PDA

View Full Version : Warning The Gemini Project 4.60 No Bomb Image Warning

bog1
2nd February, 2009, 05:04 AM
(Warning) The Gemini Project 4.60 No Bomb Image this is a warnig about this image. i thort i whold put this up so ppl whold not get the problams like befor. even if the bomb has been removed it could be put back on to the image by gemini vir inter net update by gemini. ppl gemini is not safe never will be. especially on a clone receiver. The software does not have the power to stop any further up dates that Gemini may send in the future across the Internet (Warning)

afeno
13th November, 2009, 08:59 PM
Is this true?
I believe that it should be a way to stoping a software upgrade.
Why don?t to block all the ports except the ones really needed?

Regards,
Afeno

cain077
13th November, 2009, 10:48 PM
hi to all, i am new here.you have to change a mac adress

cain077
13th November, 2009, 10:50 PM
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/dreambox-dm500-mac-address-generator-utility-11813/

opsmonkey
15th November, 2009, 12:10 AM
Use Gemini 4.2 then.. thats the safest option if you want to use a Gemini Image
I have a genuine Dreambox 500S and i have been using Gemini 4.2 since the day i bought it..
2 years ago.. Never seen the need to update it, it does what it needs to do without any problems

on_the_jazz
15th November, 2009, 11:45 PM
How can Gemini send updates across the internet? Are you saying the boxes periodically connect to the Gemini server to check for updates? I don't think this is true since it is a manual option. Even when you actually want to upgrade (ie for a genuine box) you have to confirm that you definitely want to update, its not a background process afaik.

Nibor
2nd December, 2009, 09:53 AM
How can Gemini send updates across the internet? Are you saying the boxes periodically connect to the Gemini server to check for updates? I don't think this is true since it is a manual option. Even when you actually want to upgrade (ie for a genuine box) you have to confirm that you definitely want to update, its not a background process afaik.

Thats true, you HAVE to do this manually, BUT, if you have a clone box, and updates, you WILL risk the bomb...

But it will NOT do this by it self !

satman
2nd December, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but if gemini really wanted they could easily get your box to 'update' things itself without your permission if your box was online,,,
example,, on some images, as soon as you press blue button to access it panel, it will check server, see if panel is up to date, and if its not up to date it can update the panel,,, if it is up to date it does nothing,..
this happens quicker than your eyes, and you wouldnt notice any notable differnece,, but as i said, may not even be in gemini image, but they could do if they wanted!!
nothing is important,, wget command can be implemented in c code without any port be open.

daveejay
30th June, 2010, 10:51 AM
Use Gemini 4.2 then.. thats the safest option if you want to use a Gemini Image
I have a genuine Dreambox 500S and i have been using Gemini 4.2 since the day i bought it..
2 years ago.. Never seen the need to update it, it does what it needs to do without any problems
True, currently run a DM600 genuine box on image it arrived with 2 years ago - no issues, DM800 genuine at my dads - issues ll over teh place when playing with different images, but now stable once set up and left alone... Clone 800 at my address now stable on an early gemini image, although the build quality means problems with how it is used. Once stable would suggest if it aint broke.... it doesnt need that little tweak :D

karlpowell
7th July, 2010, 02:55 PM
there are ots of images as good as gemini ( why take that chance)

PLI great images and very stable
nabilosat again a fantastic image

thewizardofodds
9th September, 2010, 12:23 AM
shit i'm using 4.6, is that a problem, openmedia c/s

kqbh505
9th October, 2011, 09:36 PM
My 500 s oem clone is no problem with and i am sure taht the update must be done manuelly..gemini tums up.