PDA

View Full Version : question on gers situation

colin mckenzie
24th June, 2012, 05:19 PM
if moved into the first division (i think you will escape the third) with all your first team players other than big elbows likely to leave, are you confident of promition? if so why?
(serious question)

johnboy1974
24th June, 2012, 10:49 PM
Colin nothing is certain depends on what players they keep hold off, I just hope gattuso comes back as he would be good player to have around the youngsters.

AgentD
25th June, 2012, 05:17 PM
I think gattuso has already joined fc sion

scottymo76
27th June, 2012, 05:15 PM
Colin have u considered the impact on your own side? Yes you will be dead cert champions for a few years but no way will Lawell strengthen in any real way. In essence Celtic could very well stand still / go backwards as they simply won't spend big for the gamble of Europe.

ray156
27th June, 2012, 05:27 PM
eight players refusing to have their contracts switched to a new company.

Sone Aluko and Rhys McCabe,
Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker

captain Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness - have lodged objections to their transfer to a "newco" Rangers

SIMPLY THE BEST
27th June, 2012, 06:09 PM
eight players refusing to have their contracts switched to a new company.

Sone Aluko and Rhys McCabe,
Steven Naismith and Steven Whittaker

captain Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness - have lodged objections to their transfer to a "newco" Rangers

Good luck to them they have made a very painful decision no doubt about leaving and chose to try pastures new other than play for a newco and i wish them well for the future.

As for everything else that's going on i don't know what all the fuss is about Scottish football will survive without Rangers albeit in a more diluted form and it is up to the other clubs to do what they see best, and as for the fans that wanted Rangers dead in the water hopefully you all turn out for your clubs and shore up the finances that will be sorely missed by your club without Rangers.

As for where the newco plays then i hope it's the 3rd division and it is the beginning of another dynasty and turns out just as special as the old one was.

mattybhoy
27th June, 2012, 07:38 PM
Colin have u considered the impact on your own side? Yes you will be dead cert champions for a few years but no way will Lawell strengthen in any real way. In essence Celtic could very well stand still / go backwards as they simply won't spend big for the gamble of Europe.

And collect 18 million a year from the Champs League...

mattybhoy
27th June, 2012, 07:43 PM
Good luck to them they have made a very painful decision no doubt about leaving and chose to try pastures new other than play for a newco and i wish them well for the future.

As for everything else that's going on i don't know what all the fuss is about Scottish football will survive without Rangers albeit in a more diluted form and it is up to the other clubs to do what they see best, and as for the fans that wanted Rangers dead in the water hopefully you all turn out for your clubs and shore up the finances that will be sorely missed by your club without Rangers.

As for where the newco plays then i hope it's the 3rd division and it is the beginning of another dynasty and turns out just as special as the old one was.

I can't believe I agreed with most of that, apart from the last line. A Sevco dynasty will have to be built on a level playing field - something that Glasgow Rangers FC didn't attempt to do in the last 20 years.

SIMPLY THE BEST
27th June, 2012, 08:26 PM
I can't believe I agreed with most of that, apart from the last line. A Sevco dynasty will have to be built on a level playing field - something that Glasgow Rangers FC didn't attempt to do in the last 20 years.

I believe since they have been liquidated they need to start from scratch so why would you say it will have to be built on a level playing field when this is what any newco would have to do ?

The old Rangers as we know it has been liquidated so the constant referral to the old Rangers and what happened to them have no place in any ongoing developments now apart from a nostalgic point of view.

After all everyone outwith Rangers wanted Rangers dead in the water and they got there wishes so the newco is infact just that a newco and will be starting with a clean slate so maybe if you can accept that then there will be no need to keep raking up what has happened in the past and look forward to playing meaningless games in the foreseeable future till the newco gets back and puts you firmly back in your place and where you belong.

johnboy1974
27th June, 2012, 08:42 PM

Yes if celtic qualify and thats going to be hard enough.

