PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Newco to play in 3rd Division.

C64
13th July, 2012, 02:19 PM
Newco Rangers forced to start in division three after crucial SFL vote | Rangers | Sport | STV (http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/110747-newco-rangers-forced-to-start-in-division-three-after-crucial-sfl-vote/)

Scottish Football League clubs have voted to accept a Rangers newco into Division Three for the 2012/13 season.

Representatives from 30 member clubs decided Sevco Scotland Limited must play in the bottom tier of the league structure after rejecting proposals which could have seen the new company play in the First Division.

Airdrie United and Dundee weren't originally expected to vote in the ballot but were informed that they would need to take part in the process on Thursday evening.

SFL clubs received a raft of proposals on Wednesday following talks between the Scottish FA, the SPL and David Longmuir.

Prior to the vote, several teams across the three divisions publicly stated their intention to object to plans to allow the newco to play in the countrys second tier.

thecelticfan
13th July, 2012, 02:56 PM
Rangers also get their wish to play in England! Berwick Rangers away :)

SIMPLY THE BEST
13th July, 2012, 03:15 PM
Superb happy days

haribo
13th July, 2012, 04:13 PM
Bring on peterhead..

ray156
13th July, 2012, 04:17 PM
1601:
ALLY McCOIST "I fully accept the decision of the SFL today and thank them for allowing us into the SFL.
"Clearly, starting again from the bottom league is not ideal and makes the task of rebuilding Rangers a longer one but the SFL was placed in an impossible situation and I respect its decision.
"I fully supported the fans views that starting again in Division 3 maintains the sporting integrity that the SPL clubs were so keen on.
"The SPL clubs and the SFA have made their positions clear over the last few weeks and it remains to be seen what the long-term effects of their decisions will be.
"Rangers has been severely punished for the actions of some individuals who previously ran the club and it will take time for us to recover but we will come back stronger thanks to the loyalty of the fans and the commitment of everyone at Ibrox who are working tirelessly to bring stability and success back to Rangers.
"I will be carefully monitoring events and reactions over the new few days and will be making further comments probably early next week

SIMPLY THE BEST
13th July, 2012, 05:16 PM
Inverness have said they are having an emergency meeting at the weekend regarding there finances is this the start of the impact of sporting integrity.

southpaw83
13th July, 2012, 05:59 PM
Inverness have said they are having an emergency meeting at the weekend regarding there finances is this the start of the impact of sporting integrity.

You seem desperate for it to be

PremierD
13th July, 2012, 06:01 PM
Trolling is not tollerated people ...

SIMPLY THE BEST
13th July, 2012, 06:01 PM
Why do you think that southpaw ?

barrowmanandrew
13th July, 2012, 07:49 PM
imho this is the correct decision.

would be unfair and disrespectful to teams who have fought hard to play in 1st division.

my only gripe is, why it took so long to reach this stage??

Scottish football is a joke run by idiots...

the powers that be need to take a long hard look at themselves.
the manner in which this saga has been left to continue is a disgrace...

hopefully we can all now move on...

PremierD
13th July, 2012, 07:56 PM
I'll bet you a pound of horse shit ... some one dissagrees with you mate ... lol

barrowmanandrew
13th July, 2012, 08:16 PM
well to be fair,
its not right been allowed to join a league at another teams expense...

when the decision was made to refuse entry into the SPL then this is the only sensible option left...

i wouldn't like my team to be ousted at the expense of another, so fair is fair.

and this way, it will put all the consipiricy theorys to bed.

no-one (no-one in their right mind lol)can now claim rangers get preferential treatment.

we shall have to dig deep, take our punishment and hopefully move on...

opsmonkey
13th July, 2012, 08:49 PM
If not mistaken all the people involved in the wrong doing are no longer at the club, most of the players are leaving now, strikes me the only people being punished are the fans. Seems football the world over is run by corrupt officials that don't give a Shit about those that go week in week out to support their team.

Not a Rangers fan, not a Scottish football fan but can sympathise with the fans here, they are the only ones to miss out

gracieboo
13th July, 2012, 08:55 PM
Brilliant news i think its the outcome the fans wanted. I would love to know what price rangers would be to win 4 consecutive titles.:unionflag:

Snowy79
13th July, 2012, 09:11 PM
The descision has saved Rangers fans from a future of abuse at the hands of their opponents so it's a better result, if not the one a lot wanted.

