PDA

View Full Version : 3gs drops calls

cablefreejunkie
26th June, 2012, 10:28 PM
hi
the mrs 3gs has started to drop calls,the screen goes black but still displays the status bar at the tiop,have to press home and lock button to get the screen back up,,anyone got any idea whats causing this,btw its on giffgaff
thanks for reading peeps

mickydibble
27th June, 2012, 12:02 PM
hey mate as it always done this on giffgaff?,certain settings have to be applied to iphones android etc to work properly go on giffgaff and search problem in community,,,i think you can send a blank txt to 2020 ?? to get giff settings apk to phone etc look on site cheers micky

digilox
29th June, 2012, 09:12 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1428694/giffgaff_iphone4.pdf

This actually for the iphone 4 but almost identical to the 3gs settings. The settings are really more for internet connection / mms / texts etc. Just for calls the phone should be able to make and receive calls without these settings.

Having said that ... I am on giffgaff too and have had some similar issues recently to what you describe , plus sometimes it drops the call but I am then unable to actually "end" the call (or get disconnected from the network) with resorting to a full reset.

Various threads on GG point to it being a network problem rather than a phone problem.