Snowy79
27th June, 2012, 09:00 PM
I think it's not going to be a straight forward case of The Rangers getting up to premier division standard in the next few years. Once the dust settles the fans that have been looking through blue tinted glasses will realise the players they worshiped and the so called millionaires etc who were Rangers through and through obviously didn't care that much as they never put their money where there loyalty is. Pretty bad when a Rangers mad Billionaire couldn't find ?20,000,000 down the back of the settee to steady the club.

Why would anyone buy a season ticket to a club whose conned their fans and whose top players desert them. I'm sure the top players are worth a few million each and could live of their interest for the next three years. Show some loyalty to the fans who worshipped them. Stick with the team and build up a reputation based on respect.

Sadly this isn't going to happen. Rangers will be left will a team that may be the best in the lower divisions but they'll struggle to get out of the First Divsion. Their fans will desert them and end up supporting one of the Manchester teams or probably Chelsea so they can say they support the best team. You only need top look at how many sheep with no affiliation to some teams still support them because they win trophies. Sorry but Rangers is going the way of Gretna.

Green will sell the remnants of Rangers and it's land on for a tidy sum to a property developer.

southpaw83
27th June, 2012, 09:17 PM
The lastest rumour is Ibrox and Murray Park are owned by a seperate company and they will be rented back to Rangers for an annual fee

Two parties have been very quiet recently - Craig whyte and Ticketus.....

ray156
28th June, 2012, 07:38 AM
The lastest rumour is Ibrox and Murray Park are owned by a seperate company and they will be rented back to Rangers for an annual fee

Two parties have been very quiet recently - Craig whyte and Ticketus.....

craig whyte will be lying low for now...

Craig Whyte's ownership of Rangers and his financial management of the club has become subjet to a criminal investigation by Strathclyde Police.

i dont even support a football team,i only post because its news,just to inform peeps that may not see the info.

now its costing me money,my 11yr kid wants his rangers paper in bedroom down,so got my orders how he wants room redone,plus he wants posters of cheryl cole put up.

skegsagypsy
28th June, 2012, 08:09 AM
This Rangers calamity is now plunging surreal depths. John 'Bomber' Brown the Che Guevara of Ibrox? ~~~~in hilarious!

yfrog Video : http://yfrog.com/f26h0z - Uploaded by (http://yfrog.com/f26h0z)

nara
28th June, 2012, 08:26 AM
...my 11yr kid wants his rangers paper in bedroom down,so got my orders how he wants room redone,plus he wants posters of cheryl cole put up.

Sounds line a perfectly healthy 11yr old to me. lol

scottymo76
28th June, 2012, 03:40 PM

If you get into the groups ans win games that is

Far from certain thus why I referred to it as the gamble of Europe

ray156
28th June, 2012, 06:20 PM
BBC Scotland has learned of plans being put in place that would allow Rangers to move directly into Scottish Division One in the coming season.
Rangers FC plc is soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium are reforming the club.
But Green's Rangers newco has not gained support to replace the old club (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18577192) in the Scottish Premier League.
And senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start season 2012-13 in the second tier.
There are also plans for the SPL and Scottish Football League bodies to be merged (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18566770) into a new organisation called 'The Scottish Professional Football League' in 12 months' time.
SFL chief executive David Longmuir confirmed: "The SFL is trying to address the question of whether we are in a position to accommodate a solution to the Rangers FC scenario.
"We are trying to achieve a solution which will be in the best interests of the SFL and the wider game."

