PDA

View Full Version : su & iptables

briz
3rd July, 2012, 01:47 PM
Further to this (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f205/couple-linux-questions-e2-newb-278920/), I wonder if some kind soul(s) NOT using a ViX image (i.e BH/VTI/PLI) could please tell me whether their image supports the su & iptables commands? e.g. type the following commands at a terminal (SSH/Telnet) prompt and see if they return anything useful (neither of these commands will change anything on your system):

which suThis should return the location in the filesystem of the su command (e.g. /bin/su) if it exists, or nothing if not.

iptables -L -t natThis just lists the content of the 'nat' firewall table. It will return a 'command not found' or 'table does not exist' error if NOT supported.

If either/both work please let me know which image you are using.

TIA

RuberDuck
3rd July, 2012, 01:54 PM
results from a Vu+ Duo using BH 1.7.5

Vuplus 2.2.0 + BlackHole 1.7.5 bm750

bm750 login: root
root@bm750:~# which su
root@bm750:~# iptables -L -t nat
-sh: iptables: not found
root@bm750:~#

To be honest i very much doubt you will find any image with these commands included unless you created it your self as it's not a requested feature.

briz
3rd July, 2012, 02:08 PM
To be honest i very much doubt you will find any image with these commands included unless you created it your self as it's not a requested feature.

Fair enough. Thanks anyway for trying and replying so quickly. Appreciate it m8!