Scottish club owners will suffer as they won't have spare money to cream off to pay the directors and I'm sure if the banks call the debts in a few clubs will go to the wall and I'm sure ripples will head South to the English clubs.

In all honesty who could name the teams in the third division or even the second division. If Scotland ends up with only 10 professional teams it will be a bonus and maybe each team will have their fair share of decent players, instead of it being monopolised by the two with the money. (make that one now).

johnboy1974
14th July, 2012, 05:13 AM
Starting again from the bottom of the pile seems fair game to me and it's what rangers should have been seeking all along. The grounds of these clubs won't be able to cope with the impact of all the away supporters who will follow rangers so the third division won't be able to benefit fully from rangers being in that division. Im pretty sure the rangers fans will never forget the spl teams who voted them out.

mik25
14th July, 2012, 10:13 AM
A realistic evaluation...

So, youve just been dropped into Division Three, lost most of your players (with more surely to leave now) and the ones that remain are on wages unsustainable on the revenues that can be generated at that level of football - What do you do?

They have taken upon a club that was run unsustainably and have been placed in a situation where they shall be unsustainable once more. While Rangers will have a substantially higher level of income than any other club in the division, it will be lower by far than ever before.

The players who remain have to leave the club. Even the youth wages Rangers pay are far higher than the average wage in the rest of the division and it is hard to believe that any senior players can be afforded by the club.

One may compare them to Gretna. While Gretna were bankrolled by Brooks Mileson at a loss (and could be) by utilising senior journeymen (Deuchar et al) to go up the leagues, NewCo cannot run at a loss - were they to go into debt, they would not be given much leeway and they do not have a willing benefactor to take up the slack (the men behind Rangers NewCo may be wealthy, but they have shown themselves to be unwilling to commit even their identities to being associated with the club, never mind their money).

One could compare them to Leeds. However Leeds actually made money in losing their stars. Rangers simply walked out of the door as fast as they could.

One could compare them to Portsmouth. Except Portsmouth have the goodwill of most of football (aside from the guy at Fratton Park who has that bloody bell - he can get lost) behind them and no shortage of people queueing to try and help the club.

We have turned from a situation where Charles Greens unique interpretation of TUPE has gone to one where all players must go at all costs.

They have two weeks before the season starts, in which they have to sell as many season tickets as they can or resolve to simply sell tickets at the gate and just try half-season tickets.

That is not a recipe to make money, that is a recipe to lose money.

There is then the ominous spectre of BDO, who have so far remained silent. They have the power to overturn the sale to Sevco should they so wish. Its an unlikely scenario growing more improbable by the day as Rangers NewCo are shown to be unprofitable.

The question Im wondering isnt How will Rangers do? its Will Rangers even play?

Make no mistake, it is not affordable to keep any senior players on the books - the only players the club can afford in the short term are youth players and any journeymen they can find. Even then, there will have to be wage cuts. Anyone expecting Rangers to waltz through Division Three are mistaken. The very players that are all Rangers can afford right now are the very players who havent played for the first team before, who may have been out on loan in the Third last year.

When it comes to affordable players right now, Rangers have 1 keeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 striker on their books. I would even describe Kirk Broadfoot as an unnecessary luxury that Rangers will simply be unable to afford. They need, in the space of the next 14 days, to offload every player but those six and get cheap replacements to the tune of 10-15 players.

I hope you get the idea of how big a task is on Ally McCoists hands. The most effective tactic may, in fact, to actually abide by TUPE law and simply release everyone from their employ. After all, they are building an almost entirely new team, they may as well build an actually entirely new team.

Assuming Rangers are ready to play in 2 weeks, they will be poor. They have had no pre-season whatsoever, as everyone cancelled their friendlies. They will be strangers. When they line up for the first match as Rangers NewCo, they will lose. They could keep their best youth talents and they will still lose. It is improbable that they will be up and running at anything resembling their potential before October, by which time they could be out of two cups and well behind in the league, if one other team excels throughout the season.

And, more importantly, by which time the fans will have lost patience. Crowds will have plummeted (and will hardly be raised by Rangers slowly matching expectations) and the players, coaching staff and board wont just be under fire, there will be a full on napalm attack from fans.

Which poses a real question - what do Sevco do? That things have gotten this close to the beginning of the season make it unlikely they will be able to field a competitive side due to the mass recruitment drive required. It will be difficult, even, for them to field a full bench on the first day of the season.

Not just difficult. Improbable.

There are then policing costs, which will be just as high (if not, considering feelings in the fanbase, higher) than they were in the SPL.

There are ground maintenance costs which, as Ibrox (if we take Hampden out of the equation as Queens Park dont maintain it) is by far the biggest ground in the division AND the one requiring the most maintenance, will be just as high as they were in the SPL.

There are training costs. Murray Park didnt magically shrink in size - they will be maintaining a training facility built for Europe on much reduced revenues.

Let me be clear with the picture I am painting. Not only do I firmly believe that Rangers will be unable to field a competitive team on the first day of the season, I firmly believe that there isnt much hope (unless Rangers fans match or surpass their ability to delve into their pockets as last season) of Rangers NewCo breaking even to the extent that a second liquidation is an inevitability.

But this wont be a liquidation like the last one. This wont be one with a prelude of interest, a subtext of skullduggery, accusations and allegations flying about, with false hopes, new dawns and fan power.

This will be a liquidation of finality. This will be a club at which it is not possible to turn a profit dying because they are simply not financially viable.

This will be the end of Rangers in any form. They will be dead, buried and locked out of a league system that they fought to preserve.

Financial Armageddon? You bet, but not for who you think.

So what do Rangers do?

The only, and I mean ONLY, option they have is to lobby as hard as they can for SPL2 to be instituted in the next fortnight. This will not be lobbying, this will be based on open threats to leave the league, a refusal to play.

Rangers are worth more with Ibrox demolished and built on for housing than they are a Division Three club - unless they can rig the system so they get back into the SPL within a season (and, in all seriousness, in their financial state, they will be lucky to last a season) then the only option left for Sevco is to raze the property to the ground and build on the ashes.

And, if youre a Rangers fan, would you really want to bet against Charles Green doing exactly that?

HibbyDave
14th July, 2012, 11:50 AM
It's not going to be as easy as sevco think to get promotion from div 3, Elgin have just released a statement: for every 1p Sevco FC spend they will spend 2p........:ciao:

C64
14th July, 2012, 11:17 PM
I can't wait until they get promoted to Division 2 and they visit Coatbridge and Albion Rovers pump them. ;)

SIMPLY THE BEST
14th July, 2012, 11:36 PM
I can't wait until they get promoted to Division 2 and they visit Coatbridge and Albion Rovers pump them. ;)

In yer dreams

shankill2012
15th July, 2012, 12:30 AM
ST MIRREN chairman Stewart Gilmour last night branded the SFL clubs? (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/332930#) decision to send Rangers into the Third Division as ?catastrophic? for the Paisley side and predicted five top-tier outfits could be in administration within weeks. This is horrific news for St Mirren Football Club," Gilmour told the Paisley Daily Express.
"The consequences are terrible - catastrophic even. The St Mirren board will meet in the days after the SPL meeting (on Monday) and decide what is the best way forward but we are already looking at major redundancies. :musicus:

C64
15th July, 2012, 12:41 AM
"The consequences are terrible - catastrophic even. The St Mirren board will meet in the days after the SPL meeting (on Monday) and decide what is the best way forward but we are already looking at major redundancies. :musicus:

And who is to blame?

If Rangers had paid their taxes and played fair then none of this would have happened.

Murray and Whyte may just have killed off Scottish football as we know it but as long as they enjoyed their tainted titles then that's ok.

C64
15th July, 2012, 12:49 AM
In yer dreams

I suppose yer right mate.

Expecting promotion to Div 2 to play the mighty Rovers within a year is a bit ambitious.;)

:celticparty:

SIMPLY THE BEST
15th July, 2012, 03:57 AM
And who is to blame?

If Rangers had paid their taxes and played fair then none of this would have happened.

Murray and Whyte may just have killed off Scottish football as we know it but as long as they enjoyed their tainted titles then that's ok.

The people who run the game are to blame the SFA/SPL couldn't run a bath they allowed this to happen and they only have themselves to blame.

The blaming Rangers routine is wearing very thin now and only used by bitter fans towards them and that will always be the way for small minded people.

At the end of the day the way football has been allowed to run is rotten to the core, and if what has happened with Rangers and others learn from it then that can only be a good thing.

vorlon2257
15th July, 2012, 07:35 AM
Gotta agree, the lets blame Rangers for the state of Scottish Football is becoming boring, I'd suggest SFA, SPL, SFL and that the rest of the clubs take a good hard look at themselves first, Rangers have been found Guilty, Punished and demoted to the Scottish D3 league, I suppose that's not enough for some on here.

