PDA

View Full Version : T444-E Navistar engine

donniemnemonic
24th June, 2012, 01:47 AM
Hi m8s

Have this problem with an International truck powered by navistar T444-E engine. The thing is the truck refused to start one day and the owner called in a sparky who condemned the engine ecm which he then attempted to repair.

The ecm was later brought to me and I have since attempted to repair it but it's been to no avail as the guy who attempted to repair it the first time really messed it up inside.

I then suggested the owner get a replacement ecm which he did but unfortunately it came carrying the DT466E calibration instead of the required T444-E. After trying to start the truck with this Ecm it started logging a fault stating that the flywheel sensor was not configured correctly to the connected ecm which lead me to believe that this was due to the engine type differences I mentioned above.

Is it possible to recalibrate the ecm myself or am I wrong in assuming that it failed to start for the reasons I stated above (difference in engine typt numbers i.e T444E from Dt466E.

Any help would be greatly appreciate...................................

Regards
Donniemnemonic:jiggin:

joe5543
24th June, 2012, 02:41 AM
Hi m8s

Have this problem with an International truck powered by navistar T444-E engine. The thing is the truck refused to start one day and the owner called in a sparky who condemned the engine ecm which he then attempted to repair.

The ecm was later brought to me and I have since attempted to repair it but it's been to no avail as the guy who attempted to repair it the first time really messed it up inside.

I then suggested the owner get a replacement ecm which he did but unfortunately it came carrying the DT466E calibration instead of the required T444-E. After trying to start the truck with this Ecm it started logging a fault stating that the flywheel sensor was not configured correctly to the connected ecm which lead me to believe that this was due to the engine type differences I mentioned above.

Is it possible to recalibrate the ecm myself or am I wrong in assuming that it failed to start for the reasons I stated above (difference in engine typt numbers i.e T444E from Dt466E.

Any help would be greatly appreciate...................................

Regards
Donniemnemonic:jiggin:

One engine is an inline six engine and the other engine is a V8, take the ECM to an International dealer and have them program the ECM to the correct serial number. The DT ECM may not even work at all. All calibration is done online with a dyy number only navistar employees have those PW.