PDA

View Full Version : tm-6800 hd super

mister-t
30th January, 2009, 06:59 PM
only had my tm-6800 hd super a couple of days and very impressed with it so far.what i am trying to do is use 2 dishes
one motorised one positioned at 28e using a diseq switch.i could do this easilly with my sammy 9500,but cant seem to do it with the tm,is it possible if so how

thanks for any advice mister-t

.: JaCkPoT :.
30th January, 2009, 10:33 PM
You have to go to..menu..installation..satellite setup..then scroll down to diseqc 1.0 and 1.1..then set motor one to 1/4 and the fixed to 2/4..that should be it..
Why do you even need a fixed dish if you have a motor mate?

mister-t
30th January, 2009, 11:18 PM
reason for the fixed dish is because i live in a flat and its a communial dish,im not supposed to have a dish,but its obscured from view and 28e is difficult to get on the motor but fine on the fixed dish

31st January, 2009, 01:19 AM
Ah..well did my trick work?

mister-t
31st January, 2009, 01:35 AM
no didnt work,have i got this right,satellite setup,disecqc 1.0 to 1 of 4,then diseqc 1.1 and i set that to 2 of 16,i semm to have diferent settings than what you posted

31st January, 2009, 01:54 AM
Well my receiver is slightly different but that seems right..
On the diseqc switch which inputs are you using?123or4?

mister-t
31st January, 2009, 10:10 AM
the diseqc switch from the dish you mean,if so,its a 2way switch,fixed is input 1,motor is input 2,that setting worked perfect on my sammy9500,just cant to get it to work with the tm

1st February, 2009, 03:28 AM
The only option is to put the input into tho samsung and then loop out to the tm with the samsung on standby

despdan
1st February, 2009, 11:01 AM
only had my tm-6800 hd super a couple of days and very impressed with it so far.what i am trying to do is use 2 dishes
one motorised one positioned at 28e using a diseq switch.i could do this easilly with my sammy 9500,but cant seem to do it with the tm,is it possible if so how

thanks for any advice mister-t

Hi
if i am reading this right try this:

goto installation>Satellite Setup>satellite choose 28.2 astra then down to DiSEqC 1.0>set 1.
Now set all the other satellites to DiSEqC 1.0> set 2.

Now goto Motorized Settings >DiSEqC Motor & set the motor to off for 28.2E Astra & 1.2 or USALS for the others.

mister-t
1st February, 2009, 12:44 PM
thanks for all the help,but still no joy

benny/9
1st February, 2009, 01:15 PM
thanks for all the help,but still no joy
the diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 feature was for monoblock lnb or multiple lnb's on a fixed dish or multiple fixed dish useage and not for a fixed dish and a motorised dish.
but if it worked on your other receiver it should work on the
technomate but from one of your earlier posts you are setting it up wrong, try this way you use the diseqc 1.0 feature only
you set one dish on [1] and the other on [2]
and then you set this diseqc menu to the dish your useing
ie:[1] for the fixed dish and [2] for the motorised dish
then if you want to change to the other dish you go back
in the receiver menu and change the setting
do not set one dish in diseqc 1.0 and the other in diseqc 1.1
menu's if thats what your trying thats why it wont work

mister-t
1st February, 2009, 01:35 PM
with the sammy,the set up is completely different,if i set one dish for 28e that was input a,and a in the menue motor was input b and set for motor,with the tm if you try to set fixed and motor up together,you can not for some reason store each dish setting,as it seems to overide your previous settings.i have e-mailed technomate to see if it is possible,but i have a feelling its not,any way thanks for everyones input and advice

mister-t

mister-t
1st February, 2009, 02:25 PM
the diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 feature was for monoblock lnb or multiple lnb's on a fixed dish or multiple fixed dish useage and not for a fixed dish and a motorised dish.
but if it worked on your other receiver it should work on the
technomate but from one of your earlier posts you are setting it up wrong, try this way you use the diseqc 1.0 feature only
you set one dish on [1] and the other on [2]
and then you set this diseqc menu to the dish your useing
ie:[1] for the fixed dish and [2] for the motorised dish
then if you want to change to the other dish you go back
in the receiver menu and change the setting
do not set one dish in diseqc 1.0 and the other in diseqc 1.1
menu's if thats what your trying thats why it wont work
it works the way you suggested,a bit of hassel turning settings on and off,but it works thanks very much

benny/9
1st February, 2009, 02:55 PM
it works the way you suggested,a bit of hassel turning settings on and off,but it works thanks very much
i thought it would work but the diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 feature
is intended for fixed dish and multiple lnb useage only
i have had technomates for years and iv'e never seen this setting used with a motorised system and even with fixed dishes or monoblock lnb it's the same for changing either sats or dishes.but it's working and you have all your sats and chns.plus it's not to much bother changing dishes over.

2nd February, 2009, 12:21 AM
Great post benny...
Thanked and reputation added...