You know it reminds me of another 2 other things that actually have the same topic but I'm not going to mention it after reading posts elsewhere on the forum.

lac
15th July, 2012, 09:52 AM
Not in Scotland, could someone please explain why it's OK for SPL clubs to reject Rangers from joining their league,but it's not OK for the SFL to let them join their 3rd division.
Seems like the SPL want to hold their heads high but the SFL clubs should take a bribe or listen to threats.

shankill2012
15th July, 2012, 10:02 AM
And who is to blame?

Yeah its getting boring now - the lets jump up and down on rangers heads attitude From the minority of rangers haters on the forum and the trolls of the rangers threads said these things wouldn't happen and the spl would carry on as normal - looks like they are maybe wrong - AGAIN ! :unionflag:

vorlon2257
15th July, 2012, 10:06 AM
Being realistic here, who the hell gonna watch the SPL now, the only thing that was worth watching was the old firm derby.

DOUGALMCD
15th July, 2012, 11:31 AM
Blame has to be apportioned and not to blame sevco 5088 would defy logic. The world will not end if teams in scottish football go to the wall. It will be because they were hopeless at running a business in the first place and due to their mismanagement. Then maybe those that are left can pay footballers what they deserve. So we won't get sky money and we won't be in europe but they will be playing for their jerseys again. They have all been overpaid for long enough. For too long people have been living outwith their means now it's time to sort it.

Logic - A reasoned thought or argument, as distinguished from irrationality.

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 12:33 PM
lol offcourse the club formally known as rangers are to blame they abused tax loopholes, then refused to pay their taxbill. they used money they didnt have running up huge bills to win trophies again with money they didnt have,
if you take out credit cards and buy stuff you cant afford you cant say its the banks fault for giving me the card... you have the responsibility to live within their means, all these gers fans who loved the for every fiver they spend stuff its coming back to haunt them now.

ENjoy Division 3:-)

shankill2012
15th July, 2012, 12:53 PM
lol offcourse the club formally known as rangers are to blame they abused tax loopholes, then refused to pay their taxbill. they used money they didnt have running up huge bills to win trophies again with money they didnt have,
if you take out credit cards and buy stuff you cant afford you cant say its the banks fault for giving me the card... you have the responsibility to live within their means, all these gers fans who loved the for every fiver they spend stuff its coming back to haunt them now.

ENjoy Division 3:-)
Change the record - all that stuffs been said a hundred times , We will be back , when we do come back it will be Celtic who will be haunted !

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 12:55 PM
by the time you get back (if you do indeed get back) sevco will be so far behind they will struggle to qualify for europe.. sevco compare what they have went trhough with what leeds went through, (they are still struggling)

C64
15th July, 2012, 01:28 PM
Some Sevco fans really need a reality check.

"it's getting boring", "Change the record"....

Why, because you know your club is to blame for what may or may not happen to Scottish football?

thecelticfan
15th July, 2012, 01:52 PM
Recent events will make Scottish football a more level playing field as clubs have to cut their cloths accordingly.

The five clubs teetering on being insolvent should look at their wage bills and pay off the players they cannot afford and give the youth a chance.

This is a great opportunity to fix the Scottish game to get the youth playing rather than purchasing in players that the teams just cannot afford.

It's not the grounds that are the problem its the wage bills!

shellbob
15th July, 2012, 02:14 PM
Other clubs will definitely go in to administration will be interesting to see what happens there but at the end of the day it is the right decision but to impose anymore sanctions is just showing their hatred of Rangers.We have a new song to sing anyway,Rangers till July:unionflag:

SIMPLY THE BEST
15th July, 2012, 02:56 PM
Makes you wonder when chairmen are coming out and saying what they are saying about there own clubs finances regarding the Rangers situation and them dropping down to Div 3.

Is this just a cover up for the dire circumstances they say they will be in and again using Rangers to mask there own financial running of there clubs, i suspect it might just be exactly that and now they are maybe flapping that they are going to get found out how badly they are running there own clubs watch this space lol lol lol.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/599993_401551596557903_1370060271_n.jpg

shankill2012
15th July, 2012, 03:06 PM

Why, because you know your club is to blame for what may or may not happen to Scottish football?
No - because its been said a hundred times, ! how has it came around that scottish football is in such a mess ? is it because one team (rangers) are now not in the spl - dont think so.

Hoppy01
15th July, 2012, 03:24 PM
Recent events will make Scottish football a more level playing field as clubs have to cut their cloths accordingly.

