PDA

View Full Version : sd card to sata as hdd?

Shady
1st July, 2012, 01:58 PM
Wondering, would it be possible to use something like this SD CARD to SATA adapter - SD AND SDHC COMPLIANT: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics coupled with an sd card as a dm hdd?

mtv1
1st July, 2012, 02:09 PM
no .................................................. ......... :roflmao:

Simba92
1st July, 2012, 09:48 PM
I cant see why not.

mtv1
1st July, 2012, 11:48 PM
i'll tell u y not ;) mostly those adapters are proper shiote .. example .. ide to sata adapters do not work or if they do data is lost on transfer .. so you end up with corrupt files .. now i've not tried this adapter but in 90% of cases they will work for 2 weeks then blow up please buy one shady and report back lol

Bann32
2nd July, 2012, 12:18 AM
I was liking that idea myself also

Shady
2nd July, 2012, 08:03 AM
ive used an ide to sata adaptor in my media player for about 18 months with no problems whatsoever. so although not saying youre wrong stig about these sd to sata adaptors being shite, the reasoning that all sata adaptors are shite is wrong :)

Bann32
2nd July, 2012, 11:12 AM
ive used an ide to sata adaptor in my media player for about 18 months with no problems whatsoever. so although not saying youre wrong stig about these sd to sata adaptors being shite, the reasoning that all sata adaptors are shite is wrong :)

If you do get one of these id be interested how you got on with it, I bought an sd card instead of microsd for my phone by mistake so I have a spare 32gb sd card I could put to good use :)

Shady
2nd July, 2012, 11:19 AM
the one linked to above will only take a 16gb card.. its not really faesible to use it if you do a lot of recording, but for low noise/ less heat, cost efficiency in case hdd becomes corrupted (its cheaper to replace sd card than hdd).
it was really just my bored mind wondering.. i will eventually get one just to play.