The main points of proposal documentation viewed by BBC Scotland are:
Rangers are to be relegated with immediate effect and replaced in the SPL by Dundee
Television rights for Rangers matches in Scottish Football League Division One are to be bought by the SPL for ?1m
The SPL and SFL will merge into one body at the start of season 2013-14
Play-offs between the top two divisions will be introduced in time for the coming season with one team from the top flight and three from the second tier competing for a place in the following season's SPL
There will be an increase in the parachute payments made to clubs relegated from the SPL
Changes will be made to the distribution model for clubs in the top two tiers with teams in the lower leagues earning a similar amount to the current set-up
A new pyramid system will become effective from season 2014-15 that will allow a potential place in the new league format for a team from either the Highland league or newly-created 'Lowland League'
Rangers newco's acceptance into the Scottish FA would only be approved if they accept responsibility for the football debts and fines incurred by the previous club along with their waiving of rights to a legal challenge
All changes have to be approved by SPL and SFL clubs over the next few days. The plans require the support of eight SPL clubs and a majority of SFL clubs to be passed.
Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne commented: "Rangers Newco should apply to the SFA for admission and apply direct to the SFL in the same way that any other new club would do.
"This is and remains our clubs absolute position."
Should the proposals not gain support, it remains possible that Rangers could begin next season in Scottish Division Three, the lowest league in the senior set-up.
Division One clubs Falkirk, Raith Rovers and latterly Morton have voiced their opposition to any plans to place the Rangers newco in the second tier.

johnboy1974
28th June, 2012, 07:13 PM
Don't like it I don't want the league structures changed and playoffs introduced to accommodate the new rangers team- we should take our medicine and start from the bottom of the pile.

Snowy79
28th June, 2012, 09:36 PM
If the hasbeen that was winding the fans up gets his way there won't be any Rangers at all. Like him or loathe him Green is a businessman. He's bought into Rangers as he can see money to be made. Hopefully through re-building the team. He's not even been given the chance to prove what he wants to do with Rangers and now there's calls to starve him out by not buying season tickets etc. This won't hurt Green it will just force him to look at other ways of making money.

He has no loyalty to the club, so what makes the fans think he would sell to them if his back is against the wall. Chances are he would sell it to a property developer and make more money if his hand is forced. I certainly wouldn't sell to people that tried to shaft me.

If the fans aren't carefull, playing in the third division will be the least of their problems.

mattybhoy
28th June, 2012, 09:57 PM
Don't like it I don't want the league structures changed and playoffs introduced to accommodate the new rangers team- we should take our medicine and start from the bottom of the pile.

Dignified John. I wish more could be..

scottymo76
29th June, 2012, 08:42 PM
Dignified John. I wish more could be..

I trust u understand irony to say that with the avatar you have?

Wouldn't shock me if you didn't even have a Cetlic Season Book for last 10 years or so.

southpaw83
29th June, 2012, 08:54 PM

Wouldn't shock me if you didn't even have a Cetlic Season Book for last 10 years or so.

Bitter are we?

SIMPLY THE BEST
29th June, 2012, 10:56 PM

Very well put m8 dignity maybe only work 1 way tho ?

ray156
29th June, 2012, 10:59 PM
now now boy's,would like this thread kept open for news discussion and general interest.

not closed because of slanging match starting.

satsmo
29th June, 2012, 11:02 PM
The thread will stay open, a few posts will get deleted and a few members may head the same way also.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f38/read-digest-before-posting-section-255598/

mattybhoy
30th June, 2012, 12:21 AM

Pray tell. Why wouldn't it not shock you? I really would like to know. So if you're not a season ticket holder you're not entitled to an opinion? I'm interested where you are coming from with this?

Area 401, Row R, Seat 27 in the North Stand Upper (the old jungle).

For the record it's not been a season book for at least 6 years - it's a season card.

Now, I take it you used to have a season card for your club? I wonder if your partner in crime did who thanked your post? And the most important question will you be getting a season card this season????

ray156
30th June, 2012, 12:30 PM
Rangers: Charles Green gives SFA details for membership bid

Charles Green's Sevco consortium has lodged documents with the Scottish Football Association to support its bid for "newco" Rangers' membership.
The SFA requested further information on Green's plans after he submitted an application last Friday.
"We have received an information pack from Sevco Scotland relevant to their membership application," said the SFA.
The Association requires details of the company, requirements on fit and proper officials, and plans for the club.
Meanwhile, Green has hinted he and his Rangers newco would accept proposed conditions to win SFA membership.
Under plans revealed by BBC Scotland (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18625293) on Thursday, Rangers would go straight into Scottish Division One.