The five clubs teetering on being insolvent should look at their wage bills and pay off the players they cannot afford and give the youth a chance.

This is a great opportunity to fix the Scottish game to get the youth playing rather than purchasing in players that the teams just cannot afford.

It's not the grounds that are the problem its the wage bills!

Its good to see someone taking a alternative and positive view on this mess.
Rangers management made a complete arse of things and its the fans that will pay the price.
A don't think Rangers can be blamed for any future problems that other Scottish teams might have, the Scottish game was pretty much humped before Rangers went to the wall.

For years the SFA and their bunch of corrupt cronies have bled the game dry and failed to move with the times.
A mean 4 leagues in a country with a small population of just over 5 million, some clubs can hardly pull in 100 people at the weekend, thats non league football and kills the standard of the game.

Its not just Rangers who will have to change, its everything in Scottish football..

thecelticfan
15th July, 2012, 04:11 PM
Its good to see someone taking a alternative and positive view on this mess.
Rangers management made a complete arse of things and its the fans that will pay the price.
A don't think Rangers can be blamed for any future problems that other Scottish teams might have, the Scottish game was pretty much humped before Rangers went to the wall.

For years the SFA and their bunch of corrupt cronies have bled the game dry and failed to move with the times.
A mean 4 leagues in a country with a small population of just over 5 million, some clubs can hardly pull in 100 people at the weekend, thats non league football and kills the standard of the game.

Its not just Rangers who will have to change, its everything in Scottish football..

Correct Hoppy the new club cannot be blamed for anything the previous club did as it is starting from scratch.

Scottish football, like most other leagues, was/is in a dire state of affairs.

Half of the Old firm knew that the SFA/SPL were incompetent but we were classed as paranoid.

What gets me is how little Scotland receive in TV money compared to similar countries.

As a Celtic fan I am not burying my head in the sand over this. It will affect my club severely and we will have to cut our cloth. Although to be fair it has been cut since MON left. The other teams in the SPL wanted the old firm to leave them to their own devices. Well now they have.

Lets see how it pans out!

barrowmanandrew
15th July, 2012, 05:20 PM

rangers fans had NO SAY WHATSOEVER in past irregularlities at the club.

on the other hand, SPL fans of other clubs have had a huge say in the punishment now dished out...

if the league goes tits up, then who is to blame?

raerae1123
15th July, 2012, 05:58 PM
i think they should be allowed bck in the spl

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 05:58 PM

on the other hand, SPL fans of other clubs have had a huge say in the punishment now dished out...

No say?
hmm they had an opportunity to invest heavily in a similar way to the way celtic fans did from memory they pumped in circa 50k with David Murray forced to underwrite the rest, celtic fans pumped in circa21m
Celtic fans didnt like the way the club was ran and done something about it
Rangers fans lapped up the way the club was ran and when it went wrong they have done little to save the club.

other than moan.

SIMPLY THE BEST
15th July, 2012, 06:02 PM

Rangers are of course the whole of Scotlands woes are Rangers fault, i am hearing on the grapevine that this recent bad weather is being blamed on Rangers as well lol lol lol :roflmao:

barrowmanandrew
15th July, 2012, 06:03 PM
No say?
hmm they had an opportunity to invest heavily in a similar way to the way celtic fans did from memory they pumped in circa 50k with David Murray forced to underwrite the rest, celtic fans pumped in circa21m
Celtic fans didnt like the way the club was ran and done something about it
Rangers fans lapped up the way the club was ran and when it went wrong they have done little to save the club.

other than moan.

maybe you misread the post.

i said Rangers fans played no part in the financial irregularites of the past...

seems like you are answering questions to suite yourself...

so you are saying rangers fans did have a say in the matter?

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 06:09 PM
maybe you misread the post.

i said Rangers fans played no part in the financial irregularites of the past...

seems like you are answering questions to suite yourself...

so you are saying rangers fans did have a say in the matter?

im saying rangers fans laughed when they were told the club was heading for meltdown, laughed at the likes of the rangerstaxblog and philmac etc.. said it was nonsense
look at how celtic fans enforced change in 94, look at the people and numbers involved? not just a handful listening to bomberbrown on the steps 2 months 2 late!
so yes im saying rangers fans could have had a say but chose not to.

barrowmanandrew
15th July, 2012, 06:14 PM
well its off topic,
but i do not think you can compare the situations like for like.

any money celtic fans put in (and they did dig depp) stayed at the club.

any money rangers fans would have put put in would have gone straight to the bank.

so not really like for like.

anyways, who is moaning?

afaik 80% of rangers fans preferred to start in the 3rd division rather that the 1st.
and rangers have stated they will not oppose the decision...

so everyone should be happy?
maybe we should agree to agree for once.. lol

thecelticfan
15th July, 2012, 06:15 PM

Rangers have not been punished. Rangers are currently being liquidated.

