PDA

View Full Version : Commando 14.6 DM500 Release

Pages : [1] 2

PaphosAL
24th June, 2012, 03:20 PM
Commando 14.6 DM500 Release is finally here!

What's new?

A library of readme docs explaining all the below, and much more
but sadly, nobody ever reads them. We've made it as easy as possible, with all docs linux formatted for comfortable local viewing on your telly with Tuxbox Commander from the Blue button, so go on- have a browse, please, yes? The docs folder is the default right pane in TuxCom, just arrow Up or Down to hilite the doc, then press OK to view it. Or read via FTP in the /var/etc/info folder.

Set My Location 2-3-1
set your location in three easy steps. Yes, we've taken care of our cousins over there on the Emerald Isle too! If you're in the London region, which is default for the stream channels, you can skip this one, coz 14.6 is London out of the tin. Please see the readme for more info

AutoBouquets
if this doesn't sway users away from DMUK or FlipFlop bouquets and services, then we give up! 12 minutes spent (which can be automated on a daily Plugin Timer while you're fast asleep) and everything is bang up to date and 100% accurate, pulled down directly from the 28.2E stream! See the readme please, as this is highly customizable as well.

GetEPG (or) RT-EPG 'smart' Plugin
whether you're running in the default GetEPG mode, or have switched to online Radio Times EPG, you'll now see a Plugin for it under Blue > 4 - meaning you can do a manual EPG load with just two button presses! Or maybe set up a daily Plugin Timer to autoload EPG each day? The docs cover this in more detail...

GetEPG and RT-EPG eazier customizing
has been expanded upon since C14.5, with new user-friendly menus in the EPG & Autobouquets Wizard under the blue button. This subject has it's own readme too.

GetEPG find EPG ID
this uses dvbsnoop to quickly find the stream EPG ID tag for any new channels that AutoBouquets has found, but has not seen in the mapfile. So you can easily add it in to your user rdmap.dat file to grab stream EPG for it / them. Read the GetEPG doc for full destructions please.

International TimeZone Menu
default TimeZone is of course set for UK / Eire, but for our overseas users, we have a new TimeZone Menu for you! You'll find it in Settings > OSD and iif you remember to Save your TZ selection on the way back out, it is applied instantly! No reboot- no restart neutrino! More inf in the General doc.

Astra 28.2E 'All Channels' bouquet option- A-Z sorted!
LraiZer slipped this one in at the 11th hour, but it was worth delaying release for a day to pop it in at the last minute. See the tail end of the General doc for more insight please.

Any other changes?

Plugins
with the necessary inclusion of the rather phat dvbsnoop binay in root, we've evicted all the Games and TuxCom / TuxTxt Plugins from SquahFS root, and relocated them to the /var/tuxbox/plugins folder. Users can now decide for themselves which ones they want to keep. See the General doc.

Main and Service Menus
some subtle re-ordering here, in order to protect AutoBouquets from being fubarred by unwitting user Personalization. We needed to ensure that certain items could ONLY ever be on the 1 or 2 buttons.

Personalize Menus
the eagle eyed amongst you might notice that certain items have been disabled in here. It's either because it doesn't apply to DM500 (like Shutdown and LCD) or again, for protecting AutoBouquets...

Bouquet ordering
some of our sophisticated pikey members up North felt that the stream order for Doumentaries in P7 was too far down the list. We can't argue with these folks (or they'll nick all our lead flashing and exposed copper pipe). So we've hoisted it into P3 to pacify them. But you can get AutoBouquets to genearte any Bouquet order you like, if you just read it's doc...

Bug Fixes from C14.5?

Three that we can think of. Want to know what they are? Second from last section in the General doc, LOL!

As usual, we owe a giant debt of gratitude to LraiZer for his relentless work on making a great image even better! ENJOY!

Cheers- AL, Renny, LraiZer and Satsearching :)

crisdo98
24th June, 2012, 06:34 PM
Perfect.. messed up my image last night so went hunting for 14.4 and came across this beauty.

What's the best program to flash it with as I've not done it for about a year?

Thanks

PaphosAL
24th June, 2012, 07:13 PM
Perfect.. messed up my image last night so went hunting for 14.4 and came across this beauty.

What's the best program to flash it with as I've not done it for about a year?

Thanks

Depends what you have on the moment, m8. If it's C14.5 or C14.4 or earler. then just unrar the image and FTP it to /tmp and then go into te Service > Blue menu to reflash.

But first, backup your cam(s) and any other vital stuff from /var/bin or /var/bin/emu and /var/etc to PC for replication into the new image, please, won't you? And then when it all works. BACK UP your image to PC via the the same Service menu, then FTP from /tmp to PC...

If you have E1 Enigma on there, then for some strange reason, you can't do Backup/Flash through the menus like you can with Commando. DCC or Dreambox Edit will be your friend here, in this case. Also google for LraiZer's ViewVar tool, to extract this sort of stuff out of an existing backup.img 7.75MB file in Windoze

Cheers- AL ;)

phat1
25th June, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hi hope you can help I'm having trouble getting the image on my dm500s,After i flash erase,I click on flash browse to the image and just before it says uploading file to box it says Found no valid jffs2 in image, flash-erase not supported.fter about 8 minsit gives a error message ,Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

iGame
26th June, 2012, 09:52 AM
I flashed this, how do I install cccam now?

Renwich
26th June, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hi hope you can help I'm having trouble getting the image on my dm500s,After i flash erase,I click on flash browse to the image and just before it says uploading file to box it says Found no valid jffs2 in image, flash-erase not supported.fter about 8 minsit gives a error message ,Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

maybe a daft question but have you unzipped/unrared the downloaded file

SatSearching
26th June, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hi hope you can help I'm having trouble getting the image on my dm500s,After i flash erase

Maybe that is the problem, I just click on "Flash", I have never selected "Flash Erase"

PaphosAL
27th June, 2012, 10:14 AM
I flashed this, how do I install cccam now?

By reading the General Hints & Tips doc m8!!!

:dong:

phat1
27th June, 2012, 04:08 PM
maybe a daft question but have you unzipped/unrared the downloaded file
Hi thanks for the reply, ya its unzipped,i've been looking on other threads and see its a common problem,I used a erase image and got the box back talking to me,but could not load any image i wanted still getting the same error,just back for a concert in Dublin last night so going to go at it for a bit now

spudorange
27th June, 2012, 11:06 PM
I popped this on but the dm500 but it kept locking.

I appreciate it's still in beta stage and am only "playing" with a spare box so no worries.

It's the epg (or lack of it) with the 500's generally so anything that improves that
is a godsend.

Have set the box aside and will "re play" tomorrow to see if it was just a one off.

Keep up the good work guys, it is massively appreciated.

PaphosAL
28th June, 2012, 02:15 PM

I appreciate it's still in beta stage and am only "playing" with a spare box so no worries.

It's the epg (or lack of it) with the 500's generally so anything that improves that
is a godsend.

Have set the box aside and will "re play" tomorrow to see if it was just a one off.

It's NOT still in the beta stage at all, m8- the 14.6 general release last weekend is the full and finished release version. The only beta stuff at the moment are a few ideas and enhancements we're working on behind the scenes for a future 14.7 image...

You mention freezing on this box- all channels, including FTA? What tuner does the box have, Alps -S or a (crap) Philips tuner? BLUE > MENU > YELLOW > YELLOW > vol- left arrow will reveal the tuner type in the nim= item

Cheers- AL :)

LraiZer
28th June, 2012, 03:17 PM

is a godsend.

C14.6 has been tested as very stable under normal usage. the ONLY scenario that can be confirmed to lock up a box, is when users press the "ADD New Channel to GetEPG Autogen" button in GetEPG Utilities Menu multiple times in a single session. if you use this function only once or twice during a session when adding a new channels to the stream epg data file rdmap.dat then there shouldnt be any issues. But if you are testing this function by zapping to different channels and using this function to see what the EPG id is for each channel, then the required amount of memory and processing used for this function will overload your box resources and make your box freeze after about 3-5 attempts.

spudorange
28th June, 2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks

No not really doing that

happy to give it another try, have lots of time to "play" and happy to do so

thanks for feedback

C14.6 has been tested as very stable under normal usage. the ONLY scenario that can be confirmed to lock up a box, is when users press the "ADD New Channel to GetEPG Autogen" button in GetEPG Utilities Menu multiple times in a single session. if you use this function only once or twice during a session when adding a new channels to the stream epg data file rdmap.dat then there shouldnt be any issues. But if you are testing this function by zapping to different channels and using this function to see what the EPG id is for each channel, then the required amount of memory and processing used for this function will overload your box resources and make your box freeze after about 3-5 attempts.

spudorange
28th June, 2012, 04:41 PM
Sorry about that, the place I got it from said is was beta "Commando_14-6_dm500_Release"

Am using alp-s tuner it was happening on fta whilst trying to get midlands channels into bouquets, Have popped it back on and will continue to use it and advise if that's ok

It's NOT still in the beta stage at all, m8- the 14.6 general release last weekend is the full and finished release version. The only beta stuff at the moment are a few ideas and enhancements we're working on behind the scenes for a future 14.7 image...

You mention freezing on this box- all channels, including FTA? What tuner does the box have, Alps -S or a (crap) Philips tuner? BLUE > MENU > YELLOW > YELLOW > vol- left arrow will reveal the tuner type in the nim= item

SatSearching
28th June, 2012, 05:17 PM
Sorry about that, the place I got it from said is was beta "Commando_14-6_dm500_Release"

Download the one from this forum posted by AL as it will be a genuine one.

If you want to beta test, then best ask on the commando creators forum?

SS

spudorange
28th June, 2012, 05:49 PM
that's the one I am using, just checked

thanks

SS

TEL3PRASH
28th June, 2012, 06:57 PM
I have got DM 500-S form friend but not working only 6 or 7 chennel I can watch please help. I am in usa trying to watch chennels for anik f3 [118.0 W] setellite.

PaphosAL
28th June, 2012, 07:04 PM

SS

Nobody has to 'ask' to be a beta tester on the mother ship really, SS. When LraiZer first came up with his idea for SML and AutoBouquets roughly a month back, that's when we realized that a beta image was needed, as it required a major reshuffle of the root squashfs r/o partition in order to accommodate the very phat dvbsnoop binary that Laz needed in the image for his new stuff.

He thought that TC wouldn't contemplate such a drastic move, So Renny and I decided to shock him, by going down his road, making room in root for the added binary, by evicting many Plugins out to the r/w /var partition. This change also gave 14.6 users the option to remove what plugins they don't want, ie selected Games, TuxcCom, TuxTxt (but FCS don't remove the getepg Plugin, or you'll be cutting your nose off to spite your face, LOL! That plugin is in /var for a VERY good reason, believe us!)

Bottom line is- the beta 14.6 was a public release, had good feedback and suggestions from testers, and it all helped 14.6 release get off with what looks like a fairly benign start, TG! So belated thanks to everyone that contributed, and apologies for not mentioning your valued input in the 14.6 release notes, which were done 'on the fly' basically...

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
28th June, 2012, 07:30 PM
I have got DM 500-S form friend but not working only 6 or 7 chennel I can watch please help. I am in usa trying to watch chennels for anik f3 [118.0 W] setellite.

Satsearcing has ALL the sats covered in USA from East to West, driving along the old Route 66 , friend, and yours is no exception...

Only problem is, you seem to be trying to Scan on the wrong Sat to me?

Try this one:

AnikF3/D-TV7S/Echo 14 119.0W

which is 1?W of what you are looking for, but as that sat is 23,500 miles up there above Earth's Equator in geosyncronous orbit, that 1? variance might make all the difference?

