PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTI 180

peregrine
21st July, 2012, 09:58 PM
Ok,

I have an issue with this car. It has a GIAC file I got the original file did a remap and the car went extremly well. No one day later car will not start, there is no power to the fuel pump etc. Any one have experince with this, I can no longer comunicate through obd. I have tired this with MPPS and and orginal Kess V2.

powertdi
21st July, 2012, 10:25 PM
chksumm incorrect. i have a same situation on one car. wich is type of ECU do you have?

J_amb_o
21st July, 2012, 10:50 PM
You can try disconnecting the battery for 10mins, you may then be able to flash again.

peregrine
22nd July, 2012, 01:00 AM
Disconected the ecu and was able to flash it again with the GIAC file and no problem. If it is checksum it should not even start, insteads it will always start the first time if I disconect the ecu the second starte nothing.

peregrine
22nd July, 2012, 01:03 AM
I have uploaded the ori file from Alientech as the one in the car is GIAC. The second file is the mod with out checksum, would some one be willing to correct it so that I can try?

Thanks

Alpinesport
22nd July, 2012, 08:17 AM
hi have corrected your chksum but it is a bad tuning
a lot off boost and ignition and no gasoline very bad combination

Use a pro tuner when you need files it is cheaper then a new engine

easytech
22nd July, 2012, 12:23 PM
If it won't start with the ori, then there is a lock in the EEprom due to the bad checksum.
Post the dump from the EEprom I can repair that.

peregrine
22nd July, 2012, 04:12 PM
hi have corrected your chksum but it is a bad tuning
a lot off boost and ignition and no gasoline very bad combination

Use a pro tuner when you need files it is cheaper then a new engine

Hi,

Thanks for the help. File should be ok as it was acutally done on the dayno by a good tuner, but I really apriciate the feeback.

Thanks,

peregrine
22nd July, 2012, 04:14 PM
If it won't start with the ori, then there is a lock in the EEprom due to the bad checksum.
Post the dump from the EEprom I can repair that.

Hi,

I put the ori/mod made by GIAC and thats working ok but unfortunalty I can no mod the file as it is already a mod so had to ask for and ori with SW and Hw numbers.

turboracing
22nd July, 2012, 06:30 PM
looked at your file and it is no good tuning you are damm lucky not to burn piston whit that file i looked at high ignition and high boost the engine is and must bee running on knock retard and full correction on lamda map to richen up ..... just my opinion