A new club has entered the SFL and have not been shoe horned into the SPL or Division 1 of the SFL.

Which is how it should be.

Scotland has to wake up. That is one team gone and I see more following. As I said before we have to look at this as a starting point to get it correct.

All the best to the new club. I hope to see them back near the top soon otherwise it will be a sorry state of affairs.

SIMPLY THE BEST
15th July, 2012, 06:18 PM
im saying rangers fans laughed when they were told the club was heading for meltdown, laughed at the likes of the rangerstaxblog and philmac etc.. said it was nonsense
look at how celtic fans enforced change in 94, look at the people and numbers involved? not just a handful listening to bomberbrown on the steps 2 months 2 late!
so yes im saying rangers fans could have had a say but chose not to.

Totally different set of circumstances whyte had no intention other than putting Rangers into admin then his partners in crime duff and phelps into forcing them into liquidation.

The Rangers fans have been royally shafted by whyte and we will just have to live with that imagine if fergus had done what whyte has done then the boot would be on the other foot, and don't be suckered into this fans are everything nonsense they are just a convienant tool brought out every now and again by chairmen to bleed them out of more money.

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 06:25 PM
Totally different set of circumstances whyte had no intention other than putting Rangers into admin then his partners in crime duff and phelps into forcing them into liquidation.

The Rangers fans have been royally shafted by whyte and we will just have to live with that imagine if fergus had done what whyte has done then the boot would be on the other foot, and don't be suckered into this fans are everything nonsense they are just a convienant tool brought out every now and again by chairmen to bleed them out of more money.

well murray had them for sale for 3 years, whyte bought the club for 1p paying off 18m debts, surely a consortium of rangers fans together could have put a better offer on the table but they didnt, so you reap what you sow

barrowmanandrew
15th July, 2012, 06:28 PM
well murray had them for sale for 3 years, whyte bought the club for 1p paying off 18m debts, surely a consortium of rangers fans together could have put a better offer on the table but they didnt, so you reap what you sow

would still be in the same position though.

any money would have gone straight to the creditors.

damage was already done..

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 06:33 PM
would still be in the same position though.

any money would have gone straight to the creditors.

damage was already done..

disagree you would have been debt free, the 18m was never cleared as he raised the 18m through a loan from ticketus meaning it was then owed, so if a consortium invested 18m surely then it would be stronger than the likes of craig whyte running the club? rangers fans *could* have prevented liquadation but chose not to

barrowmanandrew
15th July, 2012, 06:40 PM
i think the 18million was the least of our worries..

http://www.rangers.co.uk/staticFiles/fe/a8/0,,5~174334,00.pdf

anyways, we are way off topic

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 06:41 PM
surely the root cause of why sevco will play in division 3 is on topic?

barrowmanandrew
15th July, 2012, 06:44 PM
aye it is,
but celtic ploughing money into their cub when rangers didn't and the reasoning behind it isn't.

so to get back on topic:

do you think rangers starting life in the 3rd division is the correct decision or not?

PremierD
15th July, 2012, 06:47 PM
Ok .. its settled then .. Rangers play in the third division .. and Celtic play somewhere else .. so lets all just live with it shall we .. I'm getting fed up closing threads and canning fuds who do not listen ...

colin mckenzie
15th July, 2012, 06:51 PM
aye it is,
but celtic ploughing money into their cub when rangers didn't and the reasoning behind it isn't.

so to get back on topic:

do you think rangers starting life in the 3rd division is the correct decision or not?

its a difficult one, i guess to counter i would ask if it were hearts i would say 100% they should be in div3, so i guess using the logic rules should be same for Celtic and the old rangers, still will miss a glasgow derby game, obviously there will not be another old firm game again but a glasgow derby game will be missed.

SIMPLY THE BEST
15th July, 2012, 06:52 PM
aye it is,

so to get back on topic:

Yes it is the correct decision even if it means a few clubs go to the wall as someone said u reap what you sow.

I don't know tho if it's as bad as they are painting it time will tell.