PDA

View Full Version : Man kills neighbor over missing PS3

Jaffa
9th May, 2008, 10:44 PM
Being a protective console owner is one thing, but taking obsessive love for one's system to violent ends is a whole other ballpark. Take the story of Edward Keith Stoddard Jr. who was arrested last night in Dade City for murdering his neighbor over a missing PlayStation 3. He's accused of murdering neighbor Douglas F. Abrams when the two were arguing over the PS3 in question on April 24.

It's such a sad thing to hear that someone had to die over something so trivial. Sure, most of us love our systems, but not enough to kill for it. It's not clear whether the PS3 was the only reason for the murder, but even if it wasn't, it wouldn't matter. The story would end the same -- someone's dead, the other's in jail, and the PS3 still missing.

Source
(http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/05/08/man-kills-neighbor-over-missing-ps3/)

thommo
9th May, 2008, 11:06 PM
ask vj, im sure hes ready to murder someone over his missing ps3.

Raven
10th May, 2008, 10:53 AM
I suppose this will give those people with an axe to grind about video games causing violence and crime more fuel for their fire. I'll tell you I for one am sick and tired of video games taking the flak for people and their own decisions and responsibilities. And the clueless middle class do gooders who think they know the lot, yet only preach about stuff they have not studied from all angles. Video games/consoles do not cause violence or crime, people do. Always have, always will. Seems the do gooders want to ignore individual free thinking and responsibilities and rather than criticise the person for their actions and lecture them about taking responsibility for their actions, they criticise games and consoles and lecture us about how they influence violence and crime. Funny how movies are exempt from this debate. But it's people who create violence and crime, let those responsible for it be held accountable.

Here's an idea for the do gooders who have no clue, either be honest and take some respnosibility and gain some credibility in the process, or keep out of it for once.

But stop trying to sugarcoat the real issues by patronising the general public and treating them as though they are little more than non self aware monkeys. People make their own decisions and should be responsible. Keyword being responsible.

I don't even know why they are called do gooders because when are they going to stop spouting utter shite and actually do something credible and good ?

Rant over, lol.

C64
10th May, 2008, 12:15 PM
I'm sure the PS3 was just the last straw in a feud that had been brewing for sometime.

biffo1
10th May, 2008, 12:17 PM
i have to agree with whitchy , either that or hes a right nutter , just to kill some1 over a ps3

westkill
16th May, 2008, 12:06 AM
killing him is a bit harsh

he could of tortured him first :D

randomuser83
11th July, 2008, 07:52 PM
Man that dude is psycho. Who kills over a console. Just go to his house and steal something of equal value.

C64
11th July, 2008, 09:22 PM
This is typical behaviour for a Sony Fanboy! :)