PDA

View Full Version : Orange5, unpredicatble behaviour? Can it be trusted?

dontzapit
20th July, 2012, 09:20 AM
I have the Original Orange5 and have been using it for a long time now however I would like other users feedback aswell who have this tool. Dont get me wrong, it is a well designed programmer and good quality BUT, who has tried reading Secured chips with it?? Well I have and believe me, dont think you can 100% trust it that it wont erase or corrupt the chip when reading it. Yes, this has now happened to me 3 times and I have to say it makes me feel very nervous using it at times. I have also read here about others who have had this same problem with the Orange5 aswell. I remove all chips to read them so reading in circuit is definitely not the problem. Today I read a common G72G motorola (not secured) and it read it fine the first time, then i tried reading it the second time and it had trouble communicating with the chip and then all of a sudden it reads it and it completely corrupted the shit out of it. A few weeks ago I tried reading a Mitsubishi Immo with a secured Motorola 1E???? (sorry cant remember the exact mask) and it reads it first time which none of my other programmers would do, only problem is it read it and erased it at the same time FFFFFFFFFF. Anyone else having these problems with the Orange5?

joemajdalani
20th July, 2012, 09:39 AM
Are you using the HC05 programer board ? if you don't will erase chip 100%

dontzapit
20th July, 2012, 11:57 AM
Are you using the HC05 programer board ? if you don't will erase chip 100%

Yes of course, theres no other adaptor except the HC05 Adaptor to read the 705E6 mate?