PDA

View Full Version : Revelations

GastonJ
28th June, 2012, 12:44 PM
Well not really

Prime minister David Cameron has said that Barclays Bank management has "serious questions" to answer over how it manipulated banking lending rates.

Barclays was fined ?290m ($450m) after an investigation into claims that several banks manipulated the Libor rate at which they lend to each other.

BBC News - Barclays: Cameron says bank faces 'serious questions' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18622264)

:eek: it's a shock that a bank would manipulate the interest rate so that it could make more money??? There's some very nieve people out there if they believe that hasn't always been the case. It can't be much of a surprise to anyone at all. It's what banks do, they make money any way they can, and that's by getting the borrower to pay more money back than they borrowed. Not really rocket science is it.

What doesn't surprise me, as usual, is that the FSA settled for less money (some ?59 million from memory) while the US took $450 million off them. The UK is a soft touch when it comes to banks. We allow them to rip us off, then lend them money when they have spent all theirs and finally we pay they in the form of PFI's and contracts awarded to pay us our own money back with our own money. Win win situation for banks.

Bet we award them a nice contract for ?59 million soon....

johnboy1974
28th June, 2012, 07:17 PM
What's the banks got up to over the past decade or so is an absolute disgrace- will we ever see anyone brought to justice for it?? I think not
Those responsible have already set sail into the sunset funded by their inflated unjustified bonuses.

super jumbe
28th June, 2012, 07:51 PM
GOVT have hit the nail on the head of all that is wrong with Banks today, we had the PPi now this, what?s next worries me!!!!!

:jiggin: :jiggin: :jiggin:

Meat-Head
28th June, 2012, 08:22 PM
, we had the PPi now this, what?s next worries me!!!!!

OH NO, let us guess, you or one of your MANY friends tried to claim PPI and ended up with a big bill?

Shady
28th June, 2012, 08:25 PM
OH NO, let us guess, you or one of your MANY friends tried to claim PPI and ended up with a big bill?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

GastonJ
28th June, 2012, 08:43 PM
GOVT have hit the nail on the head of all that is wrong with Banks today, we had the PPi now this, what?s next worries me!!!!!

Hit the nail on the head? The nail has been there for so long dancing in front of them, painted with a target on it, I'd have been surprised if they could have seen anything else for the nail getting in the way. It's been hard to miss that the banks are at fault, even MP's can read the Sun newspaper to find that out now that the NoTW isn't paying them money to ask questions.

Canker_Canison
29th June, 2012, 02:13 PM
You have to remember that everything in the banking sector is dictated by money... nothing else.

If a board of a large bank had a meeting. An exec could stand up with an idea to make money.

'Fiscal surveys show that if we kill every child aged 3-4 years old by the end of the year we could make billions."

The response wouldn't be one of ethics or morals. It would be "ok, how much would we be fined for doing this?"

If the sums add up, they would kill every 3 & 4 year old in the country.

There are no ethic or moral standards in the banking world. Only making more money than they will be fined for the way they made the money.

Meat-Head
29th June, 2012, 06:36 PM
You have to remember that everything in the banking sector is dictated by money... nothing else.

The response wouldn't be one of ethics or morals. It would be "ok, how much would we be fined for doing this?"

This might be a totally wrong link, but the jist of it is in Emerica they had a Ford Pinto - say that in Mexico - when crashed they caught fire, but the #Emerican Ford company decided it was cheaper to burn Emericans than recall and install straps on the gas tanks.

(http://www.wfu.edu/~palmitar/Law&Valuation/Papers/1999/Leggett-pinto.html)THE FORD PINTO CASE: (http://www.wfu.edu/~palmitar/Law&Valuation/Papers/1999/Leggett-pinto.html)
(http://www.wfu.edu/~palmitar/Law&Valuation/Papers/1999/Leggett-pinto.html)

GastonJ
29th June, 2012, 10:58 PM
Both the above sounds about right. Money seems to be the be all and end all in some cases.

Grizz
1st July, 2012, 10:40 AM
a few years ago here we had a minister of health who pulled a E10 mill vaccination program against cervical cancer which effects around 1000 women per year in Ireland(killing around 90). by my reckoning that mean she put the cost of womens lives in Ireland at less than the princely sum of E10,000 a piece. Nice one Mary...

she rolled back on her decision afterwards.

Mary Harney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Harney#F.C3.81S_expenditure_controversy)

Meat-Head
1st July, 2012, 01:40 PM
a few years ago here we had a minister of health who pulled a E10 mill vaccination program against cervical cancer

NOW, the question be, did this woman has this system installed

1) At all
2) Before pulling the plug
3) After plugging back in.

Grizz
1st July, 2012, 10:00 PM
NOW, the question be, did this woman has this system installed

1) At all
2) Before pulling the plug
3) After plugging back in.

i really dont want to think about her cervix mate, she's no Tracey Barlow. lol
(but i think she may be too old to have it installed)

http://cdn.independent.ie/multimedia/dynamic/00985/harney1_SH_985517t.jpg

Meat-Head
1st July, 2012, 10:08 PM
i lol
(but i think she may be too old to have it installed)

that's that then, she's too old, properbly got he daughters installed with it, ~~~~ the rest.

Snowy79
1st July, 2012, 10:12 PM
Give a man a gun he can rob a bank. Give him a bank and he can rob the World.

Shady
1st July, 2012, 10:17 PM
Tony Robinson - Question Time - About the UK Banks - YouTube

Meat-Head
1st July, 2012, 10:28 PM
Baldricks Cunning Plan.avi - YouTube