PDA

View Full Version : VAG dashboards explained

omglol
8th July, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hi!

I always wanted to ask experienced people here about this ... can we make a list of VAG dashboards and what they have inside, since I am confused at new ones?

If we start with old one - Golf IV, eeprom inside, can be done via diagnostic, no big deal here.

But then - Golf V - please correct me:

2003-2006 Visteon dash with eeprom? (OBD?)
2006- Dash with Micronas (Manufacturer? OBD?)

Golf VI:

dash with NEC + eeprom inside?

How about other VWs - Polo, Passat ... and other VAG like Audi A3, A4, A6 ... Seat Leon, Ibiza ... ?koda Octavia, Fabia, Roomster, Yeti ... ?

Many thanks!

z786
8th July, 2012, 04:28 PM
all vag cars can be done diag if u have the right tools

so this thread wud be kinda useless

omglol
8th July, 2012, 04:32 PM
OK, I understand ... but would still like to know what type of dashboard is in particular VAG vehicle. Also - what if OBD tool fcuks up lets say ... NEC+24c64 dash ... what do you do?

z786
8th July, 2012, 04:59 PM
nec dashes can only be done via obd
no eeprom solution

omglol
8th July, 2012, 05:19 PM
Yes, I know NEC has the encryption key and EEPROM has encrypted mileage with it ... but is it possible that OBD tool fcuks up NEC processor? What do you do then?

z786
8th July, 2012, 08:43 PM
lol go to the dealers n bend over

Meat-Head
8th July, 2012, 08:49 PM

cool, as you do when just wearing underpants, phoned a load of dealers about the job we did, pretending to be wanting to buy a car with said fault.

basically dealers wen't not intreasted in the job, it was a question of

"buy a new car or sod off"

omglol
8th July, 2012, 10:16 PM

That's just what I like to hear.:creep:

Anyway ... could someone write down from which year to which year is specific cluster mounted?

Micronas from 2006 to ?
NEC?

justy22
8th July, 2012, 11:09 PM
Seriously what can the dealer do if we fck up a vag dash, do they just recode it

captain crackers
8th July, 2012, 11:24 PM
It depends on what is wrong with it. First they will try to re-program it, failing that they will replace it. Arthur.

omglol
9th July, 2012, 09:37 AM
Or they will re-program it successfully, telling you it can't be done and charge you as new one ... lol

Meat-Head
10th July, 2012, 07:01 PM
Seriously what can the dealer do if we fck up a vag dash, do they just recode it
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/201088-grizz/albums/pic/5909-justy22-sigsize3.jpg

Two posts up mate.

Just for reference, so far so good, but no cigar on this audi a4 rb4 we have, managed to manually edit the vin in the dump and immo coding, still not quite got it all to work. still working on it.

captain crackers
10th July, 2012, 07:30 PM
If TULGEYWOODMAN wasn't banned I'm sure he would lend you his prayer mat. I believe it has a 100% success rate. Arthur.

smokey08
10th July, 2012, 07:33 PM
Two posts up mate.

Just for reference, so far so good, but no cigar on this audi a4 rb4 we have, managed to manually edit the vin in the dump and immo coding, still not quite got it all to work. still working on it.

What not working meat?

Meat-Head
10th July, 2012, 07:34 PM
If TULGEYWOODMAN wasn't banned I'm sure he would lend you his prayer mat. I believe it has a 100% success rate. Arthur.

ON TOPIC:-

what is 1097 into 2594 in hex please - line 40 RB4 cluster?

thanks.

d2mike
11th July, 2012, 06:54 AM
ON TOPIC:-

what is 1097 into 2594 in hex please - line 40 RB4 cluster?

thanks.

I would not play arround in line 40...
You have a crypted dashboard. You will cause a DEF!

Meat-Head
11th July, 2012, 07:32 AM
I would not play arround in line 40...
You have a crypted dashboard. You will cause a DEF!

COOL.

Short story is need to change security code. if possable
tried everywhich way to adapt keys/ecu/dash.

removed eeprom, edited manually - reinstalled, that's happy, still no brums. :musicus:

z786
11th July, 2012, 09:19 PM
post the dash to me and i'l repair it 4 u

Meat-Head
11th July, 2012, 09:41 PM
post the dash to me and i'l repair it 4 u

Sod off, that's going to take a HUGE stamp to post to you.

Chuffing Polski costomer, just *HOPE* he is putting this on the road.
Using that vag k-can 1.4 can immo off in seconds.

don't think he heard the thing running before, so immo off in front of him.

Basically becasue don't understand what is happening, spent a lot of time on this shed, ended up editing manually (thanks to Justy22 for the idea) the immo data.

Unable to get it to accept the one and only key.

Tried to verginese the key with quailty china zb, failed.

so went to a key cutting shop, the ones with the AD900 Pro - pinned him up the wall whilst another member of Team-Meat pressed the "viegen" botton. Said 'yup' the read and nil poi.

Just waiting for somebody to jump on to get some keys off.

Pretty sure it's something Justy22 has sold - handfull of old mot's, engine ecu 'agrees' 130K, but costomer INSISTS it was mot two weeks ago with 96,000.

Told costomer bring in ticket with 96K will IN-correct it to it, if not 130K and ~~~~ off.