PDA

View Full Version : low engine oil pressure cat 3126b

salwan
1st July, 2012, 05:44 PM
please help me i have completed all the steps according to the Sis program but did not get to solve the problem

show code (E100)

RSwire
2nd July, 2012, 12:47 AM
please help me i have completed all the steps according to the Sis program but did not get to solve the problem

show code (E100)

Is the actual oil pressure good, you checked it with a manual guage not just ET data. You may have a mechanical issue not electronic.

salwan
2nd July, 2012, 06:52 AM
I have checked the pressure by the guag did not appear have any mechanical problem, but if you notice is the value of the pressure scale by normal, but did not show in pictures I expect that the problem is electronic

RSwire
2nd July, 2012, 11:22 PM
You either have a erratic sensor or bad wire/pin. The easy way to check the wire is to back-probe the sensor and back-probe the ecm and run a jumper wire and bypass the factory harness see if it streightens out the bad signal. You may not find it by checking the continuity only. I made myself a little jumper harness for the CAT 3 wire sensors, I plug one end on the sensor and the other into the harness and I can check the senor output/input with out back-probing or tapping wires. And all the CAT pressure sensors are the same, you can swap it with the high press sensor for your inj press and see if that press goes erratic. Than you will know if it is sensor or wiring.

mathura
3rd July, 2012, 01:51 AM
Once mechanical testing has proven that the oil pressure is within limits, then it is obvious that the probelm is with a sensor or wiring harness. RS Wire has hit it to the point so simply be patient and do the troubleshooting, this can be frustrating if you take things for granted.

I have personally had some bad expierence because I was accepting the the results of my juniors who I had placed my confidence with, only to find out that they have screwd up.

salwan
8th July, 2012, 08:50 AM
Mechanical measurement scale read 100 bar up to 115 bar in full load but standard electronic( ET) measuring 500 kPascal whichever is where the problem and what correct read ???

eric486
8th July, 2012, 01:01 PM
500 kpa would be a good engine oil pressure reading at high idle. If you are mechanically reading 100 - 115 bar your guage must be broken.

Brodogn1
25th July, 2012, 07:07 AM
Some 3126 B engine do not have an oil pressure sensor. I would check Engine Serial Number (ESN) to verify that engine is equipped with Oil Pressure Sensor. Cat didn't worry about having an oil pressure sensor as the injector on this engine work off oil pressure so with out base oil pressure in the block the engine will not run on the HEUI system. Just a thaught. Hit me up if you need additional help.

salwan
26th July, 2012, 12:40 PM
thanx pro
3126b have oil pressure sensor
and it read until 500kpa when oil pressure more than 500kpa the sensor out of reading i don't know why

Solomio
27th July, 2012, 05:35 AM
If it 's not too much trouble. can you post the oil pressure in PSI.

salwan
27th July, 2012, 12:31 PM
sure solomio
when i start my engine read 58,02 psi or more its ok but when i reach 2000 rpm engine oil pressure read more than 72,52 psi in mechanical scale but oil pressure sensor not read and show oil pump lamp in dash board in ET show me low oil engine pressure

Solomio
27th July, 2012, 03:09 PM
Do you have access to another dash (gauges) that you can swap with and see if you get the same results?

motoraio italiano
28th July, 2012, 02:55 PM
check ground wire point, 2 pressure of this engine need read in hot condition, gauge reading from 0,195 bar idle running to 4,25 bar, sensor not make throble, in KPA is from 195 to 425, psi is 30 to 65,reading point is locate to sensor point neet tee fitting,also, check quality oil from et, is in auto detection ???, ciao