HEY! Feedback required, please! Did our new TimeZone menu work for you, please? (Sorry it took you so many key presses, but you do feel you've been around the World in 80 seconds, don't you?)

phat1
2nd July, 2012, 12:39 PM
I flashed my box,had to use a old dream up from 2007 and i never pressed flash erase and the image went onto the box,Problem i have now is when i ftp cccam2.1.4 to var/bin it transfers no problem. when i press blue button /extra menu/ cccam is not there.I have 14.5 running on another dm500s i copied the cccam from this to my hard drive and ftp to the box running 14.6 and i still cant see the cam,Any idea on what is wrong?

phat1
2nd July, 2012, 01:54 PM
Ok i'm sorted now,Had a look around the image and found the info filein var/ etc/info and seen the CCcam2.1.4 goes into var/bin/emu and change the name of the cam to CCcam and it works fine

iGame
3rd July, 2012, 08:34 AM
Can somebody upload the info document here please

psats
3rd July, 2012, 12:43 PM
Can somebody upload the info document here please

as it says in the first post

=====================
A library of readme docs explaining all the below, and much more
but sadly, nobody ever reads them. We've made it as easy as possible, with all docs linux formatted for comfortable local viewing on your telly with Tuxbox Commander from the Blue button, so go on- have a browse, please, yes? The docs folder is the default right pane in TuxCom, just arrow Up or Down to hilite the doc, then press OK to view it. Or read via FTP in the /var/etc/info folder.
=====================

PaphosAL
3rd July, 2012, 02:25 PM
Here's the library of C14.6 docs anyway :)

adamalmogia
5th July, 2012, 07:14 PM
I cant connect to flash fxp!! when i go into the settings/network... no i.p address!! i fiddled around and it let me enter an i.p address so i made one up 192.168.100.100

i have put the login as Root and password as commando and it doesnt connect.... where am i going wrong guys :s

PaphosAL
5th July, 2012, 07:41 PM
I cant connect to flash fxp!! when i go into the settings/network... no i.p address!! i fiddled around and it let me enter an i.p address so i made one up 192.168.100.100

i have put the login as Root and password as commando and it doesnt connect.... where am i going wrong guys :s

Hallo, Adam. C14.6 is set to DHCP ON by default, so your LAN router should have picked it up straight away. The dopey sod has probably issued your dm500 with a different ip address to what your'e used to?

Just go into the Network settings again, and put DHCP back to ON. then RED to restart network. Then GREEN to test network settings. All looking good? Fine, now press the Info key to see active net settings, and make a note of what IP your router has dished out for dm500

Come out of that menu back to Settings, and hit RED to save. Now try that IP in FlashFXP (and Telnet). User = root and pass = Anything you like for FTP, so long as you have one character there. Telnet won't even ask you for a pass (as C14.6 already trusts you)

Cheers- AL ;)

adamalmogia
5th July, 2012, 08:03 PM
Al, I have put dhcp back to on and pressed red and saved,
When I press test network now it says dbox:is un reachable (host or protocol error)
And the same for default gateway etc etc
And the info (show active networt settings) it says network inactive :-( not good Lol

PaphosAL
6th July, 2012, 10:23 AM
Al, I have put dhcp back to on and pressed red and saved,
When I press test network now it says dbox:is un reachable (host or protocol error)
And the same for default gateway etc etc
And the info (show active networt settings) it says network inactive :-( not good Lol

I take it you have Start network at boot - ON ???

ok, let's try giving your dm500 a static IP then. Can you go into your router web i/f and report back on all IP adresses it is currently seeing, it's own IP, and the DNS IP it's using, please?

adamalmogia
6th July, 2012, 01:59 PM
yes i saved as on but if i turn the box off and then back on it goes back yo off and i am saving the settings!! its driving me mad i dont have a clue why it has decided not to work :( even the router cant find it on static!!

adamalmogia
6th July, 2012, 02:00 PM
i have used the same network able for my xbox and the router pucks it up so its not the router or the network cable

phat1
8th July, 2012, 12:25 PM
Can i put this image on a Itgate tgm 220 with a swapable tuner,which now has a sat tuner in it

SatSearching
8th July, 2012, 05:22 PM
Can i put this image on a Itgate tgm 220 with a swapable tuner,which now has a sat tuner in it

No. It is a DM500 image

SS

adamalmogia
8th July, 2012, 08:11 PM
any advice?? im still stuck with network issue!!!

spudorange
8th July, 2012, 10:37 PM
any advice?? im still stuck with network issue!!!

you to follow fully what al said to do on page 2
====================================
Hallo, Adam. C14.6 is set to DHCP ON by default, so your LAN router should have picked it up straight away. The dopey sod has probably issued your dm500 with a different ip address to what your'e used to?

Just go into the Network settings again, and put DHCP back to ON. then RED to restart network. Then GREEN to test network settings. All looking good? Fine, now press the Info key to see active net settings, and make a note of what IP your router has dished out for dm500

Come out of that menu back to Settings, and hit RED to save. Now try that IP in FlashFXP (and Telnet). User = root and pass = Anything you like for FTP, so long as you have one character there. Telnet won't even ask you for a pass (as C14.6 already trusts you)

Cheers- AL ;)

ali6608
11th July, 2012, 05:52 PM
hi guyz plz tell me how can i pay dreambox munthlay bill and some guyz tolled me u can pay by card number

PaphosAL
11th July, 2012, 06:41 PM
hi guyz plz tell me how can i pay dreambox munthlay bill and some guyz tolled me u can pay by card number

Exactly what has your question got to do with Commando 14.6 Release image, may I politely enquire?

Brilliant first post, btw... AL :confused:

spudorange
11th July, 2012, 09:35 PM
Have a friend whose box jumps to 4 - 3 on all the asian channels, not sure if it does it in other bouquets til I look at box tomorrow.

Is there a facility to put the osd settings to auto scan for the screen ratio to stop it jumping to 4 - 3 please.

prefer to do it on the phone than go round so would appreciate it if anyone can help.

thanks

edit:
In video by default I have
format = autodetect
background picture format = 16.9

I assume her's will be the same

NICETOBNICE
11th July, 2012, 09:52 PM
is it possible to install a simmiler ts panel in this image

smirnoff_rules
11th July, 2012, 09:57 PM
is it possible to install a simmiler ts panel in this image

this is one of the limited boxes around now ,, to get this image to this level is amazing m8, cant see how these lads can make it any better with the space thats left ,,

ali6608
12th July, 2012, 07:19 PM
can u plz tell me how can i m paying a bill of dreambox some guyz r call me and these guyz tolled me sir u can pay to me 20$ par month i will provide u 300 channels is that true

smoggie
12th July, 2012, 09:38 PM
can tel howz getz u many many chaneels forz dreambox from a guy Rupert. rang him ands card will b fastliy to u

spudorange
12th July, 2012, 09:39 PM
Why are you jumping on a thread discussing an image with a question that has nothing to do with it?

can u plz tell me how can i m paying a bill of dreambox some guyz r call me and these guyz tolled me sir u can pay to me 20$ par month i will provide u 300 channels is that true

smirnoff_rules
13th July, 2012, 04:34 PM
anyone get sky summer epg working ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LraiZer
13th July, 2012, 08:15 PM
anyone get sly summer epg working ?

GetEPG user config file: /var/tuxbox/config/rdmap.dat
find Sly Showcase in rdmap.dat and add Sly Summer as an alias channel name. press "Autogen a new GetEPG Channel Map" to generate a new /var/etc/channels.cfg file.

1|1814|018|3|Sly Showcase|Sly Christmas|Sly Summer|

smirnoff_rules
13th July, 2012, 08:58 PM
cheers m8 , just installed and works great ,, just had to change audio to english

voc1967
20th July, 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks this works very well and how do you turn the sound up and down on the remote ?

smirnoff_rules
20th July, 2012, 09:47 PM
the buttons next to the 0 m8 < 0 >

lingo74
21st July, 2012, 05:48 PM
This image is new to me, I installed it and liked it very much.

But it had some glitches.

I did not like the way it was setup to select things in the menu - you are able to increment but not decrement the value.
Pressing left arrow to escape menus, I rather press the exit button.
Maybe it's configurable?

Is there no way to search for a new satellite when using a motorised satellite dish?
I really loved the 'Manual Motor-Setup' options.
Many diffrent options, that's really great.
But it's of no value if you can't see the signal strength.
You should be able to choose which satellite and transponder, and see the signal strength while moving the dish.

/Lingo74

LraiZer
22nd July, 2012, 04:03 PM
This image is new to me, I installed it and liked it very much.

But it had some glitches.

I did not like the way it was setup to select things in the menu - you are able to increment but not decrement the value.
Pressing left arrow to escape menus, I rather press the exit button.
Maybe it's configurable?

Is there no way to search for a new satellite when using a motorised satellite dish?
I really loved the 'Manual Motor-Setup' options.
Many diffrent options, that's really great.
But it's of no value if you can't see the signal strength.
You should be able to choose which satellite and transponder, and see the signal strength while moving the dish.

/Lingo74

there is already the option to press the exit button to escape menus.

setup is more or less a one time operation, i dont think its too much of an issue that setting a value incrementaly will cause too much excessive wear on the right press remote button?

the current general method of setting up a system using the manual motor menu at present is to first convert an enigma1 multi-sat bouquet to neutrino using a bouquet editor on your PC and then zap to a strong signal channel on each sat and then step your motor via manual menu until the picture appears on screen behind the motor menu.

i only have a static dish pointing to 28.2E for freesat myself. but as im thinking about installing a motor in the near future, im sure some of your feedback will start to find its way into the next versions of Commando image ;)

voc1967
23rd July, 2012, 03:24 PM
the buttons next to the 0 m8 < 0 >

Thanks how do i unlock the Adult ?

smirnoff_rules
23rd July, 2012, 04:01 PM
@LraiZer

Adult bouquets are set to hidded and locked by default.

manualy show hidden/locked Adult bouquet:

Main Menu > Services > Bouquet Editor
scroll down to Adult bouquet
press menu button to toggle through the "rename/hide/lock" options for this bouquet
press blue button to change this bouquet to unhide and unlock selected options
press exit and save changes
Adult bouquet is now showing and unlocked

using Autobouquet to show Adult bouquet:

blue > blue > yellow > Auto Bouqets Wizard > Auto Bouquet Selection
scroll to Adult bouquet and set to show
exit and run "Create AutoBouquet NOW!"

PaphosAL
24th July, 2012, 09:22 AM
We 'Hide and Lock' the Adult and Pay per View bouquets by default as we don't want users sueing us for them going blind

Cheers- AL :afraid:

voc1967
24th July, 2012, 11:03 AM
We 'Hide and Lock' the Adult and Pay per View bouquets by default as we don't want users sueing us for them going blind

Cheers- AL :afraid:

Can i ask you i woke up this morning and tuened my DM 500 ON and the fta were fine but the rest would come on for a 4 secs and stop again . i restarted the cam and it did the same .

The funny thing is i went back to my old IMG and it works fine and i really dont know what would cause that when it was working fine for 3 days .

smirnoff_rules
24th July, 2012, 03:13 PM
wot cam u using ?

voc1967
24th July, 2012, 07:05 PM
wot cam u using ?

2.30 cam and i burned the img again and it seemd fine now .

darksky
26th July, 2012, 10:51 AM
Is there a way to get info such as which server you are connected to like cccam panel for plijade3?

PaphosAL
26th July, 2012, 11:12 AM
Is there a way to get info such as which server you are connected to like cccam panel for plijade3?

Yes. BLUE > MENU > RED > BLUE takes you to Cam status in the Softcam Menu

:)

NICETOBNICE
29th July, 2012, 02:59 PM
is there a way to add my own enigma 1 bouquets ?

cncc
1st August, 2012, 05:56 PM
openpli or this one ? :/

and why cccam 2.3 sucks?

cncc
1st August, 2012, 06:10 PM
sad that i got this message after flashing
Found no valid jffs2 in image, flash-erase not supported

PaphosAL
4th August, 2012, 10:34 AM
Try again with DreamUp, but just press Flash and NOT Flash-Erase please.

libcrypto file is for mgcamd and evocamd users only.

AL :)

voc1967
9th August, 2012, 02:50 PM
I have flashed about 5 DM500S with this img and its 1st class .

