PDA

View Full Version : caller id unit

NICETOBNICE
10th July, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hi guys i currently have virgin phone line and i'm sick of ppi calls and unwanted people phoning me is there a caller id display that i can purchase that will work with my phone
cheers

Donka
11th July, 2012, 10:59 PM
get in touch with Virgin, sure they'll know.

super jumbe
12th July, 2012, 10:49 PM
Friend off mine was once with virgin and in a similar situation so he got in touch with the virgin they told him to press 9 then press button 1 and so on, from that day for instance he was getting ?36.00 monthly bill he was getting some time over ?90 bill a month.

Button 9 and so on when they tell you to press you has given them access to international calls from your line, how it works remains to be seen.

Bill started going up and up eventual he had to cancel the contract.

Just lift the receiver and put it back on the hook simple as that. :ridinghorse:

TheCoder
13th July, 2012, 01:07 AM
Hi guys i currently have virgin phone line and i'm sick of ppi calls and unwanted people phoning me is there a caller id display that i can purchase that will work with my phone
cheers

Easiest is just to get a new phone !

Most DECT type phones with a display are caller line compatible and you can pick them up for ?10-?15. Probably cheaper than a dedicated cl-id box.

Note that VM still appear to charge for the cl-id service - I think its around ?2 per month. BT provide cl-id service for free.

Note that a lot of 'sales' calls are number witheld or international anyway so cl-id may not be of much use, especially if you have friends/family abroad - you can't tell the difference between them and a sales call. Also note that a lot of UK companies either ignore the telephone preference service (TPS) database or use VOIP to make it appear the call is international (or just farm cold calling out to an Indian callcentre) making registration with this service fairly pointless.

jumpwithme1982
14th October, 2012, 08:13 PM
for sure the easyest solution is to purchase a now phone that suports coller id info.:willy:

alexsmart98
15th October, 2012, 01:45 AM
for sure the easyest solution is to purchase a now phone that suports coller id info.:willy:Yes. You probably right. I think so! :rock::rock: