PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy S3 Issues.

greengirl
4th July, 2012, 08:23 AM
HI all. I have just got a Galaxy sIII on orange. Whilst i love the phone, Im getting cheesed off with a few of the apps I cant use. Draw something wont log into facebook, or it logs in and then sticks on the draw something page. Facebook works except when I try and comment on a post or write my own post, in which case it crashes. Although I have downloaded flash player, anything that uses it says it cant load as i dont have the latest version.

I know Im not very tech savvy, but is this likely to be a glitch with the software developer - ie. facebook. (ive installed and unistalled - no effect) or something i need to sort out with the phone?

Is it also a possibility that its because the s3 runs on ice cream sandwich and android apps need to be updated to run with this in mind?
thanks for reading! :D

Canker_Canison
4th July, 2012, 11:06 AM
Yes, yes & yes.

ICS can cause problems if developers are lazy.

Having a branded phone will also cause problems. Orange are the worst network for bad software changes on phones.

And then there's the phone it's self. Very new. Developers will be getting to grips with it over the next 6 months. There will also be updates coming through from samsung.

Instead of using the faceshite app, log in via the website.

greengirl
4th July, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks, I assumed that it was the newness of the phone as I remember "back in the day" when Bf first got his iphone 3gs and it had problems with apps n stuff. guess I will have to be patient and hope they a) sort out the apps and b) actually make my favourite games available on android. (i miss diamond dash - how sad)

gji25
7th July, 2012, 04:36 PM
its the app and not the phone... as said in post #2 it will get better in time

johnna2112
8th July, 2012, 06:32 AM
i got the s3 off orange the other week, sent it back now as it took me nearly 3 days to get through to customer services lol if my phone had been knackered i would have been in the crap, anyway , my mate had a look at it as he is thinking of getting one and he logged on to his facebook account no problems with the app & loved it so hes getting one , im not on fb so that was the first time it was tried on that phone & worked fine, just waiting for my htc one x to come now lol, if anyone wants a black gel case for the galaxy s3 drop me a pm with your addy & i will gladly post it to you free , it was only on a couple of days before i returned the phone http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj61/johnna2112/clickies/thumb-1.gif

cunny
8th July, 2012, 09:32 AM
Had the s3 now for a few weeks. No issues. No issues with apps. Been a nice upgrade. But if you have a s2 your gonna have to ask yourself if you really want it.

I upgraded from a s2 and could of easily kept on with the s2 but the s3 is a really nice phone. Very happy with it overall

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

greengirl
14th July, 2012, 03:41 PM
I have the galaxy s3. facebook is still not allowing me to post statuses, draw something doesnt load and im having issues with paper toss as well. getting a bit fed up now as i was going to go with the iphone 4s but preferred the s3. if it wasnt for all the issues with apps, it would be my perfect phone. am going to assume that it is the apps that need to be developed further to run on the s3. really dont know why i cant use facebook though if no one else is having problems.

Canker_Canison
14th July, 2012, 10:28 PM
Is it a branded phone?

josedownunder
13th August, 2012, 09:51 AM
I have none of the problems you're talking about. Do you have a stock rom or an Orange rom??

garry1312
16th August, 2012, 11:34 PM
Received my S3 on Saturday not had much of a chance to mess about with it but so far wow.

I thought I was going to need to get mine through Orange (explained on another thread) but got it from carphonewarehouse they upgraded the contract on orange but I got an S3 without all of Oranges crap added and it is unlocked.

No issues with facebook at all at my end mate. Dont use Draw something on it so cant comment there. Used it for a short period of time on my S2 and seemed flawless.

In saying that about orange adding all there own crap is this still the case as when I purchased a Sony Ericcson Arc through them there was no orange bloatware to be seen.

happy_highlander
16th August, 2012, 11:50 PM
Nice to see you about again m8