The only thing i cant seem to get to work is primetime as it does not seem to clear .

iggy
9th August, 2012, 06:14 PM
I flashed this image last night and it's great.
I can't get my bouguets working properly.
I tried to set my location with RTE channel as I'm in Ireland but I don't understand the 3-2-1 installation guide.
There is 4 channels to set location

PaphosAL
10th August, 2012, 01:09 PM
It's not 3-2-1 but 2-3-1 (as in channels 2, 3 and 1)

For ROI, you just hit OK on RTE TWO then OK on TV3 then OK on RTE One and your regional setup for Ireland is automatically written to the AutoBouquets stuff. Not only those three channels, but a couple of dozen others that are specific to Ireland as well:

ComedyCentral
ComedyCtrl+1
ComedyCtralX
Discovery
E! Entertainm
Nickelodeon
E4
E4+1
More4
MTV
ESPN
Sky1
Sky2
Sky News
Sky Living
Sky Living+1
Universal
Sky Atlantic
Sky Sports 1
Sky Sports 2
Sky Spts News
At The Races

deanlecky
22nd August, 2012, 08:42 PM
Wow simply amazing! I have been tinkering for weeks with my dreambox, learning its tricks and stuff, this image is the best yet, I love the built in guides! perfect for a newbie.

What ccam is recommened to use with this image?

Zerpico
24th August, 2012, 10:04 PM
First time here, just grabbed myself a spare DB500s from a friend and going by the comments this looks like the image to grab, so grab it I shall...
Used to dabble with the old Analogue boxes/cards/firmwares etc then gave it all up on the transition to digital, now I'm gonna dive in with both feet Commando style.
Wish me luck, and great works guys, I've found a new toy to play with...
Props.

smirnoff_rules
24th August, 2012, 10:14 PM
Wow simply amazing! I have been tinkering for weeks with my dreambox, learning its tricks and stuff, this image is the best yet, I love the built in guides! perfect for a newbie.

What ccam is recommened to use with this image?

2.2.1 Is ok but l used afew and there all ok , very stable image and by far the best around

NICETOBNICE
25th August, 2012, 09:20 AM
i've had this image for around a month now and for sure its the best enigma 1 image i have ever used the epg is well excellent the only thing i would like to be able to do is add my own bouqouts the easy way but apart from that its superb.

NICETOBNICE
25th August, 2012, 09:52 AM
is there a way i can watch my movies on my pc through my dm500 ?

PaphosAL
25th August, 2012, 12:53 PM
is there a way i can watch my movies on my pc through my dm500 ?

Here's a post by LraiZer originally posted on UkCvs which I recently copied to DWZ to help a couple of members struggling with Streaming to PC from DM500 (but got no thanks nor reply). Funnily enough, one of 'em was sminoff_rules, PMSL!

---------------------------------------------------------

streaming from DM500 using C14.6 to PC is easy, just install Mozilla firefox web browser and an older compatible version of VLC and then type your box ip address into firefox to acccess the box's yWeb interface. you will need to use an older version of vlc for streaming as newer versions of vlc are not fully compatible. install the old version of VLC 0.8.6x from oldapps (dont forget to tick mozilla plugin during install) download older 0.8.6x vlchttp://www.previewshots.com/images/v1.3/t.gif (http://www.oldapps.com/VLC_Player.php)

if you dont want to use firefox and just want to stream directly to vlc without using the yWeb interface, just enter your box ip into your default web brower and use the /control/build_live_url command

eg. http://192.168.2.19/control/build_live_urlhttp://www.previewshots.com/images/v1.3/t.gif (http://192.168.2.19/control/build_live_url)
this will produce a live url http://192.168.2.19:31339/0,0x0103,0x0921,0x0922http://www.previewshots.com/images/v1.3/t.gif (http://192.168.2.19:31339/0,0x0103,0x0921,0x0922)
just copy and paste the generated live url directly into the open http network stream option in your vlc player

---------------------------------------------------

HTH- AL ;)

diaboltp
25th August, 2012, 03:31 PM
Best Image. Working in a Dreambox 500s original and DM500 china copy without bugs. Thanks.

smirnoff_rules
25th August, 2012, 03:41 PM
Here's a post by LraiZer originally posted on UkCvs which I recently copied to DWZ to help a couple of members struggling with Streaming to PC from DM500 (but got no thanks nor reply). Funnily enough, one of 'em was sminoff_rules, PMSL!

streaming from DM500 using C14.6 to PC is easy, just install Mozilla firefox web browser and an older compatible version of VLC and then type your box ip address into firefox to acccess the box's yWeb interface. you will need to use an older version of vlc for streaming as newer versions of vlc are not fully compatible. install the old version of VLC 0.8.6x from oldapps (dont forget to tick mozilla plugin during install) download older 0.8.6x vlchttp://www.previewshots.com/images/v1.3/t.gif (http://www.oldapps.com/VLC_Player.php)

if you dont want to use firefox and just want to stream directly to vlc without using the yWeb interface, just enter your box ip into your default web brower and use the /control/build_live_url command

eg. http://192.168.2.19/control/build_live_urlhttp://www.previewshots.com/images/v1.3/t.gif (http://192.168.2.19/control/build_live_url)
this will produce a live url http://192.168.2.19:31339/0,0x0103,0x0921,0x0922http://www.previewshots.com/images/v1.3/t.gif (http://192.168.2.19:31339/0,0x0103,0x0921,0x0922)
just copy and paste the generated live url directly into the open http network stream option in your vlc player

HTH- AL ;)

lol .. l dont remember that m8 .. l never bother using a stream even when using pli ? dw's resent posts in cp isnt working so must of missed that reply

PaphosAL
25th August, 2012, 06:18 PM
lol .. l dont remember that m8 .. l never bother using a stream even when using pli ? dw's resent posts in cp isnt working so must of missed that reply

10 days ago, m8. Not to worry, you have the info here now if you need it. I've never used Streaming either, tbh...

PaphosAL
25th August, 2012, 06:22 PM
Best Image. Working in a Dreambox 500s original and DM500 china copy without bugs. Thanks.

Come next month, we'll be taking another step up another rung on the ladder with Commando 14.7

;)

smirnoff_rules
25th August, 2012, 06:27 PM
Come next month, we'll be taking another step up another rung on the ladder with Commando 14.7

;)

can this or will this is be available as an update ie from server or in from temp folder but without changing any settings ie upgrade or will have to be fresh install again ?

NICETOBNICE
26th August, 2012, 01:11 PM

HTH- AL ;)

I'm not sure that i explained my self correctly
I have a folder on my pc that has lots of films in it
and would love to set the dm500 up to watch the movies that are on the pc
is that possible ?

quinnylfc
28th August, 2012, 12:31 PM
just tryed the vlc it worked on my pc then crashed my box,how can i use androiddreamer for android tablet ive had this working on a older image on my dreambox but will not work on this

NICETOBNICE
28th August, 2012, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure that i explained my self correctly
I have a folder on my pc that has lots of films in it
and would love to set the dm500 up to watch the movies that are on the pc
is that possible ?
i'm sure i linked my old dbox2 to a folder on my pc a few years ago surely someone no's how to do it ?

smirnoff_rules
28th August, 2012, 01:38 PM
TRY THIS ..its for the older one but l would think its the same setup

just set my dm500s running commando to mount and record to my pc, so before i forget anything thought i would post here an maybe help someone else.

ON PC

Make Folder on C: drive root of PC (im using XP), mines is called "dreambox", on my dm500 that will be my DIRECTORY/SHARE
You need to share it, right click on folder, select Properties > Sharing tick the 2 box,s "share this folder on the network" & "allow network users to change my files
Do this with any other folder you create within, you will see a hand created bellow folder to let you know its shared.
I rebooted my pc's (not sure if its a must but did it anyways).

NAS DRIVE

Create a share on Nas Drive mines is also called "dreambox".
Set Username & Password (this is the Username & Password which goes on dm500

ON DREAMBOX

SERVER IP - input the ip of your PC or NAS here
DIRECTORY/SHARE - the shared folder on the PC or NAS (has to be identical name)
USERNAME - same as PC or NAS share
PASSWORD - same as PC or NAS share
MAC ADDRESS - of PC or NAS (can be found using cmd > ipconfig/all on pc or nas in config menu)

The other settings, setup like iv done below, but in the MOUNT OPTIONS you need to change ro,soft,udp
to rw,soft,udp changing the "o" to "w" if left you wont be able to write to the share.
MOUNT ON STARTUP iv left as no as i manually start mount myself.

If any problems mounting, reboot the box or check firewall settings as i had the box ticked "dont allow exceptions" in windows firewall, had to untick and it mounted on next attempt.

These are the basic settings iv used.

PC 1

TYPE - CIFS
SERVER IP - 192.168.1.15 (same on pc)
DIRECTORY/SHARE - dreambox (same on pc)
LOCAL DIRECTORY - /mnt/cf
MOUNT ON STARTUP - no
MOUNT OPTIONS - rw,soft,udp
MOUNT OPTIONS - nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192
USERNAME - ****** (same as pc)
PASSWORD - ****** (same as pc, leave blank if no password on pc)
MAC ADDRESS - 00:00:00:00:00:00 (same as pc)

PC 2

TYPE - CIFS
SERVER IP - 192.168.1.10 (same on pc)
MOUNT ON STARTUP - no

NAS DRIVE

TYPE - CIFS
SERVER IP - 192.168.1.5
DIRECTORY/SHARE - dreambox
MOUNT ON STARTUP - no
USERNAME - ****** (same as Nas)
PASSWORD - ****** (same as Nas)
MAC ADDRESS - 00:00:00:00:00:00 (same as Nas)

Forget to mention the recording settings, mine was "direct file" as default im sure, but then again i tried changing a few things while experimenting with setting up mount.
I'v setup another 2 laptops since using the info i posted an got them mounted within a few minutes, looks more complicated than it is

@LraiZer on C14.2 when i mounted my nas it showed me the disc space left on my drive.
using C14.3 it says SERVER DOWN even when mounted to my 2 laptops but i can still record an playback, is it something iv changed or need to change

NICETOBNICE
28th August, 2012, 08:53 PM
TRY THIS ..its for the older one but l would think its the same setup

just set my dm500s running commando to mount and record to my pc, so before i forget anything thought i would post here an maybe help someone else.

ON PC

Make Folder on C: drive root of PC (im using XP), mines is called "dreambox", on my dm500 that will be my DIRECTORY/SHARE
You need to share it, right click on folder, select Properties > Sharing tick the 2 box,s "share this folder on the network" & "allow network users to change my files
Do this with any other folder you create within, you will see a hand created bellow folder to let you know its shared.
I rebooted my pc's (not sure if its a must but did it anyways).

NAS DRIVE

Create a share on Nas Drive mines is also called "dreambox".
Set Username & Password (this is the Username & Password which goes on dm500

ON DREAMBOX

SERVER IP - input the ip of your PC or NAS here
DIRECTORY/SHARE - the shared folder on the PC or NAS (has to be identical name)
USERNAME - same as PC or NAS share
PASSWORD - same as PC or NAS share
MAC ADDRESS - of PC or NAS (can be found using cmd > ipconfig/all on pc or nas in config menu)

The other settings, setup like iv done below, but in the MOUNT OPTIONS you need to change ro,soft,udp
to rw,soft,udp changing the "o" to "w" if left you wont be able to write to the share.
MOUNT ON STARTUP iv left as no as i manually start mount myself.

If any problems mounting, reboot the box or check firewall settings as i had the box ticked "dont allow exceptions" in windows firewall, had to untick and it mounted on next attempt.

These are the basic settings iv used.

PC 1

TYPE - CIFS
SERVER IP - 192.168.1.15 (same on pc)
MOUNT ON STARTUP - no

PC 2

TYPE - CIFS
SERVER IP - 192.168.1.10 (same on pc)
MOUNT ON STARTUP - no

NAS DRIVE

TYPE - CIFS
SERVER IP - 192.168.1.5
DIRECTORY/SHARE - dreambox
MOUNT ON STARTUP - no
USERNAME - ****** (same as Nas)
PASSWORD - ****** (same as Nas)
MAC ADDRESS - 00:00:00:00:00:00 (same as Nas)

Forget to mention the recording settings, mine was "direct file" as default im sure, but then again i tried changing a few things while experimenting with setting up mount.
I'v setup another 2 laptops since using the info i posted an got them mounted within a few minutes, looks more complicated than it is

@LraiZer on C14.2 when i mounted my nas it showed me the disc space left on my drive.
using C14.3 it says SERVER DOWN even when mounted to my 2 laptops but i can still record an playback, is it something iv changed or need to change
thanks mate for your help unfortunatly my dm500 is stuck on please wait connecting to streamserver

i have followed you instructions but cant seem to get it to work if i do i will let you no

deanlecky
31st August, 2012, 06:49 PM
Ok so my next question is.
I have a fixed dish for 28.2e and fixed dish for thor 0.8w, my old setup was using an A/B diseqc switch type.

