PDA

View Full Version : VW TOUAREG and Miracle A5

obdmaster
16th July, 2012, 04:42 PM
Got a 2005 touareg in today for spare key.

Is the unprogrammed key, meant to turn in electronic ignition switch??

I think its meant too, because at one point i had no keys programmed and the original key would turn , even though not giving ign on.

I tried cutting key normal and with extra cut using miracle A5 but none would turn ign, thus disabling me from programming key.

Tried silca blank key and china blank hu66 to no avail!!!

But both keys would fit door barrell perfectly.

Has anyone else come across this????

lockdecoders
17th July, 2012, 02:33 PM
you cannot turn the ign with an unprogrammed key

Automat
17th July, 2012, 03:36 PM
With this Toureg, do you need to have the ignition turned on in order to program the key?
What happens when all the keys are lost? I have never done one of these cars, can you share a solution?

totalkey
17th July, 2012, 03:56 PM
short fuses, there is manual from abritus

obdmaster
17th July, 2012, 04:30 PM
you cannot turn the ign with an unprogrammed key

Thank you for reply.

Are you 100% sure about this?? because like i said at one point i had no keys programmed, but original key still turned in switch but did nothing??? And i was using avdi to program key id46 in cipher mode with all 7 bytes of cs loaded, it said to put each key in crank position till electronic steering lock is released!!! But my replacement wouldnt turn to crank position!!

Automat
17th July, 2012, 07:59 PM
short fuses, there is manual from abritus

Do you have a copy of the page from the manual for the procedure?
Thanks for any help.....

hauwkee
18th July, 2012, 05:57 AM
like to see that

yugo45
19th July, 2012, 05:49 AM
2003-2007 model:
If all Keys are new OR the first inserted Key is new, the Ignition will NOT switch ON with this key.

Put the first Key into the ignition Lock, but do NOT switch ON the ignition.
Press and Hold the Brake Pedal for 20 Seconds to wake up the Diagnostic Databus.

VW Touareg (7L) Access/Start Authorization - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Touareg_%287L%29_Access/Start_Authorization)

cheester
29th September, 2012, 12:18 AM
Hi all
One question, I was using touareg without any problems, went to shop, closed the car, and droped the key on the ground, after while I back to car, open doors, put the key turn but got message ''imobiliser activated'', can not swich ignition on.
Can not scan the car, solution with hold brake pedal will swich the ign on?

nutloose
29th September, 2012, 01:33 AM
Cheester.... no
try to see where the board is damaged. when you dropped it the shock must have damaged a joint or something

just FYI

the ignition switch on the toerag with the keyhole in the dashboard is not dependent on the key "cut". they will turn with any key. Only a programmed key will power on the ignition.

cheester
29th September, 2012, 12:31 PM
ANy change to bridge fuses to swich ignition on?? On avidi manual I was reading about this. Or this is no safe method?

nutloose the remote board is very simple, everything looks ok. Remote keys working perfect, IR working, on the top the board is a square plastic with coil inside, maybe this went down?? How can I check it?

ninja123
29th September, 2012, 05:07 PM
check continuity with a multi meter, if no continuity, then coil is damaged (the most easily damaged part!!)

ninja