodate an influx of bluenoses I don't think so- surely they would have to invest in their grounds to increase their capacities. There's already talk of the third division clubs being allowed to play their home games at ibrox.

skegsagypsy
24th June, 2012, 12:10 PM
Wouldn't the influx of new funds help the clubs at the lower levels, therefore increase the chances of upgrading grounds etc, clubs in those divisions would also have to employ better players, all in all it could turn out to be a decent thing out of an unholy mess.

johnboy1974
24th June, 2012, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't the influx of new funds help the clubs at the lower levels, therefore increase the chances of upgrading grounds etc, clubs in those divisions would also have to employ better players, all in all it could turn out to be a decent thing out of an unholy mess.

Yes it's a good point but the clubs would have to spend considerable money first and I don't know where that would come from. I don't think it matters now as it looks nailed on its going to be the first division.

skegsagypsy
24th June, 2012, 01:01 PM
Aye looks that way, but I believe if it's straight into 1st div, there are going to be a lot of very disgruntled fans and this could lead to much deeper problems further down the line. Also, who takes the place in SPL ? Dunfermline or Dundee, rather than shifting the rules around to suit, they should have dealt with the issue outright according to the current rules. Useless ~~~~ers running the show!

skegsagypsy
24th June, 2012, 01:29 PM
A bigger problem for the newco Rangers is that most of the players are now walking away, even 1st div football (if they parachute in) will be very difficult to get out of again, given they may find it impossible to buy decent quality players.

twatty
24th June, 2012, 01:49 PM
granada news wednesday. rangers owners approached bury fc to buy it with the intension of changing its name and slipping into english division 1 bury chairman said no .so what are they up to ?

southpaw83
24th June, 2012, 05:58 PM
I have no idea why my last post was deleted, but I think that lower league clubs would benefit hugely from Rangers playing there. Some clubs talk of running for 2 or 3 seasons on the money from a cup tie, so the presence of Rangers for a full season would be a major boost to the whole league

skegsagypsy
25th June, 2012, 05:48 PM
A criminal investigation has been launched into Craig Whytes takeover of Rangers last May.

On Monday the Crown Office confirmed it had ordered Strathclyde Police to investigate alleged criminality after inspecting information handed to them by administrators Duff and Phelps.

Rangers crisis: Crown launches criminal investigation into Whyte takeover | News | Glasgow | STV (http://local.stv.tv/glasgow/107837-rangers-crisis-crown-launches-criminal-investigation-into-whyte-takeover/)

AgentD
26th June, 2012, 12:18 PM
Rangers newco: 1964 bid to eject minnows could come back to haunt club

IRONY will be at the forefront of the minds of certain members of the Scottish Football League with long memories when they vote on the future of ?The Rangers?.
Five clubs which will be involved in determining which division the Ibrox club will play in next season ? Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Brechin City, Stenhousemuir and Stranraer ? may think back 48 years when the boot was on the other foot.
In 1964, this gang of five survived an attempt to oust them from senior football in a move led by Rangers.

Rangers newco: 1964 bid to eject minnows could come back to haunt club - Sport - Scotsman.com (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rangers-newco-1964-bid-to-eject-minnows-could-come-back-to-haunt-club-1-2375352)