How can i get this setup on this image?

SatSearching
8th September, 2012, 05:54 PM
Ok so my next question is.
I have a fixed dish for 28.2e and fixed dish for thor 0.8w, my old setup was using an A/B diseqc switch type.

How can i get this setup on this image?

Let me know if you are still having problems doing this, I managed to setup 28 and 19 quite easy with a diseqc switch, just select diseqc and switch on 28 and 0.8.

SS

jetli
13th September, 2012, 09:07 PM
I also have problem with network.
When i boot the DB the start network on boot is off.
When i check the network setting i get: network inactive.

I tried to change the setting to on to start network on boot.
And saved the settings.
But when i reboot it go back to off.
When i look at the motherboard on the DB i can see network activity.

I take it you have Start network at boot - ON ???

ok, let's try giving your dm500 a static IP then. Can you go into your router web i/f and report back on all IP adresses it is currently seeing, it's own IP, and the DNS IP it's using, please?

psats
13th September, 2012, 10:30 PM
I also have problem with network.
When i boot the DB the start network on boot is off.
When i check the network setting i get: network inactive.

I tried to change the setting to on to start network on boot.
And saved the settings.
But when i reboot it go back to off.
When i look at the motherboard on the DB i can see network activity.

it could be a bad flash . try another fresh install.

jetli
13th September, 2012, 10:47 PM
thanks for the feedback. But how can i reinstall when i cant connect to the DB thru network.

psats
14th September, 2012, 09:17 AM
thanks for the feedback. But how can i reinstall when i cant connect to the DB thru network.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

jetli
14th September, 2012, 09:38 AM
I see :)
That's another problem.
I try to connect the DB dm500 to dreamup.
It detect the device but seems like dreamup doesn't upload the flash loader.
I'm stuck at box type: DM500

I have try to connect another DB dm 800HD and it works fine.
So its not problem with the cable or the PC

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/guide-flashing-dreambox-dreamup-42950/

psats
14th September, 2012, 02:06 PM
I see :)
That's another problem.
I try to connect the DB dm500 to dreamup.
It detect the device but seems like dreamup doesn't upload the flash loader.
I'm stuck at box type: DM500

I have try to connect another DB dm 800HD and it works fine.
So its not problem with the cable or the PC

its normaly the version of dreamup use {1.3.3.2} there are loads of posts covering this problem in the main 500 section.

ENIGMA1 Chat (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/)

jetli
18th September, 2012, 02:02 PM
HI
I've used several versions of dreamup but still got the problem

its normaly the version of dreamup use {1.3.3.2} there are loads of posts covering this problem in the main 500 section.

ENIGMA1 Chat (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f213/)

ollie2012uk
22nd September, 2012, 05:44 PM
Am I doing something wrong?? I want to get 13e but it won't come off 28.2e!!

fgdjhsadfgds
24th September, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi can be flashed with dreamup or will I require flashwizard

dexyweescot
27th September, 2012, 12:16 PM
awsome feature auto bouquets, thats brill. i noticed the volume buttons are the wrong way round still but easy fixed. is there anyway of putting a password on the service menu as well? i cant seem to select it...keep up the great work..;)

paulhag
27th September, 2012, 06:57 PM
HI
I've used several versions of dreamup but still got the problem

The same here mate, I have flashed hundreds of boxes over the years via dreamup, flash wizard, telnet etc. tried to flash this image on two different boxes using different images and methods now both boxes dead, dreamup fails only option is to jtag.
Yes people will say should have used dreanup from start, but never had to with other images, annoying it is!

ravindave
28th September, 2012, 12:16 PM
Lost true movies & History & Nat Geo.... anyone same problem? also Auto bouquets putting chans in bouquet called "other" anyone out have this problem also and is there a fix?:vollkommenauf:

PaphosAL
28th September, 2012, 12:26 PM
awsome feature auto bouquets, thats brill. i noticed the volume buttons are the wrong way round still but easy fixed. is there anyway of putting a password on the service menu as well? i cant seem to select it...keep up the great work..;)

In Settings > Personalization we had to disable the feature that allows a user to have PIN code access only to the Service menu. Similarly, you cannot choose to hide the Restart EPG nor the Reload Plugins items, as these are disabled too.

The reason? Quite simple! You like the AutoBouquets feature, yes? Well, PIN access to the Service Menu and/or hiding the Reload EPG item will stop AutoBouquets from working.

For the same reason, we should really have disabled Service Scan from being hidden, but this was somehow overlooked. But it's taken care of in C14.7 for sure.

Reload Plugins is disabled from being hidden because if it was hidden, then switching from GetEPG to RT-EPG mode (or vice-versa) wouldn't work properly.

Okay, so we're control freaks. It's just that we don't want users to inadvertently change things that would have a serious adverse impact on image functionalty.

Cheers- AL ;)

dexyweescot
30th September, 2012, 12:20 AM
hey Al thanks for the explanation...i can live with that. minor glitches for an awesome image. cant wait for 14.7 ;)

tmontana
30th September, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hey Al, great image and really appreciate all the effort you guys put into it. I have a quick query for you:

I'm trying to put SGNT flipflops bouquets onto my dm500 running commando 14.6, the reason I want his bouquets is because he has a FTA bouquet and that's what i want for my setup. Ideally i would like the "getEPG" feature to work with the flipflop bouquets

Here's what i have done so far:

1) edit FlipFlops bouquets according to my own taste with dreamboxedit and saved

2) loaded the saved SGTFlipFlop bouquets into dreamset software (services file) and saved as 'Neutrino (services.xml)' the also saved the bouquets.xml file

3) transfered the new dreamset services.xml and bouquets.xml to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/

4) rebooted the 500s

5) Then i run the "load getEPG right now" via the commando menu

The dm500s now has the flip flop bouquets

You stated on another forum with regards to this process

"I'm sure LraiZer mentioned somewhere along the line that once you've FTP'd the new neutrino formatted flipflop services and bouquets over, you then need to carry out a Scan with bouquets - update set in the scan menu. Only then will flipflop be 100% compatible with GetEPG"

Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean that after i ftp the neutrino files onto the dm500 i must do a service scan with the 'bouquets - update' set?

Also now that i have flipflop bouquets on my dm500 do i have to disable the auto bouquets? If so how do i do this?

Would appreciate any more info you could provide regarding getting flipflop bouquets 100% compatible with commando 14.6 and the awesome "getEPG" feature

Cheers Al

nabz khan
30th September, 2012, 03:38 PM
i just joined this and it wont let me download the file can some help me y i can thanks and also were can i gt the file dreamup from to flash my dm500v8

nabz khan
30th September, 2012, 03:40 PM
i just joined this and it wont let me download the file can some help me wh y i cant thanks and also were can i gt the file dreamup from to flash my dm500v8

nabz khan
1st October, 2012, 02:02 AM
will this commando 14.6 image work on my dm500v8 i think is a clone will it work if i flash it on the box with dreamUP ???

PaphosAL
1st October, 2012, 09:51 AM
Can you elaborate on this? Do you mean that after i ftp the neutrino files onto the dm500 i must do a service scan with the 'bouquets - update' set?

Also now that i have flipflop bouquets on my dm500 do i have to disable the auto bouquets? If so how do i do this?

Cheers Al

Yes- Service scan with bouquet mode update selected.

When you say disable AutoBouquets, I take it you mean how to stop this feature being run by accident? That's eazy peazy.

Telnet in and type this command:

touch /var/tuxbox/plugins/03-autobouquets.cfg

Then go Main Menu > Service > Reload Plugins and voil? - the Autobouquets NOW plugin has vanished from the blue button menu, as if by magic!

Next, FTP in and edit the menu_autobouquet.conf file in the /var/tuxbox/config folder, by changing this line near the bottom:

ACTION=Create AutoBouquets NOW!,autoscan_start

to instead read:

ACTION=Create AutoBouquets NOW!,

That item will still show in the AutoBouquets menu itself, but nothing will happen if it is pressed.

PaphosAL
1st October, 2012, 09:53 AM
will this commando 14.6 image work on my dm500v8 i think is a clone will it work if i flash it on the box with dreamUP ???

Commando for DM500S was developed on clone boxes, so of course it will work on your box!

atrium100
2nd October, 2012, 03:44 PM
cccam play ok?

tmontana
3rd October, 2012, 12:16 PM
that worked beautifully Al, thank you so much, this really is an amazing image

last question I Promise: :)

I'm setting up 2 timers for every morning, 1 to reboot the dreambox and 1 to load the "getEPG"

Which order should I put them in?

Should i do the reboot before i get the EPG or vise versa?

Cheers and thanks again Al

Edit: hey Al, just noticed that when I set timers and reboot the dreambox, the timers are gone, and i made sure to press red to save the timers before i rebooted

Any idea why the timers are not being saved?

PaphosAL
4th October, 2012, 12:10 PM
that worked beautifully Al, thank you so much, this really is an amazing image

last question I Promise: :)

I'm setting up 2 timers for every morning, 1 to reboot the dreambox and 1 to load the "getEPG"

Which order should I put them in?

Should i do the reboot before i get the EPG or vise versa?

Cheers and thanks again Al

Edit: hey Al, just noticed that when I set timers and reboot the dreambox, the timers are gone, and i made sure to press red to save the timers before i rebooted

Any idea why the timers are not being saved?

In reverse order- if your new Timers are not being saved despite using the red button to Save them, it can only mean one of two things:

1) The image is corrupt and needs reflashing with your last backup, or
2) You're not rebooting via the menus, but simply pulling the power?

As for your daily Timer reboot, you don't really need a second Timer to run GetEPG. Set it to load at startup with BLUE > BLUE > BLUE > GREEN

GetEPG will load 60 secs after the reboot. Simples!

christrans
6th October, 2012, 09:46 PM
Hi.
I can't find the hotbird.
I'm setting up the time zone but i can't find my satelite.
Please help.

PaphosAL
7th October, 2012, 09:11 AM
There is no satellite named 'Hotbird' in the satellites.xml file. What position degrees E or W is the sat you are looking for?

christrans
7th October, 2012, 09:21 AM
There is no satellite named 'Hotbird' in the satellites.xml file. What position degrees E or W is the sat you are looking for?

Eutelsat Hot Bird 13B/13C at 13.0?E

PaphosAL
7th October, 2012, 09:28 AM
In our Commando 14.6 image, the sat you are looking for is:

Eutelsat 13.0E

AL ;)

christrans
7th October, 2012, 03:03 PM
I change the satelite, hit the save button but menu change to defult satelite.
Any idea?

PaphosAL
7th October, 2012, 05:11 PM
I change the satelite, hit the save button but menu change to defult satelite.
Any idea?

Try this- DO NOT save- just select that 13.0?E sat and then press SCAN

Yia mas! AL :beer:

PaphosAL
8th October, 2012, 06:34 PM
Cheers... AL

But did this method work for you? All C14.6 feedback is appreciated, as it helps others throughout Europe (and US / Canada / Australia) on different satellites.

Yia mas! AL :)

tmontana
9th October, 2012, 11:59 AM
Hey Al,

just to let you know where I am at:

I ran a service scan with bouquets - update set as you suggested (to make getEPG compatible with flipflop bouquets) and doing that deletes SGNT Flipflops bouquets and the scan only finds around 42 channels spread across 4 bouquets, they are mostly sky interactive channels and BBC Interactive channels.

Before i done the service scan with bouquets - update I had EPG for about half of the channels in the flipflop bouquet

Any ideas mate?

Cheers

PaphosAL
11th October, 2012, 09:02 AM
Hey Al,

just to let you know where I am at:

I ran a service scan with bouquets - update set as you suggested (to make getEPG compatible with flipflop bouquets) and doing that deletes SGNT Flipflops bouquets and the scan only finds around 42 channels spread across 4 bouquets, they are mostly sky interactive channels and BBC Interactive channels.

Before i done the service scan with bouquets - update I had EPG for about half of the channels in the flipflop bouquet

Any ideas mate?

Cheers

On the face of it, you had "scan for services" set to "only data" - but that's not possible, as that Scan option doesn't exist in Neutrino.

