PDA

View Full Version : Keep having to power off VU+ Duo Clone when searching for satellites

Paulio
15th July, 2012, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone - some advice please. I am fairly new to the whole thing but I was wondering if you could tell me if its normal to keep having to turn a box on and off when flicking via satellites.

What it is, is that I am currently on a 24hr test and as such I am scanning through as many channel lists as possible. But then every so often it wont pick the pictures up. So I manually turn the receiver (Vuo +Duo Clone) off and then on and start again.

Some advice would be appreicated :).

Thanks

Paul

cactikid
15th July, 2012, 04:03 PM
have you got a motorised sat dish? maybe psu not the best on those clones for turning dish.

Paulio
15th July, 2012, 04:05 PM
Yes I do have a motorised dish. 98cm

Bann32
15th July, 2012, 05:02 PM
The power supply in the clones is naff, I had to replace mine also mate, you can get one ?25 all in from our a certain popular Chinese supplier.

cactikid
15th July, 2012, 05:07 PM
curious if you looked on the boards for water damage and rust as boxes go down alot.

Paulio
15th July, 2012, 05:12 PM
Well considering its a new box - that would suck if I had to replace the PSU already :(. Who would that supplier be can you inbox me?

cactikid
15th July, 2012, 05:28 PM
so you did no research before buying this box,use the search button to see photos and psu going down all in the vu+duo section
i only use original boxes as it saves buying twice when warranty may be of no use.

Paulio
15th July, 2012, 05:52 PM
To be fair that's a pretty accurate statement - I did no research as a friend of mine kind of got me into this so I was led to a degree.

Sure thing perhaps I should have just swallowed the extra 150 quid . We all live and learn

cactikid
15th July, 2012, 06:22 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/duo-clone-broke-afternoon-help-271538/

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f193/vu-duo-clone-laid-bare-271604/

digicon
16th July, 2012, 01:37 AM
If you have an internal hard drive fitted and even an external USB fitted take these out and try again as the PSU struggles to power a Motor, Hard Drive & USB all at the same time, Using just the box with nothing else could cure your problem or maybe not.

It's all a process of elimination to see what may be causing the problem