But they would have to accept the football debts and fines of the old Rangers and make no legal challenges.
Green says that "nothing in this world is free".
An application by Green for his newco to replace the old Rangers in the Scottish Premier League did not gain the support of top flight clubs and it was expected the club's next port of call would be applying to enter the Scottish Football League in Division Three.
But senior Scottish football figures are proposing that Rangers start next season in the second, rather than the fourth, tier.
Asked for his views on the proposals, the Rangers chief executive responded: "Did you refuse to pay the price of membership of your golf club?

"My opinion upon right or wrong doesn't matter.
"We will continue to work to ensure Rangers play football next season and that we can look everyone in the eye."
Meanwhile, Green has echoed chairman Malcolm Murray's call for unity at the club (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18635527) .
Murray issued a statement calling for for an end to "the vicious and ~~~~~~~ous blood lust" among those vying to control Rangers' destiny.
Former Rangers player John Brown this week announced he was leading a group looking to buy the club (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18606923) and encouraged fans to invest in his consortium rather than buying season tickets.
"It's not right that a proportion of Rangers fans continue to attack my consortium and try to undermine our rescue plans," added Green.
"It's not right that every two weeks a Mel Gibson appears, delivers a Braveheart statement, then doesn't deliver anything

ray156
30th June, 2012, 02:20 PM
Rangers cancel direct debit ticket payments 'to give reassurance to fans'

The move comes after some supporters claimed they had been unable to cancel banking arrangements made prior to the liquidation of the old club and foundation of Charles Green's newco.
Rangers financial director Brian Stockbridge said that payments would have been taken from accounts on July 6, but that the decision had been made to cancel direct debits "for the sake of clarity and to give reassurance to fans".
However, he added that the club was working with its bank to ensure that fans who wished to pay for their season tickets in instalments would still be able to do so.
In a statement issued on Saturday, Mr Stockbridge said: "Over the last few days it has become apparent that there is confusion regarding direct debit arrangements for season tickets.
"This has arisen primarily because new direct debit arrangements had to be put in place following the creation of the new company.
"Supporters have given us valuable feedback on this issue saying they are unclear on whether their direct debit instructions were tied to the old company in administration or the new company.
"All direct debits would have been paid to the new company from July 6 and all season ticket funds are to be used solely for the benefit of the Club and its supporters.
"However, it is clear from feedback from supporters that there remains some concern about the transfer of direct debit instructions from the old company to the new company.
"The uncertainty resulted in some misleading media coverage which only added to the confusion and caused issues for service providers.
"For the sake of clarity and to give reassurance to fans, the Club will not take any direct debit payments for the forthcoming season.
"We are working with our bank, Metro Bank, to ensure those who wanted to pay by instalment are still able to do so. The Club will issue a fuller communication within the next few days to all season ticket holders confirming the ways in which they can pay for their 2012\13 season tickets.
"The Club apologises for any inconvenience to supporters but it is of paramount importance that supporters renewing season tickets have absolute clarity on the arrangements in place."
Previously, the owners of Rangers newco confirmed that season ticket renewal cash would be deposited and held by Rangers FC plc, which is the soon-to-be-liquidated oldco.
They said the money would eventually be transferred to the new business entity that holds the assets of the club, including Ibrox and Murray Park training ground.

gazz10
30th June, 2012, 08:58 PM
Rangers cancel direct debit ticket payments 'to give reassurance to fans'