Did you resolve your previous problem of the auto-Timers not saving? We suspected your image might have gone corrupt and required reflashing. Your current issue with Scan adds weight to this opinion, unless LraiZer has any other suggestions?

Cheers- AL :confused:

ezferret
13th October, 2012, 12:22 PM
I tried v14.6 but found that the epg on 14.5 updated better without gaps and was less trouble to set up
I finally got the regional setting for BBC/ITV using bouquet editor and was well pleased with the result
so great work guys!!!! Best Image by far
Now Ive just noticed something strange
a channel (Crime Investigation and maybe some others) wont clear - but crime +1 does
I cant get it even though I did a complete scan with fast scan turned off and it shows up in the epg
I did a manual scan at the right settings - frequency 11603, 27500, fec 2/3 V) but although it should clear I get nothing on screen
If I reflash with my gemini image I get all channels as normal (The box has an alps tuner)

I put 14.6 back on and it does get the crime channel but as I said the 14.5 is better with epg. On the 14.6 it misses a lot of channels. Ive tried both the getepg stream and radio times remapping and utilities but it wont update

mightymag
13th October, 2012, 12:33 PM
its a cracking image..
is there a tutorial for installing cccam 2.1.4 or other. ive looked but cant find any info?

might just be me being stupid!

smirnoff_rules
13th October, 2012, 01:11 PM
heres a birmingham backup https://rapidshare.com/files/2188319230/C14_6-dm500.rar

with timers set to reload epg at night and put the box into sleep , so no need to turn off at night

mightymag
13th October, 2012, 01:15 PM
heres a birmingham backup https://rapidshare.com/files/2188319230/C14_6-dm500.rar

with timers set to reload epg at night and put the box into sleep , so no need to turn off at night

outstanding mate.. much appreciated

teds
14th October, 2012, 02:46 PM
heres a quick tutorial i done
on the commando.

tmontana
16th October, 2012, 11:43 AM
On the face of it, you had "scan for services" set to "only data" - but that's not possible, as that Scan option doesn't exist in Neutrino.

Did you resolve your previous problem of the auto-Timers not saving? We suspected your image might have gone corrupt and required reflashing. Your current issue with Scan adds weight to this opinion, unless LraiZer has any other suggestions?

Hi Al,

Just an update: i performed a full reflash of commando 14.6 onto my dm500

I then placed flipflop bouquets back onto the box and disabled auto bouquets using the method you outlined earlier.

The timers seem to be saving ok now since the reflash but when i perform a service scan with bouquet - update set here's what happens:

when i press "ok" on the remote control, where normally a list of all channels and bouquets can be browsed, i only have 4 bouquets showing here with all of the interactive channels. buts whats strange is that when i go into bouquet editor, all the flipflop bouquets are still there, they are just not visible when i press "ok" on the remote, nor are the channels.

To be able to view all of the flipflop channels again by pressing "ok" on the remote, I have to perform another service scan with bouquets - leave current set, this then brings the flipflop bouquets back

I still cant get full EPG with getEPG though using flipflop bouquets tho,

From the flipflop bouquets on commando using getEPG i have 100% EPG on the following bouquets:

Lifestyle and Culture
Movies
News
Documentaries

The rest of the bouquets have either partial or no EPG

That's where I'm at

dagan01
20th October, 2012, 11:25 AM
cracking image, very stable. Thanks for the support.

PaphosAL
20th October, 2012, 01:29 PM
@ tmontana:

It looks like you'll need to carry out some edits in your /var/tuxbox/config/rdmap.dat user customization file, m8. The first channel name in each line is the normal 28.2 stream name used in standard 28.2E services and bouquets.

The second channel name (where found) is the alternative 'alias' name used by SGT FlipFlop in his services and bouquets. These would have been from LraiZer as at the 23rd C14.6 release, so many might have changed again?

Note the | vertical bar after each channel name. Just work your way down the list, using the current names in your SFF bouquets.xml file. These must be syntax-perfect in terms of spaces and UPPER/lower case!!!

When you're happy that everything is tickety-boo, run rdmapautogen to build a new /var/etc/channels.cfg mapfile in a minute or so. Don't expect 100% results first time around, though. Check /var/log/rdepg.unmapped for a list of channels that you have either missed, or mis-spelt. Attend to these in rdmap.dat and then run autogen again.

When the logfile list is empty, then GetEPG should be rock solid. If you let us have your final rdmap.dat file, we'll include it in C14.7 credited to you, if you fancy that.

bertybassett
21st October, 2012, 03:40 PM
Thank you for creating this image. I am guessing/worked out that I need dreambox edit to load this on a virgin dreambox purchased form a famous auction site? Is that correct?

Alos thank for creating this images. Sorry for the newbie question but I am new to thins and just learning the ropes.

bertybassett
21st October, 2012, 03:49 PM
don't worry about my question I have found the commando tutorial.txt tut above and this seem to be the answer.

Just released I don't have a null modem cable so I am going to try the telenet method I pinched from Youtube.

cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp image.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

Unless someone says otherwise.

PaphosAL
22nd October, 2012, 01:11 PM

IMPORTANT!

You MUST ensure that the C14.6 image you FTP to the /tmp folder EXACTLY matches the filename used in the telnet command string, image.img in this instance. And that it really is the full 7.55MB sized image file, and not a renamed RAR file.

Otherwise, you'll end up in tears, with an empty flash chip, for which DreamUP (via null-modem) will be your ONLY saviour...

:beheaded:

deanlecky
23rd October, 2012, 04:39 PM
Hi again,

Ive been trying to set up my friends dm500 with 14.6

Seems to be a problem after i set my location to Northern ireland regional channels, when i try to autobouquet it only scans a few transponders and finds about 127 channels, something clearly not right there. Its gives me an error message at the end of the scanning just before remote control activates again.

Ive reflashing it again and hit the same problem.

What else should i try?

psats
23rd October, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hi again,

Ive been trying to set up my friends dm500 with 14.6

Seems to be a problem after i set my location to Northern ireland regional channels, when i try to autobouquet it only scans a few transponders and finds about 127 channels, something clearly not right there. Its gives me an error message at the end of the scanning just before remote control activates again.

Ive reflashing it again and hit the same problem.

What else should i try?

try doing a normal scan before you set location.
if you still only get 127 chnls you have a fault somewhere.

nur86
29th October, 2012, 08:55 PM
thanx a lot

wmccull
3rd November, 2012, 03:21 PM
i like this image , pretty straight forward , I would like to see a little improvement on gui tho but for FREE I shouldnt complain

psats
3rd November, 2012, 04:23 PM
i like this image , pretty straight forward , I would like to see a little improvement on gui tho but for FREE I shouldnt complain

saying what you would want adding might help the devs.

mvisnja69
4th November, 2012, 02:39 AM
Thanks for 14.6. I'm very curious about this image. Will try it right now. Feedback a bit later.

mvisnja69
4th November, 2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks for 14.6. I'm very curious about this image. Will try it right now. Feedback a bit later.

All right. It is up and running with CCcam.
I really love functions of left/right at remote.
Info, then again info to make font bigger is brilliant also.
Web interface is great. Well, someone could give thumbs down because it is mixed German/English, but it does not bother me really. Nothing that can not be fixed.

Do I miss something obvious, but I can't find a way to setup subtitles. :giveup:
Also how to setup preferred languages list?

Thanks for great image.

NICETOBNICE
6th November, 2012, 12:50 PM
hi guys anyone no what the defualt username and password is for this image ?

psats
6th November, 2012, 02:14 PM
hi guys anyone no what the defualt username and password is for this image ?
if you are haveing probs useing
root
dreambox

you have a bad flash

rigsby71
6th November, 2012, 02:51 PM
I found this image pretty good for a very old DM500 box.

Just used the Dream up program.

NICETOBNICE
6th November, 2012, 03:07 PM
if you are haveing probs useing
root
dreambox

you have a bad flash

thanks mate hat to flash it in the end
wish there was an image this good for the enigma 2
would save hours when updating bouquets

lfc84
6th November, 2012, 04:25 PM
im considering migrating to this image. primarily due to the auto bouquets.

is it worth me hanging on for 14.7 ?

barrowmanandrew
6th November, 2012, 04:42 PM
im considering migrating to this image. primarily due to the auto bouquets.

is it worth me hanging on for 14.7 ?

Nope, no point in hanging around.
The image has an image upgrade feature which makes flashing painless and easy. ..
Best image by far. ...

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

lfc84
6th November, 2012, 11:33 PM
I managed to get the tv channels arranged the same as 4ky by using the remote...LOL

ollie2012uk
7th November, 2012, 06:49 PM
Hi guys, how do I set the plugin timer to update the EPG every night? - can you also enable the volume control for the dreambox rather than the right and left buttons scanning channels?

lfc84
7th November, 2012, 09:57 PM
i dont seem to have the radio channels, just tv. i must be doing something wrong!....

psats
8th November, 2012, 01:15 PM
i dont seem to have the radio channels, just tv. i must be doing something wrong!....

to select radio press menu

lfc84
8th November, 2012, 01:20 PM
to select radio press menu

the problem is sorted now. i was selecting radio mode but there were no channels. as i say, its sorted now.

but, it leads me to another question. should the radio channels be sorted by the bouquet or not? iirc mine are in alphabetical order.

tv is in the "satellite" order but not radio

BoroDracula
13th November, 2012, 01:59 AM
Is this image spot on for the clone version of the dreambox 500s

PaphosAL
13th November, 2012, 01:20 PM
Is this image spot on for the clone version of the dreambox 500s

Since it was developed on clone DM500S boxes, I'd say the answer to your question would be a resounding YES!!!

AL :)

BoroDracula
13th November, 2012, 11:25 PM
brilliant

Getting my dm500s clone tomorrow. Loading this as a new image via the serial cable as this seems to be the only sound way to put a new flash on without issues or bricking the box

aerialview
15th November, 2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you very much

ALANM1
15th November, 2012, 08:15 PM
10 days ago, m8. Not to worry, you have the info here now if you need it. I've never used Streaming either, tbh...

great help:bike:

barrowmanandrew
15th November, 2012, 08:26 PM
brilliant

Getting my dm500s clone tomorrow. Loading this as a new image via the serial cable as this seems to be the only sound way to put a new flash on without issues or bricking the box

once you flash the commando image, there's an upgrade feature which is great for flashing newer images

stefanb
15th November, 2012, 10:02 PM
Does the image support clines ?

smoggie
15th November, 2012, 11:24 PM
Does the image support clines ?

yes it does

stefanb
17th November, 2012, 01:40 AM
By reading the General Hints & Tips doc m8!!!

:dong:

The GHT's do not sate few crucial pieces of info that I have trouble finding.
I downloaded CCcam from CCcam free CCcam, download CCcam, CCcam free download, CCcam Emulator Free download (http://www.dreamboxtool.com/CCcam) (only place I found the CCcam package for download) where there are quite few of them. I had seen the name Nemesis flash by in the box so I got that one Download CCcam v2.3.0 Config for Nemesis E2, CCcam v2.3.0 Config for Nemesis E2 Download (http://www.dreamboxtool.com/CCcam/CCcam-v2-3-0-Config-for-Nemesis-E2.html).

File list for that one is:
CCcam.armeb
CCcam.armeb.eabi
CCcam.cfg
CCcam.ppc
CCcam.x86
CCcam.x86_old_glibc_2.1.3
Changelog

The only one clearly state were to go is CCcam.cfg, and not an mention of hoe to cet the cam to start with the box.

I have DM500s clone with Commando 14.6 image.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me on out in tis mess.

SatSearching
17th November, 2012, 05:48 PM
Read all of this thread, or look at post #21

Use the ppc version but change the name.

Don't use v2.3.0, lots of warnings posted about that version.

SS

The GHT's do not sate few crucial pieces of info that I have trouble finding.
I downloaded CCcam from CCcam free CCcam, download CCcam, CCcam free download, CCcam Emulator Free download (http://www.dreamboxtool.com/CCcam) (only place I found the CCcam package for download) where there are quite few of them. I had seen the name Nemesis flash by in the box so I got that one Download CCcam v2.3.0 Config for Nemesis E2, CCcam v2.3.0 Config for Nemesis E2 Download (http://www.dreamboxtool.com/CCcam/CCcam-v2-3-0-Config-for-Nemesis-E2.html).

