PDA

View Full Version : Polo GTI 1800 20v 2005 rev limiter

electromech
9th July, 2012, 09:59 PM
Good day all at DK I have a client thats son has blown up his engine and now I need to do complete rebuild he has requested that I should lower the rev limiter as to prevent this happening again is there anyway that this could be done without a proper tuner...maybe Vas,launch....and so on

Thanks

bondiblu
9th July, 2012, 10:32 PM
Good day all at DK I have a client thats son has blown up his engine and now I need to do complete rebuild he has requested that I should lower the rev limiter as to prevent this happening again is there anyway that this could be done without a proper tuner...maybe Vas,launch....and so on

Thanks
I think the best way is to make your customers son pay for the damage he caused, he's less likely to do it again in the future. The problem is with the driver not the car from what you say, maybe he needs educating rather than modifying the the car???

Regarding the question, I would expect it to be easier to ask a skilled tuner to adjust limiters.

electromech
9th July, 2012, 10:40 PM
I totally agree but he wants to keep the car cause its all paid up and wouldnt want to change car at this point.....on a lighter note idiots like this keep alot of us afloat

filecloud
10th July, 2012, 09:11 AM
Hello
Polo GTI 1.8 20V turbo with BBU engine has the limiter on 6800rpm. This is absolutely save and not different from all the other 1.8t vag engines.
If the engine dies it must have other reason!
greetings,
filecloud

bondiblu
10th July, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hello
Polo GTI 1.8 20V turbo with BBU engine has the limiter on 6800rpm. This is absolutely save and not different from all the other 1.8t vag engines.
If the engine dies it must have other reason!
greetings,
filecloud
Thats what I thought, limiters are there already to prevent damage. Filecloud is right, there must have been something else at fault, unless it's been remapped already? then who knows whats been changed?

.....on a lighter note idiots like this keep alot of us afloat

And yes, with out idiots, a lot of people would be out of work, very true.

electromech
10th July, 2012, 01:44 PM
Ok dont know bout everyone else out there but I see this alot (always the 20Valves) when boy racers with VW's think that they can keep engine at limiter as long as the Honda boys......

electromech
10th August, 2012, 07:03 PM
Would a REVO cable work for this?