PDA

View Full Version : ecu problem volvo v70 2008

bijlaard
18th July, 2012, 08:18 PM
Hi all
Hope someone can help me with this:
I have a not working ecu (gets real hot and the car did not start)
I have bought a ecu with the same number, and switched the eeprom: 95640 3 / K733B.
Put it in the car and the car started and and the engine was running.

I then did read it with bdm (for chiptunung) I got the file back from tuner, did write it with bdm.

Then putted the ecu back into the car.
The car did not start, message in the dash : immobilizer problem.
In Vida it says : no connection with the other modules.

I tried to write back the backup file from when the car was starting, no luck . still no communication with the ECU

Please can somebody help me with this one.
I also posted this also in another section of this forum

rgds

nicamarcos
18th July, 2012, 08:29 PM
I think that ECU was killed when you taked board to read it under bdm pads.

bijlaard
18th July, 2012, 09:43 PM
Maybe,
I did it the way i did some before, (no reverse of the pins.)
When I did read , the ecu stayed on the frame until the file came back and we did write it.

but the question is , what now?
What steps to take ..
I can post al backup what is made from the (then) working ecu ?
if these are not corrupted...

rgds

looly
18th July, 2012, 09:50 PM
Can u take a read of both eeproms using a programmer and not by bdm?

bijlaard
18th July, 2012, 10:15 PM
I have xprog codiprog wellon 590
the eeprom i swapped i can probebly read with one of those
I don't know in witch mcu the flash and eeprom are in this ECU (sorry just started up to try to do tuning)

rgds bijlaard

VolvoGeely
19th July, 2012, 02:34 AM
I can only give info of the system of P2/3 cars.

After all of your chip swapping and fooling around , but now the systems all work , or so It seems. Car starts & runs ,shifts etc. On Shut down and within 30sec to 3 mins (depends on whats installed and still working/waiting) the system will check all codes/mileage Distance /where the setting's are and then write all info to the chips ..If your not waiting for the car to go into sleep mode, then You could be causing the bug.

VG

This chip swapping etc and reading & writing is not the way I fix Volvos , I install new ECU's to CEM's ETC. But this I know.

VG

bijlaard
19th July, 2012, 10:09 AM
So what you are telling is :
When the car was starting and running, after swapping the eeprom (95640 3) I did take out the ecu to fast, so that the car had not enough time to write the data into it.

When this is the case, to be honest, it is possible,
because the ecu was just connected and was not mounted in the frame.
after the car started and did run I just unplugged it.

But off course the question remains, how can i solve this problem at not to much costs ?

Also a question, when i buy (again) another ECU with the same number, swap the eeprom 95640 3 on that ECU , should the car run again ?? (payed 180,- euro for this one)

Or is there a possibility with this ecu to take immo off,

Is there anybody who knows a solution ?

thnx in advance

rgds bijlaard

bijlaard
20th July, 2012, 08:29 AM
The only thing where i could find something that might be usefull is in the little eeprom i swapped, I also did read the eeprom from the scrapyard eeprom.
I can see the vin of the car is in it.

Don't know if it's any use

rgds

looly
20th July, 2012, 09:19 AM
The only thing where i could find something that might be usefull is in the little eeprom i swapped, I also did read the eeprom from the scrapyard eeprom.
I can see the vin of the car is in it.

Don't know if it's any use

rgds

The eeprom data looks correct. If you were to get another identical ecu and swap eeprom over then im pretty sure that the car will run fine. HOWEVER if these ecu's are killed by simply opening them up then you may have a problem using a second hand ecu. Anyone else know if these ecu's become dead after opening pls?

Fec001
20th July, 2012, 08:51 PM
Did you tried doing chk with BDM???

looly
20th July, 2012, 09:05 PM
Did you tried doing chk with BDM???

I dont think they did, believe the file was already chk corrected.
Also the original bdm read does not work now and no comms so it sounds like ecu is...:beheaded:

Fec001
20th July, 2012, 09:57 PM
I had the same problem with an Audi A6. I wrote the tuned file to the ECU with Chk corrected(WinOLS) and the car won't start. First I tried to write back the original, won't start. After did a chk correction with BDM and everything went fine.....
I think this because of CPU chk. It must be corrected too.

spawns3
21st July, 2012, 12:40 PM
Recheck the soldering on 95640 .

bijlaard
22nd July, 2012, 09:33 PM
I had the same problem with an Audi A6. I wrote the tuned file to the ECU with Chk corrected(WinOLS) and the car won't start. First I tried to write back the original, won't start. After did a chk correction with BDM and everything went fine.....
I think this because of CPU chk. It must be corrected too.

How do I make a chk correction with bdm
(sorry I just now read and write button)
I need a teacher for all this :-)

rgds

Fec001
23rd July, 2012, 12:42 PM
advanced-----> Checksum

bijlaard
31st July, 2012, 06:09 PM
After we ****ed up the original ecu of the Volvo V70 2008
We bought at the scrapyard an ecu with the same numbers and swapped the eeprom, the car did start and run.
After reading and writing it with bdm, the car did not start and gave a Immo problem on dash.
We tried to diagnose whats wrong, but Vida and autologic do not see the ecu .
We did write back the back-up , same story , immo problem.
We have again been to the scarpyard and picked up a few ecu's (bosch 0281 012 765)
We read the eeprom with FGTech and write it on the ecu's, and the car did start and run.
Think bdm is the problem because it did not recognize the ecu, we had to do it manually we choose 16edc volvo.
We now have a starting an running car with an error, and the car does not go over 85km an hour
Vida and Autologic are getting acces to the ecu, but there is a problem on diagnostic, there comes now:
conflicting injector data,
We went to the Volvo dealer for a reload, it's not possible (wrong code )
We made an ecu (all with same numbers) totally empty, and tried to load the ecu with original software from Volvo , it did not work.
did try to reload the software for the injectors, did not work.
Well we don't know anymore
yeah buy new ecu, but better, .. we need an Volvo expert here :-)

rgds

VolvoGeely
7th August, 2012, 06:12 AM
bijlaard (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/252165-bijlaard/)

Ms , what I posted is all I know.
I don't play with chips, just components / nodes / and make $ selling parts.
But learn what I posted. , EEEproms .
I also have made the time mistake , and to correct was $$ and time.

VG