The move comes after some supporters claimed they had been unable to cancel banking arrangements made prior to the liquidation of the old club and foundation of Charles Green's newco.
Rangers financial director Brian Stockbridge said that payments would have been taken from accounts on July 6, but that the decision had been made to cancel direct debits "for the sake of clarity and to give reassurance to fans".
However, he added that the club was working with its bank to ensure that fans who wished to pay for their season tickets in instalments would still be able to do so.
In a statement issued on Saturday, Mr Stockbridge said: "Over the last few days it has become apparent that there is confusion regarding direct debit arrangements for season tickets.
"This has arisen primarily because new direct debit arrangements had to be put in place following the creation of the new company.
"Supporters have given us valuable feedback on this issue saying they are unclear on whether their direct debit instructions were tied to the old company in administration or the new company.
"All direct debits would have been paid to the new company from July 6 and all season ticket funds are to be used solely for the benefit of the Club and its supporters.
"However, it is clear from feedback from supporters that there remains some concern about the transfer of direct debit instructions from the old company to the new company.
"The uncertainty resulted in some misleading media coverage which only added to the confusion and caused issues for service providers.
"For the sake of clarity and to give reassurance to fans, the Club will not take any direct debit payments for the forthcoming season.
"We are working with our bank, Metro Bank, to ensure those who wanted to pay by instalment are still able to do so. The Club will issue a fuller communication within the next few days to all season ticket holders confirming the ways in which they can pay for their 2012\13 season tickets.
"The Club apologises for any inconvenience to supporters but it is of paramount importance that supporters renewing season tickets have absolute clarity on the arrangements in place."
Previously, the owners of Rangers newco confirmed that season ticket renewal cash would be deposited and held by Rangers FC plc, which is the soon-to-be-liquidated oldco.
They said the money would eventually be transferred to the new business entity that holds the assets of the club, including Ibrox and Murray Park training ground.

Rangers Fans still being tracked via Fastpay... one of lads in work the day 96.00 paid to fastpay. he now cancelled direct debit and asking why money been taken from account as he never signed up to fastpay. think he got fair point and should recieve refund, if he never signed up to fastpay he should be entitled to money back...

ray156
1st July, 2012, 11:24 AM
Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty has joined Sion on a three-year deal after saying he wished to leave Rangers, the Swiss club have confirmed.
"He will be presented at a press conference on Monday, then will join his new team-mates for training," the Swiss club said in a statement.
Moments earlier, Norwich City announced they had signed Rangers' Scotland defender, Steven Whittaker

Rangers's new owners have vowed to challenge such moves in the courts.

Stoke City are in a similar position, although they have yet to formally announce that they have signed Rangers midfielder Jamie Ness

ray156
1st July, 2012, 12:34 PM
BBC Scotland understands the Scottish Football Association could reject an application for international clearance from their English and Swiss counterparts on behalf of he and Whittaker's new clubs.
Scotland's national body claims it would require both the "old" Rangers, which will soon be put into liquidation, and the newco Rangers to give their permission for such clearance to be given.
The players, on advice from their union, PFA Scotland, rejected the opportunity to have their contracts transferred to the "newco" Rangers being created by the consortium led by Charles Green that has bought the Glasgow club's assets.

World governing body Fifa is likely to step into the dispute and grant international clearance for the pair.

shellbob
1st July, 2012, 02:46 PM
I dont blame the players for leaving because they have been lied to that many times Rangers will rise again its just a matter of when.

KDC
1st July, 2012, 05:12 PM
I dont blame the players for leaving because they have been lied to that many times Rangers will rise again its just a matter of when.
Indeed Sevco might rise in time, Rangers are defunct - dead as a dodo!

SIMPLY THE BEST
1st July, 2012, 05:52 PM
Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi ! as the old saying goes.

ray156
1st July, 2012, 06:28 PM
Raith Rovers-Morton-Clyde-Falkirk oppose Rangers newco Division One plan.

SIMPLY THE BEST
1st July, 2012, 06:52 PM
They must start in the 3rd division if allowed pure and simple but again talk of going into Div1 is all about damage limitation regarding the money that will be lost without 1 of the Old Firm in the top tier of Scottish Football.

Another major faux pas by the people that run the Scottish football authorities and they are not worthy to be running the hiearchy in Scotland.

scottymo76
1st July, 2012, 06:57 PM
This whole SPL2 is starting to look more likely. Obviously my key concern is the rejuvenation of Rangers but I do have concerns at the way the whole shooting match is heading.

As soon as the season starts they will pass a vote on shared gate receipts meaning that for example Celtic would be required to give Hibs up to 30% of total receipts even if Hibs only brought 300 fans.

