PDA

View Full Version : c15 speed sensor calibration

dlogi
13th July, 2012, 09:57 PM
I have a 6NZ engine with a fault code that the two speed sensors are not calibrated. I confirmed that both sensors work individually by unpluging one with the motor running. How do I fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

oldford
14th July, 2012, 08:29 AM
What's the exact fault code, with number if possible?
Wit "speed sensors" you mean: engine speed sensors or crankshaft and camshaft sensors? Then probably you have a timing problem with the distribution.

toshor
14th July, 2012, 03:18 PM
I have a 6NZ engine with a fault code that the two speed sensors are not calibrated. I confirmed that both sensors work individually by unpluging one with the motor running. How do I fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
Hi to all dk I had a speed sensor cal problem too , code was 22-11 (42) I had used the cat tool to set the back lash spec is 4.5 thou " to 8.5 " thou ,have done many before no prob
had 8" thou, code was still there reset to 5" thou code was still there was told to remove camshaft speed sensor and holder and make sure the tooth of the cam gear was in the centre off the hole mine was not in the centre,I repined the flywheel and line the mark at 12 oclock and make sure the tooth is in the centre of the hole of the cam sensor and set the back lash as close as u can I got 13 thou was told up to 15 thou is still ok , this fixed it hope this helps

Brodogn1
25th July, 2012, 06:55 AM
Have you changed the cylinder head? What repairs where you doing prior to cause this code. Generally this code is a result of a repair to the engine usually the replacement of a cat reman cyclinder head. As a factory tech there have been times when the lash had to be set as high as .020" to bring the timing mark closer to the 12 o clock position on the gear case. I have set several of these engines at this spec with no problems. Hit me up if you need additional help. Brodogn1