PDA

View Full Version : Got Pi running as oscam server ?

ITS A SCAM !
15th July, 2012, 12:08 AM
Has anyone on here got a Pi up and running with Oscam ??

digicon
16th July, 2012, 04:40 PM
Has anyone on here got a Pi up and running with Oscam ??

It has been done but no tutorials as yet , still awaiting mine for delivery.

digicon
19th July, 2012, 04:48 PM
Found it all credit to original author disfido and ten below for the translation

[HOWTO] Oscam On Raspberrypi With PCSC Reader

I have translated this guide from Italian, all credit to the original author disfido.

Several users have asked me how to configure oscam on this device, here we are. In this guide I will show you how to install archlinux distribution, compiled for the ARM architecture, and how to configure our raspberry oscam with pcsc reader.

The minimum requirements of this guide are:

minimum knowledge of the environment linux
minimum knowledge of the distribution archlinux

1. BRIEF INTRODUCTION TO THE DISTRO
Like all Linux distributions that also includes the official repositories (core, extra, community) within which, depending on the type, are collected all the software pre-compiled binary (self-installing file). In our case, precompiled for the architecture of raspberry pi (armv6).
The software binaries are installed in the system using a package manager, pacman in our case.

In addition to the repositories "official" is added to a park called AUR software maintained by users, which are usually collected in developing software or not known. The characteristic of AUR is that does not contain precompiled binaries but only PKGBUILD. A PKGBUILD is a descriptive file which represents the source for the creation of a binary package.

To be clear, if we want to package for archlinux a new software we create a PKGBUILD and build our self-installing binary using the tools provided by the distro.

2. INSTALLATION OF THE SYSTEM
We download the system image
Code:
Downloads | Raspberry Pi (http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads)
We write the system image on the sd be incorporated into the raspberry:

for Linux: dd (already in the system)
Windows users: Win32DiskImager
Code:
Download Win32 Disk Imager 0.6 r46 Free - Easily write IMG to USB cards - Softpedia (http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Win32-Disk-Imager.shtml)
WARNING!
Whether you use dd is Win32DiskImager I recommend you pay attention to the location of the device. If you were to mistakenly give the command to write it on another device (your hard drive) will lose all data in an instant.

Another thing, do not attempt to install the system on a USB device because it would not start, boot the system of raspberry is supported only by sd for the moment. All commands below should be run as root.

3. FIRST START AND CONFIGURATION OF THE SYSTEM
Once written the image inserted in the sd raspberry and start it ... the first time can be slower than the next. I remember that archlinux is a minimalist distro does not install any GUI by default. Any software not required to be installed by you later.

Once you have finished booting login: username: root, password: root;
First we make the upgrade of the system with pacman:

Code:
pacman -Syu
Now we create a new user, use the adduser and follow the prompts:

Code:
adduser [username]

To configure the network, keyboard layout, and the list of services to start automatically on power up, edit the file / etc / rc.conf using vi or nano (nano advice for beginners):

Code:
nano /etc/rc.conf

I do not dwell on what the configuration file is commented to allow you to properly understand the significance of different parameters. Alternatively you can consult the wiki Archlinux, one clear and comprehensive. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Rc.conf_ (Italian)

Once the changes are saved to the file and reboot with the command "reboot".

4. PCSC PLAYER INSTALLATION
Install the tools needed for the functioning of our reader usb pcsc.

Code:
pacman -Sy pscslite pcsc-tools

Now add to the list of demons pcscd startup in / etc / rc.conf, so that the reader's recognition service to start automatically on power.

Code:
nano /etc/rc.conf
Bring to the last line and add to the list of queued pcscd daemons like this
DAEMONS = (syslog-ng network crond pcscd)

Save and restart.

Now we test the operation of the reader. After the reboot login again made***8203;***8203;, connect the player to pcsc raspberry, insert the card, and test that everything works properly with the command pcsc_scan.