File list for that one is:
CCcam.armeb
CCcam.armeb.eabi
CCcam.cfg
CCcam.ppc
CCcam.x86
CCcam.x86_old_glibc_2.1.3
Changelog

The only one clearly state were to go is CCcam.cfg, and not an mention of hoe to cet the cam to start with the box.

I have DM500s clone with Commando 14.6 image.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me on out in tis mess.

tmmalik
18th November, 2012, 01:37 PM
hi
i had previous image of tdw and i was trying to update with commando 14-6.

since i dont hve null modem cable,so i tried with ftp & telnet

i rename my image file as per tutorial and run command

after that my box green light is on and no response at all

i canot do ftp and telnet any more.any urgent help as i dont hve null cable etc

i have backup of previous image (i took using flashwizard)

psats
18th November, 2012, 02:22 PM
hi
i had previous image of tdw and i was trying to update with commando 14-6.

since i dont hve null modem cable,so i tried with ftp & telnet

i rename my image file as per tutorial and run command

after that my box green light is on and no response at all

i canot do ftp and telnet any more.any urgent help as i dont hve null cable etc

i have backup of previous image (i took using flashwizard)

you will have to use dreamup a null modem cable is needed they are only cheap.

tmmalik
18th November, 2012, 02:29 PM
my laptop has no Rs232 interface,i bought many 232-usb adapters but no one worked.

so no solution without null modem cable?

cant restore a bkup even????

psats
18th November, 2012, 07:26 PM
my laptop has no Rs232 interface,i bought many 232-usb adapters but no one worked.

so no solution without null modem cable?

cant restore a bkup even????

i only use a 232 usb never had a problem its usualy the end user not correctly setting them up plus not useing the correct version of dreamup.

you must know someone with pc that has serial card.?

SatSearching
20th November, 2012, 01:14 AM
Does your laptop have an express card slot on it? Most modern ones do.

If so, you can get an rs232 module for that.

SS

stixpunk
21st November, 2012, 02:26 AM
i migrate to commando from openpli. first look is amazing but i can't find one important item. on openpli i have menu downloaded from net with list of plugins which i can install. is there anything similar? if not, where i can get plugins and emu and how to install it?

edit: sorry for question, i found answers here

edit2:
new question :D i have backup of old pli. is there any way to transfer bouqets to commando or it use diferent format?

bungee007
21st November, 2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if the commando images' location feature works in asia/pacific too?

hejhej123
21st November, 2012, 02:16 PM
Woooow, AMAZING!

PaphosAL
21st November, 2012, 03:33 PM
Earlier today, BskyB kindly went and busted LraiZer's GetEPG. How? By changing the special stream epg service "EPG Background Audio." from service_type="02" (radio) to service_type="82" (data)

The problem will become apparent after a run of AutoBouquets

I've come up with a quick and easy fix for this hassle. Just unrar the attached init file and pop it into /var/etc

NOTE: If you are already using a /var/etc/init custom file, then edit your file by appending my new lines to the end of it. This file does NOT need chmod treatment.

After running AutoBouquets, please reboot your box! (This will be automatic in our next release). If you are running AutoBouquets on a scheduled auto Timer, please add a Reboot timer for 20 minutes later.

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
21st November, 2012, 06:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if the commando images' location feature works in asia/pacific too?

NO! Set my Location is for UK users only on 28.2E

However, you are able to set your TimeZone in MENU > Settings > OSD

You'll probably need a new /var/etc/satellites.xml generated for whichever Sat you're pointing to as well. satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator (http://satellites-xml.eu)

Enjoy! :)

rupert murdoch
23rd November, 2012, 02:58 AM
Is there a way to keep the audio onto eng? Everytime I switch the box off I have to use the green button otherwise its silence or the blind narrator. Its only a minor annoyance but if it can be avoided I'd like to know how.

shaik69
23rd November, 2012, 03:08 AM
hi is this has mgcad

NICETOBNICE
24th November, 2012, 10:33 AM
I have 3 dm500 running commando'
it wasnt till the other day i tried to grab the epg from one of the boxes and it went funny it kept switching from lraizor screen to normal tv all the rest are ok thing i done a auto bouquets on this box could that be the problem ?

PaphosAL
24th November, 2012, 10:47 AM
I have 3 dm500 running commando'
it wasnt till the other day i tried to grab the epg from one of the boxes and it went funny it kept switching from lraizor screen to normal tv all the rest are ok thing i done a auto bouquets on this box could that be the problem ?

See a few posts back in this thread, where I issued a fix for this BskyB-induced problem.

NICETOBNICE
24th November, 2012, 01:42 PM
See a few posts back in this thread, where I issued a fix for this BskyB-induced problem.

All sorted al flashed a new image added the file and started epg alls well so far

smirnoff_rules
24th November, 2012, 01:55 PM
heres my bimmingham backup image with the update and timers set , u can change area easy https://rapidshare.com/files/725382564/C14_6-dm500-backup.rar

NICETOBNICE
25th November, 2012, 09:30 AM
heres my bimmingham backup image with the update and timers set , u can change area easy https://rapidshare.com/files/725382564/C14_6-dm500-backup.rar

Thanks smirnoff But reckon now its my box because its happening once more .
The screen breaks up from epg to the viwing channels and the earth view keeps flickering on not sure what this problem means

psats
25th November, 2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks smirnoff But reckon now its my box because its happening once more .
The screen breaks up from epg to the viwing channels and the earth view keeps flickering on not sure what this problem means

have you done a auto bouquet scan as think that breaks the epg as posted above just put new init file back in

NICETOBNICE
25th November, 2012, 01:03 PM

thanks mate i uploaded your file to my box and its working again
does that mean i'm unable to use autobouquets ?

smirnoff_rules
25th November, 2012, 01:07 PM

if u want to change to your area , the timers are set to do autobouquets at night and load epg while your sleeping but u can do it now if u want

voc1967
26th November, 2012, 04:10 PM
Can someone tell me why primetime wont clear with this IMG ?

Every other channel works fine only primetime . and my server does prime as i tryed my line in a Sky box f3 and prime time works .

PaphosAL
26th November, 2012, 07:54 PM
Can someone tell me why primetime wont clear with this IMG ?

Every other channel works fine only primetime . and my server does prime as i tryed my line in a Sky box f3 and prime time works .

If you look at your latest services.xml file, I think you'll find that rupert has changed the Primetime service_type from 01 (TV) to 04 (data) - which is PPV.

No doubt some clever sod will think of a fix for this? But currently, the new (alleged) Sid for it- d6e5 doesn't yet appear in services, it's still on the original 1013 Sid...

PaphosAL
26th November, 2012, 08:01 PM

The whole purpose of the fix IS to get AutoBouquets AND GetEPG working again, by properly zapping to "EPG Background Audio" radio (type 02) service and NOT the type 82 data service they changed it to, m8.

All works fine for me here, even got the muzak back during the screenshow, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

PaphosAL
27th November, 2012, 05:25 PM
The whole purpose of the fix IS to get AutoBouquets AND GetEPG working again, by properly zapping to "EPG Background Audio" radio (type 02) service and NOT the type 82 data service they changed it to, m8.

All works fine for me here, even got the muzak back during the screenshow, LOL!

Cheers- AL ;)

Oops, I got a bit ahead of myself there, being currently in C14.7 final stages mode, LOL! The GetEPG Radio channel has NO effect on AutoBouquets in C14.6 whatsoever.

In C14.7 however, we are switching to it in Autobouquets early stages (with the muzak and screenshow) for about 40 to 50 seconds, as ongoing testing has shown that this adds to the robustness of pulling the bskyb Test 14 Interactive bouquet down from 28.2E

Carry on using AutoBouquets to your heart's content, m8

p88nas
28th November, 2012, 03:41 PM
Hi PaphosAL. I have been reading up all ur tutorials and want to say thanks to all ur answers, and ur dedication. Overnight I have gone from knowing nothing to knowing a little bit. My issue is as mrs likes to watch Indian films under the international bouquet and i cant stand the stuff. She thinks I have deliberately set it up not to show any EPG for that bouquet as all the other ones work fine. Any help would be appreciated by yourself or the team. Even if u cant I still want to say Thankyou to all the senior members for their dedication and sterling efforts.

voc1967
28th November, 2012, 04:35 PM
If you look at your latest services.xml file, I think you'll find that rupert has changed the Primetime service_type from 01 (TV) to 04 (data) - which is PPV.

No doubt some clever sod will think of a fix for this? But currently, the new (alleged) Sid for it- d6e5 doesn't yet appear in services, it's still on the original 1013 Sid...

Thanks but how does it work fine in my Skybox F3 then ?

PaphosAL
29th November, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hi PaphosAL. I have been reading up all ur tutorials and want to say thanks to all ur answers, and ur dedication. Overnight I have gone from knowing nothing to knowing a little bit. My issue is as mrs likes to watch Indian films under the international bouquet and i cant stand the stuff. She thinks I have deliberately set it up not to show any EPG for that bouquet as all the other ones work fine. Any help would be appreciated by yourself or the team. Even if u cant I still want to say Thankyou to all the senior members for their dedication and sterling efforts.

That's eazypeazy, and is covered in the bottom half of the EPG Customization doc. You just need to edit your GetEPG user-customization file /var/tuxbox/config/rdmap.dat

Before:

#International

0|5703|000|0|B4U Movies|
0|5708|000|0|B4U Music|
0|2601|000|0|Sony TV Asia|Sony TV SET Asia|
So, by default, it's all OFF. After:

#International

1|5703|018|1|B4U Movies|
1|5708|018|1|B4U Music|
1|2601|018|1|Sony TV Asia|Sony TV SET Asia|
and so on. First you're switching epg ON, then you're giving 18 hours Long Descriptions, then 1 day of EPG.

Then run AutoBouquets (which will also autogenerate a new GetEPG mapfile for you, using your new rdmap.dat for some of it's input), or run GetEPG Autogen on it's own, from the GetEPG Utilities menu. Finally, Load GetEPG NOW! under the blue button, when an ad break starts.

Keep an eye on memory payload though, don't go mad. 5 to 6MB is optimal.

PaphosAL
29th November, 2012, 02:01 PM
Thanks but how does it work fine in my Skybox F3 then ?

Does a Skybox F3 run Linux Neutrino then? :confused:

voc1967
30th November, 2012, 10:19 PM
Does a Skybox F3 run Linux Neutrino then? :confused:

Dont know much about it but primetime works on SKYbox F3 .

But i could never get it to clear on Commando 14.6 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-6-dm500-release-277813-post1784540/#post1784540) .

essextoffee
2nd December, 2012, 03:33 PM
help!!i need to change from astra 28.2 to eutelsat 13.e i have the dish in correct possition but very new to all this so simple instructions would be apreciated please.

p88nas
3rd December, 2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks worked a treat.this is also relevant to any other bouquet that you want or don't want.Thanks popsy for the detailed explanation

essextoffee
4th December, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hi,I am using a dm500 clone running commando 14.6.I can get all channels on astra 28.2e but can only get free to air channels on eutelsat 13.0e.I am using ccam.Can anybody help me please?

iain66
7th December, 2012, 04:37 PM
Im trying to install this image and have it on my box but when I go to set my location I cant seem to see how to change the channels to my area...any ideas what im doing wrong please

iain66
7th December, 2012, 05:09 PM
Sorted sorry......maybe I should pay a bit more attention lol

iain66
7th December, 2012, 10:24 PM
does anyone have a mgcamd ppc that works as cant get mgcamd to work for me..

grizzlygaz
8th December, 2012, 05:04 PM
doesnt work for me, select bouquet 'get now', goes through a 5 minute sequence then always says 'autobouquet not generated, check your settings'. but what settings to check ?

psats
8th December, 2012, 07:24 PM
doesnt work for me, select bouquet 'get now', goes through a 5 minute sequence then always says 'autobouquet not generated, check your settings'. but what settings to check ?

do a normal scan they go and select your location.

amm009uk
13th December, 2012, 04:20 AM
I have 2 DM500's. 1 OWM and the other a clone. The clone seems more reliable with less freezing. Just about to flash this on my OEM in the hope to improve things. Bit of dummy on this topic so I'll be back with some questions:-(

gooleys12
16th December, 2012, 03:19 PM
Hi thanks for the release like it. However need help have put in mgcam, can see on softcam set to on, however after inputting the newcamd.list file it doesn't let me view was working on old image. Have checked the network working, have added the attachment that was in the zip file in the correct place. Unknown why its not working have not changed anything else. Please help. Thanks.:confused:

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

spudorange
16th December, 2012, 10:45 PM
I love the image but I seem to struggle a bit.