I think Lawell sees it now but the horse has bolted imho. Rangers will take some hit but looks like our Old Firm partners are also being lined up as a cash cow.

Without our vote there is nothing to stop it. Nothing.

It's sad that the hatred has took us to this point.

skegsagypsy
1st July, 2012, 07:02 PM
It's sad that the hatred has took us to this point.

Nothing to do with the cheating nor financial irregularities that Rangers were involved in then ?

skegsagypsy
1st July, 2012, 07:11 PM
Any forced change of revenue on Celtic will have a detrimental effect on all clubs in the SPL, Celtic fans will not sit back and see our club punished in any shape or form, I'm fairly confident Celtic will not see any ill effects forced upon them.

johnboy1974
1st July, 2012, 07:23 PM
Any forced change of revenue on Celtic will have a detrimental effect on all clubs in the SPL, Celtic fans will not sit back and see our club punished in any shape or form, I'm fairly confident Celtic will not see any ill effects forced upon them.

Surely the attendances will go down skegs with no rangers.

skegsagypsy
1st July, 2012, 07:33 PM
John I'm referring to forced changes by the other clubs, not a natural drop in attendance.

barrowmanandrew
1st July, 2012, 07:41 PM
Nothing to do with the cheating nor financial irregularities that Rangers were involved in then ?

what cheating would that be?

thecelticfan
1st July, 2012, 07:56 PM
what cheating would that be?

Over 100 employees received tax free payments totalling more than ?50M over a period of at least ten years. These included over 60 footballers ? meaning that the club both benefitted from employing players it could not otherwise have afforded and also broke football?s contract rules many times over several years.

Make no mistake ? this was cheating on an industrial scale.

Take you head out of the sand!

http://zensoftware.co.uk/blogresources/2011/09/head_in_sand.jpg

barrowmanandrew
1st July, 2012, 08:18 PM
Over 100 employees received tax free payments totalling more than ?50M over a period of at least ten years. These included over 60 footballers ? meaning that the club both benefitted from employing players it could not otherwise have afforded and also broke football?s contract rules many times over several years.

you see this is the problem, the club made use of tax avoidance schemes. these schemes were utilised under advice from a financial expert.

mismanagement yes.. but i don't think you could call it cheating..

anyways, why no outcry at the time of this alleged "cheating"?

mtv1
1st July, 2012, 08:23 PM
:itsme: before this one goes down lol

SIMPLY THE BEST
1st July, 2012, 08:27 PM

I'm sure i read somewhere that according to SFA rules all clubs have to send details of payments to the SFA and SPL if this is the case why did the SFA/SPL allow for @ least 10 years blatant cheating to be allowed ?

Strange that unless they never seen anything that was classed as blatant cheating and if they did and somehow covered it up why are the other clubs not kicking a stink up about the SFA/SPL

flyingpig
1st July, 2012, 08:47 PM
As an outsider looking in - I can tell you that all of the clubs and associations need to get their collective heads together and sort it out pretty soon.

If they dont, it will be a case of Fifa getting involved and fans and smaller clubs getting screwed over.

thecelticfan
1st July, 2012, 10:32 PM
SFA / SPL

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmuenqYlpn1qcpod0o1_500.jpg

ray156
1st July, 2012, 10:34 PM
this thread was started by colin mckenzie.
on a question of what may happen,i dont support any team,but thought would keep thread going,with info on what is going on with teams involved,etc.
as people over the pond may not get info as fast as we do.or some members would rather look in here for info.but it looks like its turning into a (he said she said)thread,its not about who did what,thats in the past.

i dont want to search and give good reports of what is going on with sfa/spl/fifa etc,
just for peeps to use thread as a slanging match.
you want to do that start another thread. thankyou.ray.

ray156
1st July, 2012, 11:05 PM
read post number 25

satsmo
1st July, 2012, 11:29 PM
As usual no one does Ray......some went on an enforced break,others I can see heading that way.

Closed.