Code:
pcsc_scan
If all goes well, you get output like this:

PC/SC device scannerV 1.4.16 (c) 2001-2009, Ludovic Rousseau Compiled with PC/SC lite version: 1.5.5Scanning present readers...0: OMNIKEY CardMan 5x21 00 001: OMNIKEY CardMan 5x21 00 01 Sun Feb 21 18:21:05 2010 Reader 0: OMNIKEY CardMan 5x21 00 00 Card state: Card removed, Sun Feb 21 18:21:05 2010 Reader 1: OMNIKEY CardMan 5x21 00 01 Card state: Card removed, Sun Feb 21 18:21:11 2010 Reader 1: OMNIKEY CardMan 5x21 00 01 Card state: Card inserted, ATR: 3B 89 80 01 4A 43 4F 50 34 31 56 32 32 4D ATR: 3B 89 80 01 4A 43 4F 50 34 31 56 32 32 4D+ TS = 3B --> Direct Convention+ T0 = 89, Y(1): 1000, K: 9 (historical bytes) TD(1) = 80 --> Y(i+1) = 1000, Protocol T = 0 ----- TD(2) = 01 --> Y(i+1) = 0000, Protocol T = 1 -----+ Historical bytes: 4A 43 4F 50 34 31 56 32 32 Category indicator byte: 4A (proprietary format)+ TCK = 4D (correct checksum) Possibly identified card (using /usr/share/pcsc/smartcard_list.txt):3B 89 80 01 4A 43 4F 50 34 31 56 32 32 4D New Zealand e-Passport
Now that the reader is working to install oscam.

5. INSTALLING OSCAM
Unfortunately oscam software does not fall before anyone else present in the official repositories, you must then create their own self-installing binary package starting from this PKGBUILD in AUR (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45647). Utilizzermo svn version, namely that of development.

For the more lazy I already created the self-installing binary attachment in this post, then the installation can still choose between two alternatives: use the precompiled binary oscam from me, or fill you oscam starting from the PKGBUILD. Obviously the second alternative gives you the most current version. I'll show them to you both.

INSTALLATION PKG precompiled
The forum did not allow me to load the file in its original format (tar.xz) so I renamed tar. Download the pkg with the wget command, rename it and install it with pacman tar.xz

Code:
wget http://oscam.to/wbb3/index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=14434&h=98a8e399d11463f6a1e98443a77412eb8efdd61d
mv oscam-svn-7083-1-arm.pkg.tar oscam-svn-7083-1-arm.pkg.tar.xz
pacman -U oscam-svn-7083-1-arm.pkg.tar.xz
COMPILATION AND INSTALLATION FROM AUR
First you need to install compilation tools

Code:

pacman -Sy base-devel
Download the archive containing the PKGBUILD from AUR, untar,

Code:
wget https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/os/oscam-svn/oscam-svn.tar.gz
tar xzfv oscam-svn.tar.gz
Now edit the file with nano PKGBUILD with adding "arm" to the list of supported architectures
arch = ('i686' 'x86_64' 'arm')

Finally, create and install the binary with makepkg. WARNING give the command makepkg as a normal user, not root!

Code:
wget https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/os/oscam-svn/oscam-svn.tar.gz
tar xzfv oscam-svn.tar.gz
cd oscam-svn
makepkg -si
Since we are compiling the source with a 700Mhz processor the process will take several minutes. Maybe then we can draw up a guide for cross-compilation.

Finally, enter the configuration file oscam in the / etc / oscam and add to the list of daemons to start as we did previously with pcscd.
DAEMONS = (syslog-ng network crond oscam pcscd)

I hope I have not forgotten anything and that the guide is clear and useful. Obviously, criticism and feedback are always welcome, disfido

ITS A SCAM !
19th July, 2012, 07:42 PM
Thanks for that ... i will give it a go when i have time .....;)

TheCoder
20th July, 2012, 01:36 AM
hmm, somebody has made that far too simple ;)

Fairly logical though as Oscam (and various other CS cams) have been running on some routers for quite a while now (many routers have a very similar Broadcom processor to the Pi). Its really just a matter of making sure you have a cardreader thats supported (either usb or serial) and then compiling the cam sources for the relevant processor.

digicon
20th July, 2012, 01:46 AM
hmm, somebody has made that far too simple ;)

Fairly logical though as Oscam (and various other CS cams) have been running on some routers for quite a while now (many routers have a very similar Broadcom processor to the Pi). Its really just a matter of making sure you have a cardreader thats supported (either usb or serial) and then compiling the cam sources for the relevant processor.

You make that sound very easy LOL, i ordered the Pi just to reminisce about the good old days of having a ZX81 hoping to shift a few cobwebs with the Pi and maybe get excited again as i did in the 80's. I shan't be holding my breath baby steps an all

jfazzie
16th December, 2012, 12:34 AM
Now that is cool...