If I flash a box then run getepg, a picture of the satellite shows, plus music and after 2 & 1/2 minutes or so get a fully populated list.

This is however showing london, so I select my area etc and 15 minutes later it puts correct area and works fine EXCEPT...

Now when I select getepg it still has the picture I am watching together with normal satellite picture and pixellates heavily, after about 10 seconds it stops but does not get the epg.

any ideas why please

smirnoff_rules
16th December, 2012, 11:36 PM
read post 162 there has been a change

spudorange
17th December, 2012, 02:09 AM
Will do thanks

I kinda got round it by reflashing box and scanning and then importing into bouquet editor and saved.

Then reflashed the box and sent files across, it now gets the epg ok

read post 162 there has been a change

spudorange
17th December, 2012, 02:11 AM
Thanks pap

wondered what was happening

Earlier today, BskyB kindly went and busted LraiZer's GetEPG. How? By changing the special stream epg service "EPG Background Audio." from service_type="02" (radio) to service_type="82" (data)

I've come up with a quick and easy fix for this hassle. Just unrar the attached init file and pop it into /var/etc

NOTE: If you are already using a /var/etc/init custom file, then edit your file by appending my new lines to the end of it. This file does NOT need chmod treatment.

After running AutoBouquets, please reboot your box! (This will be automatic in our next release). If you are running AutoBouquets on a scheduled auto Timer, please add a Reboot timer for 20 minutes later.

Cheers- AL ;)

bountyhunter21
23rd December, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hello... Help Please...
I have a DM 500s (CLONE)
Is this image Clone Safe?
Non Time Bomb Or something?
Cause i dont see any instructions, Do i Install it with FlashWizardPRO? As i usual do?
Please someone...
Be nice and Help...

teds
23rd December, 2012, 12:33 PM
yes the commando is clone safe.
flash commando image to box using dreamup with a null cable
should take about 12-15mins,when done disconnect and connect
box to tv/router,turn tv and box on you should have free to air.
using dreambox control centre (dcc)you need to ftp 2 files to the box.
These files are CCcam.cfg and CCcam.pcc you can download these
by googleing CCcam.pcc,unpack it there are a few files
in there but you only need these two.
put the 2 files CCcam.cfg and CCcam.pcc on your desktop.
run dcc getting your user/password right and
your ip address,when you have solid green line
press ftp.you should have 2 panels with files in
1 on the left 1 on the right.the 1 on the right
isr pc,click user in the one on the right
and find desktop, in desktop you will see the 2
files you downloaded.now in the panel
on the left double click var/etc then in panel on right
click CCcam.cfg and click the arrow
in the middle of the panels the 1 pointing left and you will
see it load up.click green arrow top of panel
on left twice.then double click var/bin/emu,in
panel on right click CCcam.pcc and then click arrow
in middle pointing left,you will see file loading up.
when loaded right click and rename file to CCcam
this is important for it to work,dont forget
first 2 letters are capitals.
just put your line in CCcam.cfg and your away.
dont forget to turn CCcam on
by pressing blue,commando extras menu
softcam menu and turn CCcam on.job done.enjoy.

you can download commando off first page on this thread.
hope this helps.
TEDS.

spudorange
27th December, 2012, 02:26 AM
Ok I know I can flash the box and recopy init over to var etc but need to understand what happened.

A friend is missing some asian channels and as I don't remember what to me are obscure names and a bit late to phone so
I thought I would just swap their box after rescanning here.

I have this one set for rtepg and it works fine (well it did)

I set my location but when finished I pressed the rt getepg it immediately showed 0.0.0 etc
loading complete 0 minutes 0 seconds

Using lraizer one does the glitching error from my post a week ago.

No amount of reboots or re copying over init helps.

I will reflash the box to take over tomorrow and await a reply but to recap.

Box works fine for a week after copying init file.

Load set my location & reboot (problem is back)
ftp init into var/etc (problem same)
delete init and re copy (problem same) (also tried a reboot)

Which means that if I get someone to do a set_my_location it will corrupt and will need a box swap (I assume)

Appreciate knowing why it is happening please

thanks

psats
27th December, 2012, 07:55 PM
save your new scanned files to pc then reload on your fresh install
??? why not use getepg from stream.

sidvic
28th December, 2012, 01:02 PM
My Pc does not seem to have com ports ! so will not even open Dreamup...
I don't understand why it is recommending flashing using null cable rather then Flashwizard through a router, i am just about to attempt it anything i need to know ) >?

smirnoff_rules
28th December, 2012, 01:05 PM
wot image have u on the box now ?

spudorange
29th December, 2012, 01:10 PM
I already do that but the point I made is really about the following.

a get a call saying missing channels so I tell them to rescan and after they do it I am told the bouquets are messed up.

I tell them to run autobouquets, which they do.

NOW EPG is shagged meaning EVERY box has to come back, reflashed etc and taken back !!!BALLACHE!!! big style especially as some are VERY far away and can only be posted.

Have reflashed the 14.6 on this one and everything is fine (but only after reflash as mentioned, no other way of fixing it that I can see)

save your new scanned files to pc then reload on your fresh install
??? why not use getepg from stream.

spudorange
29th December, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hi mate if this message was for me then I am using 14.6

ta

wot image have u on the box now ?

pjmorie
29th December, 2012, 02:35 PM
Just wondering can someone point me in the direction of an update for the Picons for a DM500S?
I've tried the update pack on this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f216/sgtflipflop-28-2-east-picons-updated-maintained-pheonix-team-vix-306733/ but these icons are in a .png format and don't seem to show up.

psats
29th December, 2012, 06:40 PM
Just wondering can someone point me in the direction of an update for the Picons for a DM500S?
I've tried the update pack on this link http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f216/sgtflipflop-28-2-east-picons-updated-maintained-pheonix-team-vix-306733/ but these icons are in a .png format and don't seem to show up.

any updated picons for 14.6 will be found on the u k c v s n e t support site

pjmorie
29th December, 2012, 09:26 PM
any updated picons for 14.6 will be found on the u k c v s n e t support site

I tried searching there but can't find anything other than an update that was released for V14.4 in 2011, it's not a big, hopefully when V14.7 is released there will also be an updated picon file.

psats
29th December, 2012, 10:20 PM
I tried searching there but can't find anything other than an update that was released for V14.4 in 2011, it's not a big, hopefully when V14.7 is released there will also be an updated picon file.

look in the neutrino section

encode77
3rd January, 2013, 12:58 AM
thanks for your hard work,i am a complete noob with this but going to give it a go.

master11
3rd January, 2013, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all the hard work here..its working a treat!

jw2000uk
3rd January, 2013, 03:14 PM
Is there any way of installing E1 plugins on this?

Trying to install Satfind.. And C**am Info..

Mainly after a way of showing the ECM?

Unless im blind and have missed it lol ;-/

grizzlygaz
5th January, 2013, 01:32 PM
How can you add a transponder to include in a scan ? I cannot see any way to add one. The problem is that Primetime is not showing up, probably because the transponder is not in the transponder list but its eluding me as to how to add it.

athenrybhoy
5th January, 2013, 01:38 PM
hi guys getting lots of freezing with c.14.6 - ccam 2.2.1 ,was using pli jade before this and was pretty good will have to go back if i cant sort this any ideas? thanks

pjmorie
5th January, 2013, 09:15 PM
Is there any way of installing E1 plugins on this?

Trying to install Satfind.. And C**am Info..

Mainly after a way of showing the ECM?

Unless im blind and have missed it lol ;-/

To see the ECM time (if that's what your talking about) press the BLUE button, then select Commando Exra Menu, then Softcam Menu followed by Camd Status

iain66
5th January, 2013, 09:34 PM
How do I get to see locked and hidden bouquets please

pjmorie
5th January, 2013, 09:45 PM

Press the following button sequence:
BLUE -> BLUE -> YELLOW -> 2 -> RED

or go through the following menu sequence:
Blue Button -> EPG & Autobouquets Wizard -> Set My Location & Autobouquets -> Autobouquets Wizard -> Autobouquets Selection

This should bring up a list of the bouquets where you can chnage their status.

gulcan
5th January, 2013, 11:45 PM
Thanksss. Perfect work.
My question How to Hotbird 13 unlock channals?

psats
6th January, 2013, 12:00 AM

as above or use the box bouqet editor

menu / services / bouqet editor

spudorange
10th January, 2013, 02:17 AM
looking for a reply to my thread regarding box being shagged once a new "setmylocation" or "rescan"

detailed in thread 199 + further info 203

To recap:

flashed, init copied location & get epg and is fine BUT:

After a while a rescan or setlocation is needed, OOPS, now epg is a no no, so only way back is complete reflash:

I ask anyone (with the time and patience) to try the above, (setmylocation for instance) and your epg scan will take 1 second max, as in NO epg and you will, I am certain have to reflash and start over.

I am an "it ain't broke" person but when channels are lost, tp's are moved etc, I do get lumbered with sorting it, so.....

Come on anyone that knows why, Just need to understand it.

thanks

bob114
10th January, 2013, 08:11 AM
looking for a reply to my thread regarding box being shagged once a new "setmylocation" or "rescan"

detailed in thread 199 + further info 203

To recap:

flashed, init copied location & get epg and is fine BUT:

After a while a rescan or setlocation is needed, OOPS, now epg is a no no, so only way back is complete reflash:

I ask anyone (with the time and patience) to try the above, (setmylocation for instance) and your epg scan will take 1 second max, as in NO epg and you will, I am certain have to reflash and start over.

I am an "it ain't broke" person but when channels are lost, tp's are moved etc, I do get lumbered with sorting it, so.....

Come on anyone that knows why, Just need to understand it.

thanks

hi

you must reboot the reciver before downloading epg
a reboot is needed after auto bouquets update etc each time for epg to work again (you can load epg as meny times as you like after reboot just make sure to reboot again after rescan etc)

hope this may help

spudorange
10th January, 2013, 07:52 PM
Hope it does

as I do have time on my hands I will try it

thanks for the input

hi

a reboot is needed after auto bouquets update etc each time for epg to work again (you can load epg as meny times as you like after reboot just make sure to reboot again after rescan etc)

hope this may help

spudorange
16th January, 2013, 12:10 AM
Just done a rescan and epg is shagged again so I have had no choice but to reflash.

No amount of switching box off and on worked, neither did re sending the "init" file.

No big issue if a box is here, BUT this means EVERY box has to come back here for a reflash

This has happened around 8 times now so I know there is an issue that needs resolving.

hi

hope this may help

psats
16th January, 2013, 12:09 PM
Just done a rescan and epg is shagged again so I have had no choice but to reflash.

No amount of switching box off and on worked, neither did re sending the "init" file.

No big issue if a box is here, BUT this means EVERY box has to come back here for a reflash

This has happened around 8 times now so I know there is an issue that needs resolving.

if you look at the home site you will see that itv has now cocked stuff up
aswell as the bbc for the epg.
the working epg is still 1000% better than any other image out there.

spudorange
16th January, 2013, 02:35 PM
if you look at the home site you will see that itv has now cocked stuff up
aswell as the bbc for the epg.
the working epg is still 1000% better than any other image out there.

That might be so if it was working, if you read my post it explains this:

after a setmylocation (which runs auto bouquets) and a reboot I get the following

rtgetepg, takes a whole second to get absolutely zero epg

getepg shows a glitching screen of satellite and the lraizer credits, when finished NO EPG

So there is an issue

5 boxes, 8 tries, the problem appears to be firmware related after BslyB screwed things up.

a workaround is as follows "BUT ON A NEW FLASH ONLY", not after re doing the setmylocation a week after for instance.

see below:
============================================

"Originally Posted by PaphosAL http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-6-dm500-release-277813-post1774794/#post1774794) Earlier today, BskyB kindly went and busted LraiZer's GetEPG. How? By changing the special stream epg service "EPG Background Audio." from service_type="02" (radio) to service_type="82" (data)

The problem will become apparent after a run of AutoBouquets"

psats
16th January, 2013, 03:51 PM
That might be so if it was working, if you read my post it explains this:

after a setmylocation (which runs auto bouquets) and a reboot I get the following

rtgetepg, takes a whole second to get absolutely zero epg

getepg shows a glitching screen of satellite and the lraizer credits, when finished NO EPG

So there is an issue

5 boxes, 8 tries, the problem appears to be firmware related after BslyB screwed things up.

a workaround is as follows "BUT ON A NEW FLASH ONLY", not after re doing the setmylocation a week after for instance.

see below:

"Originally Posted by PaphosAL http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f214/commando-14-6-dm500-release-277813-post1774794/#post1774794) Earlier today, BskyB kindly went and busted LraiZer's GetEPG. How? By changing the special stream epg service "EPG Background Audio." from service_type="02" (radio) to service_type="82" (data)

The problem will become apparent after a run of AutoBouquets"

if you install the init after you have done the set location and dont set daily run of set location or auto bouqets the epg wrks fine you only need run a standard scan IF channels have moved.

spudorange
16th January, 2013, 08:10 PM
Sadly I can not agree and I ask you to do this please, Flash a box, set your location, reboot, copy init across and all will be fine.

Now imagine you have a customer who you supplied a box 2 months ago wants the channels correct, (sky xmas for example) so pretend to be them and now RE DO the set my location on your box,
as if I was phoning them and getting them to do it, then run get epg and post up your results.

I believe you will have the same as me "a shagged epg" causing you to reflash.
================================================== ====
This is what has just happened to me.

I flashed the box and ran setmylocation, rebooted and ftp'd the init file across, rt-getepg fine EXCEPT whoops it's showing london itv.

I then Re run sml and this time my area is correct except now rt-getepg does a 0 channels in 0 seconds found. So back to same old problem.

So I am back to reflashing.

The only thing I do is a once a day is use the get epg plugin so there is an image issue now bslyb have messed around.

The point I have made several times is this can not be done remotely when there are new or missing channels, only by the box being returned to me for reflashing.

It is a superb image so I want to be able to continue using but some customers are a very long way away and should be able to do it themselves without sending box back special delivery.

I look forward to your rescan and post mate please

thanks

if you install the init after you have done the set location and dont set daily run of set location or auto bouqets the epg wrks fine you only need run a standard scan IF channels have moved.

psats
16th January, 2013, 08:18 PM
personly if i was you i would lock hide the blue section so they can only do a scan
and let them have the moved or new channels in the others list.

bob114
16th January, 2013, 09:23 PM
hi

just tried this on dm500

1 blue button
2 EPG and Autobouquets Wizard
3 Set my location and Autobouquets
aftersetting my location
4 autobouquets wizard / greate autobouquets now

after autobouquets has finished

reboot blue button get epg now

all ok

as I turn dm500 off after use next time I reboot just use get epg now

every few weeks I reload autobouquets (don't use set my location)

blue button / then down menu to autobouquets now then when finished
reboot then get epg now

when I first had the problem with epg (thought the image had gone currupt)
I reflashed the commando image using dream up, firstly used flash erased
several times before flashing the commando image to dm500
after flashing ftp init file to var/ect reboot then try loading bouquets

hope this may help

spudorange
17th January, 2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks

left a box overnight to do "sml" and all was fine so I thought, so I did the rest of the setting up, cccam.ppc init etc etc

That was until 6pm and the sodding thing had done the same as it had 2 days ago on another box,
it set my area itv to london despite my careful (and checked) setting of my area.

Having done this a few times I know it's not a typo by me, for some reason it is ignoring my own itv
location now, yet had not done that before.

Having flashed a heck of a lot of these 500's with 14.5 previous and lately 14.6, I do know my way
around them so I am looking forward to 14.7 which I guess would have ironed out these epg problems.

hi

just tried this on dm500

1 blue button
2 EPG and Autobouquets Wizard
3 Set my location and Autobouquets
aftersetting my location
4 autobouquets wizard / greate autobouquets now

after autobouquets has finished

reboot blue button get epg now

all ok

as I turn dm500 off after use next time I reboot just use get epg now

every few weeks I reload autobouquets (don't use set my location)

blue button / then down menu to autobouquets now then when finished
reboot then get epg now

when I first had the problem with epg (thought the image had gone currupt)
I reflashed the commando image using dream up, firstly used flash erased
several times before flashing the commando image to dm500
after flashing ftp init file to var/ect reboot then try loading bouquets

hope this may help

psats
17th January, 2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks

left a box overnight to do "sml" and all was fine so I thought, so I did the rest of the setting up, cccam.ppc init etc etc

That was until 6pm and the sodding thing had done the same as it had 2 days ago on another box,
it set my area itv to london despite my careful (and checked) setting of my area.

Having done this a few times I know it's not a typo by me, for some reason it is ignoring my own itv
location now, yet had not done that before.

Having flashed a heck of a lot of these 500's with 14.5 previous and lately 14.6, I do know my way
around them so I am looking forward to 14.7 which I guess would have ironed out these epg problems.

the set location for itv is fubard you need move it from main list or wait for a fix

spudorange
18th January, 2013, 12:56 AM
Aha

now that makes sense.

tried moving it from "other" but it only seems to give me the option of moving it within that bouquet, not to "entertainment". as I would like
any ideas please

the set location for itv is fubard you need move it from main list or wait for a fix

bob114
18th January, 2013, 09:54 AM
hi

just looked after doing autobouquets yesterday the itv's do not now show any area all just show as itv in entertainment and others

to move from others to entertainment

menu button/services/bouquets editor
open entertainment bouquet press the add button (green button I think)
scoll down to channel wanted press ok then exit
the channel should be in the bouquet last in the list
highlite the channel yellow button and move to correct place in list
press ok
the old channel highlite red button delete
exit and save

bob114
18th January, 2013, 01:18 PM
hi
this is not my work just from posts I have read on epg issue ,but may help

example
The box is set to reboot at 4am

autobouquets at 04:10

and getepg at 04:30

With the fix in place, I can suggest a better auto-Timer routine for you, m8. But first, set GetEPG so it loads at boot.

Then:AutoBouquets @ 04:10
and Reboot @ 04:30

The reboot will act on the new init instructions and tweak the radio channel back to type 02 in services.xml and the subsequent load of GetEPG will work properly again.

all credits to PaphosAL

jaynino
19th January, 2013, 05:56 PM
I've found that the init solution on commando 14.6 only works immediately after a reboot.
If I try an update epg for a second time it fails with the glitching problem.
I don't think this happened on 14.5 however it doesn't bother me as my boxes only ever do epg updates after a reboot at 4am.
The one thing I am having trouble with is mgcamd version 1.35 appearing to hang on 14.6 (disconnecting from server)and not recovering without a reboot.
I've read about a couple of people having either total freezes or picture freezes.
Might try a re-flash to see if that fixes it.
Totally amazing image though, the closest to being set it up and forget about it that you could get.
Any word on what 14.7 might bring?
Cheers,
jaynino

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

spudorange
19th January, 2013, 08:38 PM
thanks for that

appreciated

hi

just looked after doing autobouquets yesterday the itv's do not now show any area all just show as itv in entertainment and others

to move from others to entertainment

menu button/services/bouquets editor
open entertainment bouquet press the add button (green button I think)
scoll down to channel wanted press ok then exit
the channel should be in the bouquet last in the list
highlite the channel yellow button and move to correct place in list
press ok
the old channel highlite red button delete
exit and save

spudorange
19th January, 2013, 08:39 PM
thanks mate

hi
this is not my work just from posts I have read on epg issue ,but may help

example
The box is set to reboot at 4am

autobouquets at 04:10

and getepg at 04:30

With the fix in place, I can suggest a better auto-Timer routine for you, m8. But first, set GetEPG so it loads at boot.

Then:AutoBouquets @ 04:10
and Reboot @ 04:30

The reboot will act on the new init instructions and tweak the radio channel back to type 02 in services.xml and the subsequent load of GetEPG will work properly again.

all credits to PaphosAL

ShadyCRS
24th January, 2013, 04:05 AM
Trying this image too to see if my old dm500s with work at all with it's tuner.

Paul180
24th January, 2013, 10:50 PM
Does this image have a built in cccam or do I need to FTP one?

teds
25th January, 2013, 10:57 AM
yes paul180 you have to ftp cccam
have a read of this.
TEDS.

jpanglia
25th January, 2013, 08:48 PM
Looking forward to testing this one out

Cheers

Paul180
25th January, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks, I think I'm getting the hang of it, but I have one more question. Are all CCcams the same or does each image need a specific CCcam. I know this is only for education purposes and believe me I'm getting well educated.

jaynino
25th January, 2013, 10:18 PM
Ok so scrap my original complaint with mgcamd hanging.
Looks like a routing issue on my local network came about to coincide with my update to 14.6.
All working the way it should, very pleased with the update indeed.
Cheers
jaynino

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jackoffski
2nd February, 2013, 05:08 PM
I've added a cccam to the folders as described in the help files, but the softcam menu isn't finding it. Its coming up as a list of blank options but nothing happens when you click them. I've triple checked the folders and names I've put in but they never come up in the softcam menu. Or maybe they auto-install? I'm completely stumped...:giveup:

PaphosAL
2nd February, 2013, 06:51 PM
Oh Jeez...

Hit the BLUE button and then 1 for Tuxbox Commander

Using your remote control, navigate to the /var/bin/emu folder

Tell us EXACTLY what you see in there, please. You 'should' see:

CCcam

or something completely different, syntax-wise? Or nothing at all ??

spudorange
8th February, 2013, 02:30 AM
I am back to the epg problem again. As in, takes a second then says 0 found, 0 seconds.

I tried once again tonight and flashed the box,
Ran setmylocation and afterwards rebooted.

copied init to var/etc and rebooted (just in case)

No joy get_rt epg is as above 0 seconds etc.

Checked "init" file and this is what is on it:

#PaphosAL - C14.6 GetEPG Fix - 21 November 2012 - ukcvs.org
src='Audio." service_type="82"'
dst='Audio." service_type="02"'
sed -i "s/$src/$dst/g" /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml

Did the same with 2 boxes ten days ago no problems, but for the last week I have been unable to get it to read epg despite numerous re flashes.

There are currently no timers set, just me manually trying the blue button/option 4 for rt epg

This is doing my head in, anyone know if sly have moved the goalposts again?

As it seems really hit and miss and I have no idea what if anything I am doing different

cheers

PaphosAL
8th February, 2013, 09:51 AM
That fix was for GetEPG from the stream. You appear to be using online RT-EPG which works totally differently.

Please attach a rar of these files for us to check what's broken:

/var/bin/autoscan_stop
var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.dat
var/tuxbox/config/rtmap.xml

And this is the C14.6 thread- have you not upgraded to 14.7 yet?

spudorange
8th February, 2013, 10:38 AM
Edit:

No joy

will post up over the weekend to try and resolve
===================================

thanks

will update to 14.7 first

Have been looking around weekly for an update, must have missed it

will advise once done

thanks again

That fix was for GetEPG from the stream. You appear to be using online RT-EPG which works totally differently.

/var/bin/autoscan_stop

spudorange
10th February, 2013, 01:03 PM
same thing happens with 14.7 when set to getepg

here is the file requested thanks, one is from an older working (but missing local itv) 14.6 (both the getepg & rtepg work fine on the 14.6 one)

14.7 one takes a second using either getepg or radio times one

appreciate your efforts thanks

/var/bin/autoscan_stop

danielshah5
11th February, 2013, 07:38 PM
Hi there whats the best image?

PaphosAL
11th February, 2013, 09:04 PM
same thing happens with 14.7 when set to getepg

here is the file requested thanks, one is from an older working (but missing local itv) 14.6 (both the getepg & rtepg work fine on the 14.6 one)

14.7 one takes a second using either getepg or radio times one

appreciate your efforts thanks

Spud, you must ask yourself a couple of seroius questions, m8...

1) WHY are your filenames totally DIFFERENT to the ones I requested?

and

2) WHY are they ALL in DOS/Windows format, when they SHOULD be in UNIX /ANSI format?

Please read the help files, and use a proper text editor to customize our original linux formatted scripts, thus saving yourself shedloads of frustration and grief, yeah?

Cheers- AL ;)